2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ugh, I am so ready for this. I disappeared the last three weeks to help pack up my parent's house for their renovation and omg do they have SO. MUCH. CRAP. But I'm at my friend's house now to help her after her surgery and she has given me permission to share all her Oxycontin fueled snark with y'all :biggrin:

15 min till start time, right?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah. I live oustide the US, so its not worth it paying 49.99 (US) just for nationals. All international events are geoblocked for overseas subscribers.
I will rely on you guys and people uploading videos.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Us Figure skating has an official DJ called DJ Romeo and the announcer just admitted he didn't know his cohost's last name until he read her name tag right before they went on air. :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah. I live oustide the US, so its not worth it paying 49.99 (US) just for nationals. All international events are geoblocked for overseas subscribers.
I will rely on you guys and people uploading videos.

Same situation here... I will enjoy seeing what people who are seeing it live have to say though!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Same situation here... I will enjoy seeing what people who are seeing it live have to say though!

Oh dear god, I was hoping you would do the live commentary. I'll do my best, but take note of my tag line :slink:

First warm up group is about to take the ice.

Edit: yeah... I'll leave this to Layback and WordsworthGirl

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh dear god, I was hoping you would do the live commentary. I'll do my best, but take note of my tag line :slink:

First warm up group is about to take the ice.

Aw I know you will do great! Don't forget to tell us about the costumes :rofl:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Alexandria Shaugnessy/James Morgan

Music: Grease

Costumes: hers is a black sparkly short sleeve unitard and his is black pants and a black t shirt with black leather vest that had "T Birds" in crystals on the back

Elements:

3Tw
SBS 3S-he doubles, she falls
Pair spin
Lift-two positions
3STh-hands down
StSq-both getting really into it
Death spiral-a little high

Cute program, sold the heck out of that! Troubles on the SBS. Somebody threw them footballs so they have footballs in the Kiss and Cry. :laugh:

Score: 42.16

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The skaters are having a little dance party while waiting to get on the ice :dance3:

Marissa's dress is a beautiful sparkly gold lace applique :luv17: Mervin is in practice clothes. C'mon, man, step it up if you're gonna be with a woman like Marissa

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alexandra and James are dressed like Danny and Sandy at the end of Grease

Elizaveta is in a sleeveless high neck maroon dress with a slit up the side, sheer maroon back, and gold applique. Matej is wearing a grey satin Russian folk tunic with maroon and gold trim.

Alex and James on now.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I can't believe how excited and nervous I am for this event. I hope the skste gods are kind and it is a good competition

Art&Sport

Medalist
Soon as pairs event starts, and I'm getting this patchy, blurry, skipping stream all of a sudden. I am so tired of IceNetwork not being able to figure out technical problems during streaming!!!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My friend 'B': Oh, woooow...she fell down. I can tell that much! :D

Alex fell on SBS and hand down on throw thus far. Trying to explain to B the difference between a fall and a hand down