2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The final perky part of Zucker/Sitiks's latin free would be a lot more fun if they didn't look so tired.

She hits her final pose several beats before the music ends and just holds it while he continues. She seriously looked like she's in pain at the end, is she injured?

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The final perky part of Zucker/Sitiks's latin free would be a lot more fun if they didn't look so tired.

She hits her final pose several beats before the music ends and just holds it while he continues. She seriously looked like she's in pain at the end, is she injured?

Awww, she's thanking her coaches for sitting with them 'through the worst parts of their career' :sad21: Not at all happy with that dance

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The Reynolds skating to Kung Fu Panda, it sounds like. Some neat tai chi inspired transitions- they opened up with push hands! A few stumbles. She's in a red kimono dress and he's in a black tai chi suit. Only get halfway into position for the straight line lift, but the curve lift was pretty

Completely zoned on the last couple, sorry :eek:hwell:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
And with this music choice, Patsis and Fast automatically become my favorite couple! :rock: ~I don't like Mooooondaaaays~ Even it they aren't skating well. And I'm not sure why they're dressed like they're from the 40s. Not really seeing the theme of the song in the dance... it was pretty generic for a song about a school shooting.

Art&Sport

Medalist
@Ekm, I always try to call it as I see it. I have to call out unfairness when it is a politically-biased result. You can refrain because you don't like negativity. I understand that sometimes fans are overly complaining when their favorites are underscored and even when they aren't. This situation is very different. C/B and the Shibs are very close in ability, but the Shibs have stepped it up tremendously and are actually surpassing C/B right now, but due to politics the Shibs are failing to be fairly rewarded. I find that UNACCEPTABLE! And I will speak out about it.

Evan and Madison are NOT better on the components than Maia and Alex. That's just a put-up job and a lame excuse to keep the Shibs in second place. Unfairness and politics is written all over this result!!

Charlie White showed too much obvious favoritism in his remarks as well. Maia and Alex were way better technically and artistically in their performance. The judges rewarded Can/McM by percentage points over Hawayek/Baker, but could not be fair to the Shibs. The way this has been scored, shows quite clearly that Evan and Madison can trip all over themselves with their faux, awkward so-called presentation and with tech mistakes, and still win over a better Maia and Alex. I hope C/B are OFF the podium at Worlds.

Very happy that I was wrong in feeling the judges would do the same as they did last season and not reward the Shibs. Glad it finally happened! Well-deserved win for Maia and Alex Shibutani!

The audience's standing ovations for the Shibs do not lie. Even the look on Madison's face after the Shibs' FD told us that.

Last edited: