2016 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

kwankwan

Rinkside
I'm just not a fan of the new commentators... Terry just reads stats off a piece of paper and Tara is so negative. Johnny seems to be the only one who talks elements. I miss Scott. At least he got excited for the skaters when they landed difficult jumps.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Oh I thought they were quite positive during the pairs actually. Maybe a bit more appraising of the ladies so far.

mintx

On the Ice
I think they have gotten better. Their focus seems mor on the skaters and less on themselves.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm just not a fan of the new commentators... Terry just reads stats off a piece of paper and Tara is so negative. Johnny seems to be the only one who talks elements. I miss Scott. At least he got excited for the skaters when they landed difficult jumps.

I could swear Tara called Terry Scott at the beginning of the broadcast. Anyone else hear that?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Welcome! And thanks for the reply. I don't think it's anywhere too late but I am thinking it just might be "her time". Hopefully we see THIS Polina in her free skate. If we do than all bets are off on the status quo. Stay tuned! :luv17:
If she skates clean and the others mess up its her's to lose even with that horrific fashion faux pas of a dress lol

lavender

Record Breaker
Okay coming from a neutral fan I just don't get how Gold is ahead of Ashley. Ash had a much better overall performance.

Last edited:

havefun

Rinkside
Watching NBC ladies SP. Watch Polina's jump landings and then Gracies or Courtneys. U will notice Polina lands on the toe pick and it rotates some. This stops her from falling on the jump. This is called being "good at cheating" and is what kills her internationally and is why for example the international judges will reward Courtney's clean program before Polinas. This Nationals is horrible for the woman. Soooooo frustrating. I hope Polina can work on quicker pull in to get really full rotation and erase all doubt on her jumps. She will be unbeatable. I also hope Courtney moves to Raf to fix that hip drop that causes her falls. This is the US's chance at medalling in this cycle. The USFS must help these skaters, with honest critiques and assistance in getting these talented skated the help they need.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Alright, so I watched this on a widescreen tv today. Someone tell me WHAT THE HECK is Gracie Gold doing in second place??? The performance was flat and IMO uninteresting, she botched two jumping passes (no count on the 1Z and had to have been negative GOE on the ugly 3F-DOUBLE TOE combination. Her 2axel is unimpressive. I'd have had her behind Nagasu too. Nagasu has elegance, better spins, her jumps were there. I was going to go out tonight but I'll stick around and see how much more upwards lifting they will keep Gold's pathetic scores. If Gold goes to Worlds and puts out a performance like this (which I now wouldn't be surprised if she does, she will be BURIED). I hope Mirai can skate lights out and place third behind Polina and Ashley. As for Tyler Perry, I really didn't think she was all that. I guess because she skated relatively cleanly she got higher marks than she deserved from the judges.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

I could swear Tara called Terry Scott at the beginning of the broadcast. Anyone else hear that?

I first thought that, but she was responding to Scott's commentary that champions go out in the SP to win, and mentioned Tara. I thought it was funny because Tara said she couldn't ever recalling messing up a SP. Um, I know it was awhile ago, but I'd always remember that 1996 Worlds SP....

lavender

Record Breaker
I first thought that, but she was responding to Scott's commentary that champions go out in the SP to win, and mentioned Tara. I thought it was funny because Tara said she couldn't ever recalling messing up a SP. Um, I know it was awhile ago, but I'd always remember that 1996 Worlds SP....

Didn't she fall at Nationals sp before the Olympics?

kwankwan

Rinkside
Alright, so I watched this on a widescreen tv today. Someone tell me WHAT THE HECK is Gracie Gold doing in second place??? The performance was flat and IMO uninteresting, she botched two jumping passes (no count on the 1Z and had to have been negative GOE on the ugly 3F-DOUBLE TOE combination. Her 2axel is unimpressive. I'd have had her behind Nagasu too. Nagasu has elegance, better spins, her jumps were there. I was going to go out tonight but I'll stick around and see how much more upwards lifting they will keep Gold's pathetic scores. If Gold goes to Worlds and puts out a performance like this (which I now wouldn't be surprised if she does, she will be BURIED). I hope Mirai can skate lights out and place third behind Polina and Ashley. As for Tyler Perry, I really didn't think she was all that. I guess because she skated relatively cleanly she got higher marks than she deserved from the judges.

lol tyler perry

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Placement after SP if so unfair... I can't even... putting out an edge call to only one skater when that one actually had just flat edge on her jump. When the others are just liping or flutzing so bad... It still drives me crazy