2016 US Nationals Senior Men SP | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Men SP

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I have not seen Miner but with what Nathan did should he not be above a quad less guy? I do not understand scoring. It is never consistent!!!!

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I have not seen Miner but with what Nathan did should he not be above a quad less guy? I do not understand scoring. It is never consistent!!!!

Ross was better in everything else and its not like Nathan's jumps were flawless :confused2:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
The decision to send Ashley ahead of Mirai was made by the USFSA not Ashley. Skaters don't have that much power. Don't blame Ashley for that.
Even I understood this. Michelle got a bye or whatever because they thought she would skate better than Emily. Her record was great. They made the right decision and Ashley was held down in marks in the Sochi Olympics. She was underscored in the individual skate and she came through in Sochi as expected.

To say she stole Mirai's place is silly and is this not the men's thread? That is what is so frustrating when everyone is supposed to be on the same topic. Ok vay.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Nathan should've been ahead. His PCS should've been the highest, and how two guys with no quads are ahead is beyond me. Adam, while he has a certain quality, should be around 83! And how Max got PCS of 42...whacky. Very whacky.

luenatic

On the Ice
I'm rooting for Ross to do well and be on the team to Boston! I cannot wait to see him skate in Worlds.

And how Max got PCS of 42...whacky. Very whacky.

IMHO Max had the perfect strategy for an athletic skater who struggles with artistic expression. He rode that warhorse music hard and put her away wet. You can't help but get high PCSs with Puccini soaring over the loudspeakers. :yes:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ross had an amazing SP. He owned the music, and performed every nuance. I wish the FS was as good as his SP. The crowd was standing for Ross before he finished the SP...

Nathan is an excellent skater but he needs work, IMO, on skating skills, posture, line and in general expressing the music. He is only 16 and has been injured quite a bit. I'm sure he will improve in the areas which are a little weak.

The Senior Men's competition was just amazing!