2016 Four Nationals FS Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Nationals FS Championships

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh no, I missed Ice Dance :(

Easy done. Like, it was only 15 minutes long since there were only 2 couples!

Both skated well (but, you would expect that!) Testa / Csolley lead by 5 points over KALISZEK / SPODYRIEV.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Men's Group 1 Warm-up just started.

Klepoch is third to go, while Brezina is last to go in this group

So, I take it we don't have a seeded draw!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, that schedule is good for me...I have to go out soon, but I want to see Michal skate.

Ah, but. We don't want to see Michal skate.

We want to see Michal SKATE WELL!!! :biggrin:

Really hope he does.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, Marco! I had forgotten about that awful pink shirt with the dollar sign on the back!

I know it fits in with the song being about money, but could you not have worn something different?!

Yeah, you deserve to be 3rd out of 3 just for wearing that!

Witkowski next, and then Brezina.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think it's safe to say that Witkowsky doesn't agree with his scores.

Brezina on now.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Low score, but with this skate, he didn't deserve a higher one :noshake:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
68.83?! Even by Michal's standards that's disappointing. I'm sure he will win anyway, though.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Michal's reaction after he finished the routine said everything.

"What can I do to get this right?!"

Still took the lead by 18 points, though. But, I'm not sure he will still have it by the end of the day.

The second guy in this group (Jiri BELOHRADSKY) could be his main challenger...

CaroLiza_fan

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Michal's reaction after he finished the routine said everything.

"What can I do to get this right?!"

Still took the lead by 18 points, though. But, I'm not sure he will still have it by the end of the day.

The second guy in this group (Jiri BELOHRADSKY) could be his main challenger...

CaroLiza_fan

I think Belohradsky doesn't have 3A and honestly I don't give him a chance to beat Michal...But Michal's score was poor. And it is same every competition, I don't remeber last time he skated two clean programs and I am sad to see he starts to be like Verner (unable to skate clean). Don't get me wrong I am fan of Michal, I loved Tomáš Verner, but it worries me, especially when I see the scores of the other male skaters.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A there's Petr Kotlarik also. I think he may lost in SP, but there's always tomorrow!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Belohradsky doesn't have 3A and honestly I don't give him a chance to beat Michal...But Michal's score was poor. And it is same every competition, I don't remeber last time he skated two clean programs and I am sad to see he starts to be like Verner (unable to skate clean). Don't get me wrong I am fan of Michal, I loved Tomáš Verner, but it worries me, especially when I see the scores of the other male skaters.

The problem today was, that beside jumps he had a problem with spins and that's something he usually has done well. We will see in protocols, but in NHK Trophy his score was significantly better.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I just don't know what's going on with Michal. At his last GP, I remember commenting that I don't think he's done a programme this year that he hasn't had at least one fall in.

It is so frustrating when you know how good he can be.

If Belohradsky can get close to, or even beat, Michal in the SP, it might provide the wake-up call Michal needs.

I keep thinking back to last year's Italian Ladies Championships. Everybody espected Rodeghiero to win, and she got complacent. And Giada Russo came out of no-where and won it.

But it fired Rodeghiero up, and since then she has become Italy's undisputed number 1 skater.

Until this weekend when Russo again won the National title!

So, maybe if Michal had a competitive rival in his own country again, like he did when Verner was about, then it will fire him up.

But, it took me so long to write this that Belohradsky has now got his score, and it is a full 10 points behind Brezina!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
The problem today was, that beside jumps he had a problem with spins and that's something he usually has done well. We will see in protocols, but in NHK Trophy his score was significantly better.

I know the score was better, but I meant it is not enough. Unfortunately the times, when Michal was 4th at Worlds are gone, because rest of the guys have improved with time. Michal does much more mistakes than he used to.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What on Earth was the Ukrainian wearing???!!!

Black track suit with grey foam pads tied on to his legs with orange hazard tape?!

Whoever designed that costume needs sacked!!!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So happy for Igor! That was definitely good skate for him :) Michal is just hopeless case....

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Jan KURNIK.

The Beatles must be in fashion at the moment!

Not that I'm complaining! But we had a really weird moment when he started playing air guitar very badly!

No. Just no.

I bet Brezina thinks the song was about him - "It's been a hard day's night"...

CaroLiza_fan