On the Ice
I really hope this pairing works out. Jenny is such a wonderful
skater. Working with Frank and Lori, I can't wait to see what
type of programs they come up with. :)

--Hermy

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I knew it. Frank and Lori.....I wonder if they're trying to create another "wonderkin" skater. Good luck to you, Jenny, you've had some amazing coaches........42

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I really have a good feeling about this new relationship... and I think lori is brilliant jenny will shine with better material to work with!!!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I remember feeling so excited when Angela chose Frank....but, I won't be a nay sayer! Jenny is one of those skaters that I genuinely want to see succeed. She tries so hard and has been through so much. Lori Nichol should do wonders for her.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I wonder if she's going to be living in El Segundo as well. If I see her and/or her sister in the neighborhood, I'll give them a thumb's up.​

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I wonder if they're trying to create another "wonderkin" skaterI never know if these kinda posts are digs or not. At any rate, at 20 Jenny is well past "wonderkin" status.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am not that thrilled with Lori as Jenny's choreographer. I liked Jenny best in her Chicago number and that is about as far from Lori Nichol's style as you can get. However, I hope this works for Jenny and wish her the best of luck.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
DORISPULASKI said:
I am not that thrilled with Lori as Jenny's choreographer. I liked Jenny best in her Chicago number and that is about as far from Lori Nichol's style as you can get.
How so?

Although Jenny's Chicago SP was a lot of fun, it wasn't very "chicago" IMHO. Much more Thouroughly Modern Milly, bordering on being too cute. If I had to pick anyone else's programs who it reminded me of, I'd have to go with S&P's Jalouse and Love Story, both nice fun programs that bordered on being too cute.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think that Lori Nichol might actually be excellent for Kirk in this phase of her skating. Unfortunately I did not save it, but I remember that one of our commentars had a lot to comment on which was lacking in Kirk´s presentation/skating. It was needing polishing, and Lori Nichol would be good in that. Also I can see that FC will be good for her!

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html
Latest update June 14, 2004: http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index07i.html

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Berthe.........I think you've read enough of my posts in the past to know that I don't "dig" at skaters, especially if they're trying to improve on the natural talents that they already have. I was thinking more of Frank and his attempts to make Linda F. and Chris B. and others into skaters that have it all, grace, athletic ability, and public charisma. It seems lately that all roads lead to "Frank", not a bad thing by any means. I only have good thoughts for Jenny.............42

IDLERACER

Medalist
"Kirk made the move from Detroit, Mich., to Hermosa Beach, Calif., earlier in the week."

How 'bout that? Jenny and Michelle are now neighbors. Hermosa Beach is right next to Manhattan Beach.

lil lion 816

Rinkside
I confess that I have a soft spot for Jenny and hope that she does well.
That said, I think she really needs to find a coach that she can "settle in" with this season. It's the year before the Olympics, and I think she needs to find a coach who will give her what she needs *this* year. Best of luck to her, at any rate.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
show 42 said:
Berthe.........I think you've read enough of my posts in the past to know that I don't "dig" at skaters, especially if they're trying to improve on the natural talents that they already have. I was thinking more of Frank and his attempts to make Linda F. and Chris B. and others into skaters that have it all, grace, athletic ability, and public charisma. It seems lately that all roads lead to "Frank", not a bad thing by any means. I only have good thoughts for Jenny.............42
True, which is why I didn't think you were having a "dig". It's just that you said that Lori was opposite of "chicago" in style, and I think it's very much her style. You didn't actually answer my question.
:laugh:

Lotta

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
"Kirk made the move from Detroit, Mich., to Hermosa Beach, Calif., earlier in the week."

How 'bout that? Jenny and Michelle are now neighbors. Hermosa Beach is right next to Manhattan Beach.

She's also neighbors with Amber Corwin since she also lives in Hermosa. :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
No problem, Berthe........but I think it was Doris who made the "Chicago" comment.........42