Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
New Anastasia interview .. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx-PtA3qBOg

Couldn't understand a word .. but, fun to watch .. :)

Why is she plugging herself? Still searching for sponsors? Snow Leopards agrees with these 'private enterprises' of one of their pupils?

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see the skaters having a life and fun off the ice. But given Tarakanova's history and the Shabotova incident one would assume her new rink would advice Anastasiya to caution/restraint on social media and first deliver some results in competition?

Gg Gg

On the Ice
Why is she plugging herself? Still searching for sponsors? Snow Leopards agrees with these 'private enterprises' of one of their pupils?

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see the skaters having a life and fun off the ice. But given Tarakanova's history and the Shabotova incident one would assume her new rink would advice Anastasiya to caution/restraint on social media and first deliver some results in competition?

I thought it was a fan thread

madmax

Rinkside
According to Ternov, Nastya is second only to Kostornaia, when it comes to SS

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/ternovblogfk/2518250.html

Kostornaia’s SS are amazing: she really gain speed every time she touches the ice.
Overall, Kostornaia is a better skater but imo Nastya’s SS are the best in the world, at the moment.
She seems to always keep maximum pressure on the edges. It's not just her muscular power, it’s her technique to make the difference.

https://youtu.be/TaPTCOtEC7o?t=96

I remember when I first saw this amazing sequence between 1:36 and 2:01 I thought: who is this girl? No way!

... sometimes you don't know why you fall in love with a skater, sometimes you do.

carmening

Spectator
I really hope nastya’s battle for funding/a stable training environment doesn’t force her out of the sport. She’s got some of the best jumps, basics, and passion of the entire field and I really think sticking with a coach and developing her enormous potential would be something incredible. But she got the JGP assignment, so I'm hopeful the fed also believes in her potential. Good luck at Lake Placid, Nastia!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I really hope nastya’s battle for funding/a stable training environment doesn’t force her out of the sport.
What i don't get of the all question is why she keep leaving from a training environment to another. Is not that she was forced out, or at least non appeared so, reading about her over the years. It's like she's starting to pay for that attitude, even without taking into account the underrating she got at the senior nationals of the past season.

Still, i too hope she can find stability. Losing her huge talent would be a great shame.

This may be her best junior season, if started at the very best, from the test skates to the JGP series.

Good luck Anya, we need you.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya introducing us to the Test Skates, in which she and Kseniya Sinitsina and Anna Frolova will participate and probably be rooming together at the athletes' hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjiNPDc3Se4

I gather from the clip Anastasiya is training at Snow Leopards, but under what arrangements she made not clear and are probably confidential or private.

Novogorsk's small figure skating museum Anastasiya showed us, has posters of Gorshkov and Tarasova, and a collection of boots, blades and skates, including Dutch clogs on blades ;-)

Later in the vlog, she excuses herself for the burr on her voice, she said she catched a small cold just before training.

She said she will try to keep us updated, and answering questions, but can make no promises obviously.

I hope she won't get in trouble for bypassing the official communication channels.

Azikin

Medalist
Not bad, not bad, considering her situation and everything, could have been worse, music suits her I think..

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Same clip on her own YouTube channel with comments, questions and hopefully some answers from Anastasiya later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOD4qIQRf4

PS: the that still photo on the intro is quite nice with those matching colours. Her webmaster, or even she herself are doing great with the channel.

PSS: To bad, YouTube struck the clip because of a copyright violation. This might happen again in videos with Anastasiya competing to that music :-(

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
My thought after the free skating:

I don't get why she's not skating to Believer, by Imagine Dragons :think:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This is what Svetlana Panova, chief trainer at Snow Leopards had to say about Junior Test Skates:

"At the end of the season, we staged the programs of Kseniya Sinitsyna, Nastya Tarakanova and Anya Frolova. The directors were different: both Anya Novichkina and Lena Romanovskaya worked with us. Nadiya Kanayeva staged the short program for Ksyusha, she went to her in the USA.

In early June, the girls together with our choreographer were at a training camp in Sochi. After that we trained and prepared in Moscow, at our own Snow Leopards rink.

If we talk about new programs: we staged Nastya Tarakanova's programs so that they fit her temperament. The idea to make a program to music from the movie "Frida" sprouted with us and Elena Romanovskaya almost simultaneously. The fact is that somehow we were doing choreography on ice, and the choreographer Ilona Protasenya picked this music from her supply that happened to be from the movie “Frida”. This image was very suitable for Nastya, therefore we decided to stage such a program in the end. For the SP, Anya Novichkina proposed a theme and a Western-style musical composition. Nastya liked it. And by joint efforts we decided: this will be it."

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I've missed a YouTube video by, from and with Anastasiya, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6BN_oiRwg4

Something like "Training camp at Sirius, Trip to Krasnaya Polyana, How do figure skaters relax ..." it was also available on her VK.
Seemed like a fun clip to me, has anybody seen it? Was it pulled because of music copyright (which already happened with her Test Skates clip) or did she pull it herself?

Other recent activity on her social media are only new photos from Test Skates, but no word how she's doing and wether she'll get an assignment.