2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Castelli/Tran - Power, speed, and connection clearly better than the first two pairs. Beautiful throw. Shame she doubled the Salchow.

Last edited:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Mervin may have what TSL would call a Foot Locker costume, but he is a VERY handsome guy!

- - - Updated - - -

Castelli/Tran - Power, speed, and connection clearly better than the first two pairs. Beautiful throw. Shame they doubled the Salchows.

She doubled, he did a triple.

andromache

Record Breaker
I loooove Mervin and Marissa!!!

Who is doing the commentary? Did it start just in the middle of their performance?

samson

Medalist
well they unsurprisingly sailed into the lead but also left the door wide open for Tarah and Danny. Still 64.12 is a great score and that will be hard to top until the final group.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
As to IN stream issues I figured out yesterday that it works better if I hook directly to the modem and not use wifi and have IN be the only wondow open. I am using my nook for GS

tulosai

Record Breaker
well they unsurprisingly sailed into the lead but also left the door wide open for Tarah and Danny. Still 64.12 is a great score and that will be hard to top until the final group.

Yeah, I think that score definitely won't hold over a clean K/OS but we'll have to see what happens as always... ice is slippery.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mervin and Marissa really do have the best skating skills among the US Pairs team and probably should not be losing to K/O.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alright, costumes!

Jessica Pfund- Black lace dress with bright Hawaiian flowers all over it. Partner unremarkable

Brianna- Another black lace dress, this one with silver accents. Maxim in a sheer black lace shirt. No joke.

Alyssa- sleeveless red dress with a low back. Unembellished skirt, silver beads on the top. Paul's shirt matches her dress.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mervin and Marissa really do have the best skating skills among the US Pairs team and probably should not be losing to K/O.

Their problem is their consistency on the SBS jumps and their throws, plain and simple. Almost always at least one of them messes up a SBS jump, and they only have one triple throw. With this being the case, I don't have a problem with K/OS beating them if they go clean, and think they deserve to if they go clean. If both teams were to go clean that might be a different question, but if K/O execute a clean SP today I don't see why they shouldn't lead over T/C who had a flawed one.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I really like Jessica's dress, but I'm not sure the wisdom of putting the bright Hawaiian flowers on the panties, too. Same feelings with Marissa's gorgeous dress... and nude illusion mesh panties. :eek::