It's Official, Jenny Kirk chooses Frank Carroll | Page 2 | Golden Skate

It's Official, Jenny Kirk chooses Frank Carroll

S

SkateFan4Life

This is wonderful news! Frank Carroll is one of the best figure skating coaches out there, and he has a long, long track record of coaching skaters to World and Olympic medals. Jenny Kirk is a perky skater with a lot of pizazz, and she has wonderful jumps and spins, I hope she and Frank work well together, and that their efforts will result in more US World team berths and, hopefully, World and Olympic medals. Go, Jenny! :)

Fossi

Final Flight
Our little beauty Jennifer Kirk is going to Frank Carroll? Wonderful news!! Some credit him for producing the two best figure skaters the world has ever seen: Janet Lynn and Michelle Kwan. What good company Jenny will be keeping.
I was secretly hoping Sarah would go to him though. :love:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Fossi said:
Some credit him for producing the two best figure skaters the world has ever seen: Janet Lynn and Michelle Kwan.
When did Frank Carroll coach Janet Lynn? Slavka Kohout was Janet's long-time coach.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Callystarr

Rinkside

I really hope this works out, When Jenny first burst out onto the scene I expected nothing short of championship contender, she just lacks the consistency she once had. I think this could be excellent for her.....

Sk8harvest

Rinkside
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
When did Frank Carroll coach Janet Lynn? Slavka Kohout was Janet's long-time coach.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

I don't think Frank Carroll coached Janet Lynn, but didn't he coach Linda Fratianne?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Sk8harvest said:
I don't think Frank Carroll coached Janet Lynn, but didn't he coach Linda Fratianne?
Yup, he worked with Fratianne. Also with Tiffant Chin.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
How so?

Although Jenny's Chicago SP was a lot of fun, it wasn't very "chicago" IMHO. Much more Thouroughly Modern Milly, bordering on being too cute. If I had to pick anyone else's programs who it reminded me of, I'd have to go with S&P's Jalouse and Love Story, both nice fun programs that bordered on being too cute.

Love Story was the bomb

and Lori had help with the Jalouse Choreography... Kurt Browning helped out with the footwork and expression if memory serves me correctly. You could really see the Kurt touch, especially in David's manner and facial expression, while very much David you could see the Kurt humor as well....

Fossi

Final Flight
Sk8harvest said:

:p I have always heard comparisons between Michelle Kwan and Janet Lynn. I just figured that Frank Carroll must have coached them both and that's why they're mentioned together. :confused:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can understand your confusion, Fossi

but if that were teh case then Frank would have also coached Yuka Sato as she is also compared to Janet... but Yuka was coached by her father :)

I have read that when Michelle first started working with Lori Nichol, Lori showed her clips of Janet Lynn skating and tried consciously to get Michelle to learn from Janet's technique. At this time Michelle was still more or less a jumping bean, and I think that these lessons with Lori were instumental in shaping Michelle's approach to artistic skating.

Mathman:)