2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Aaaaaannnnnddd there goes my stream.

Is Brubaker related to the former pairs Brubaker?

Anyway, he's a waiter with a black vest. She's in royal blue halter dress with heavy silver stoning on the top.

She drops out of the first twizzle and waits for him to finish. No credit.

Look tighter than the first couple.

Charlie's trying to be nice.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Aronow/Brubaker~ She in very nice cobalt blue with deep back, he in shirt sleeves and vest/suit. Nice long lines that they use to good effect in the final lift. They look very nervous and stiff in the knees, though, and are slightly off time and don't quite match leg lines. She completely missed the first twizzle. No push or off the count? Good music cuts with a 20's/30's/40's feel. One tempo blends smoothly into the next.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Aaaaaannnnnddd there goes my stream.

Is Brubaker related to the former pairs Brubaker?

Anyway, he's a waiter with a black vest. She's in royal blue halter dress with heavy silver stoning on the top.

She drops out of the first twizzle and waits for him to finish. No credit.

Look tighter than the first couple.

Charlie's trying to be nice.

Yeah, Collin's Rockne's younger brother.

Lissy

Medalist
Not a fan of the idea of 16 year old skating with 23 year old but I love the program.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
DanDan (Thomas/Eaton)~ She in pale pink with gold crystal patterns, he in white shirt and brown pants with similar gold detailing. Nice extension and matching lines! In fact, well done overall. Musical tunes (Rogers and Hamerstein?) instrumental although I feel like I almost know the words.

Charlie comments on the twizzles being the most difficult element, but they were nicely done here.

Team to watch for the future.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Not a fan of the idea of 16 year old skating with 23 year old but I love the program.

Beggars can't be choosers and men are in short supply in American ice dance, I hear. As long as there aren't any Morozov-esque shenanigans, it's fine with me.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So earlier some people were talking about *two* IN streams with different commentaries. Who is doing what, and which is better?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I like how the scores thing shows you what the skater/pair is originally credited for and updates after the review.

57.98, nice. That's actually a few tenths higher than Eaton got with Aldridge last year.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I guess the Reynolds are supposed to be zombies? That's why the costumes are artistically tattered?

I like her dress, she looks like a water fairy.

Ugh, we can hear some other female commentator talking in the background and it's distracting me.

TMC

Record Breaker
Does anyone know how to access Skate Radio? I'm so confused :scratch3:

I'd be really grateful for this info, too! I missed it last year and I would love love love to hear it this year!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
What does that mean by Morozov=esque shenanigans?

Wasn't Morozov the coach that kept dating his much *much* younger female students? As long as the 23 year old isn't dating the 16 year old, them skating together doesn't bother me anymore than a brother/sister team.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Reynolds/Reynolds~ Sort of a zombie theme, she in a blue dress with ragged hem, he in a tux and tails with raggedy edges. A bit too much kitsch for me, but they hold character throughout. Skating could use better fundamentals. Not great pushes, edges shallow, twizzles loose synchronization. Choreography a bit simple. He might be slightly stronger of a skater than she is. Charlie finding positive things to say.