2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies SP

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm still kinda in denial/unreasonably optimistic about Vivian, TBH.

NOOOO, she WILL still slay the field! *Screeching wildly* *Squirting a squirt bottle in random directions* *making crazed faces* SHE MUST! *Gollum voice and pose* MY PREEEEECIOUSSSSS!

I get waaaay too emotionally attached to juniors...

Note: the above is a huge dramatization. I actually just want to cry whenever I think about the combo that wasn't. :cry:

Last edited:

temadd

Final Flight
Icenetwork's been terrible. Multiple "stalling"- audio out multiple times- completely horrible. I wrote an email and complained. I really enjoyed what I could see of these Ladies.

I have e-mailed icenetwork on several occasions for problems with my account and have never received a response. Would love to know if they respond to you.

ranjake

Final Flight
I have e-mailed icenetwork on several occasions for problems with my account and have never received a response. Would love to know if they respond to you.

Not so far- will let you know. Once they responded (maybe last year when National feeds were awful and they had multiple complaints? Not sure) .

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm still kinda in denial/unreasonably optimistic about Vivian, TBH.

NOOOO, she WILL still slay the field! *Screeching wildly* *Squirting a squirt bottle in random directions* *making crazed faces* SHE MUST! *Gollum voice and pose* MY PREEEEECIOUSSSSS!

I get waaaay too emotionally attached to juniors...

Note: the above is a huge dramatization. I actually just want to cry whenever I think about the combo that wasn't. :cry:

Layback11, I love your constant enthusiasm for Vivian :laugh: It makes the junior ladies nationals way more exciting! And it's pretty infectious too; I've found myself happily cheering for her in this event! Hopefully she can skate an amazing free program :cheer:

andromache

Record Breaker
I don't follow juniors too much, but what's the deal with Emily Chan's lutz? Does she not have one at all? Does she have a flutz? Ashley and Evgenia are two top-ranked ladies without real lutzes...it's just surprising to see an 18 year old at the top of the US junior pack at a Nationals comp. I wonder how she would fare against the senior ladies.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Layback11, I love your constant enthusiasm for Vivian :laugh: It makes the junior ladies nationals way more exciting! And it's pretty infectious too; I've found myself happily cheering for her in this event! Hopefully she can skate an amazing free program :cheer:

That might be the nicest thing anyone on this forum has ever said to me. Made my day. :thank:

I honestly think she might be a little creeped out if she ever read some of my posts about her, lol. I'm very partial to insanely talented headcases (Gracie, Vivian, Karen, etc.) and when I find one that I enjoy, I will add her/him to my list of preciouses :p and gush incessantly about them. Even if they're juniors. (This is very dangerous, but I cannot stop. ;))

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I don't follow juniors too much, but what's the deal with Emily Chan's lutz? Does she not have one at all? Does she have a flutz? Ashley and Evgenia are two top-ranked ladies without real lutzes...it's just surprising to see an 18 year old at the top of the US junior pack at a Nationals comp. I wonder how she would fare against the senior ladies.

I think she just got the 3f this season, for I remember her doing just a 3t and 3s last year? :slink:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ashley and Evgenia do lutzes in their programs even if they are flutzes. Emily needs to get that jump to be able to compete at all on the Senior level. Her lack of jump content is why she only made it to Juniors at a age that most top skaters have been a Senior skater for at least two years. But the girl knows how to work a program like very few of the Russian girls do to be honest.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Ashley and Evgenia do lutzes in their programs even if they are flutzes. Emily needs to get that jump to be able to compete at all on the Senior level. Her lack of jump content is why she only made it to Juniors at a age that most top skaters have been a Senior skater for at least two years. But the girl knows how to work a program like very few of the Russian girls do to be honest.

Her artistry, skating skills and spins are much better than most of the American field too. She only has to get those jumps. Let's see how she goes in the free, than maybe she can even go to Junior Worlds this year

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her artistry, skating skills and spins are much better than most of the American field too. She only has to get those jumps. Let's see how she goes in the free, than maybe she can even go to Junior Worlds this year

So she is like Jason Brown? Hmm...okay. I can work with that.

Why is it that American skaters are like Ice Network? There's bound to be at least one issue :biggrin:

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I just notice Emily Chan in this competition. She stays on the junior level because she is not senior qualified? Or she just wants to be placed better at junior nationals to have a better chance to go to junior worlds?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I just notice Emily Chan in this competition. She stays on the junior level because she is not senior qualified? Or she just wants to be placed better at junior nationals to have a better chance to go to junior worlds?

Well, she has never done Junior Nats before (she won novice last year). She doesn't have a triple lutz yet, and this season just introduced 3Lo, 3F and 3T+3T, so she probably chose Junior Nats as it was a safer bet to qualify to and place well at - and she did win, so...