2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like this team. She looks and carries herself much older than 18. Now they just need to stick together and not break up after Nationals.

Last edited:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Pfund/Santillan~ He's in all black with sparkles on the top- looks nice. She's in black with colorful floral detail. Lovely SBS salchows, love the press lift from a lunge. Good flow and connection, speed decent though not as nice as Castelli/Tran. Good speed in the pairs spin and death spiral. Loads of potential!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well, I thought Jessica and Joshua deserved a bit higher scores perhaps for their sp; closer to 56 or 57 at least.

Still IN streaming problems...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Brianna and Maxim just don't seem as polished as Jessica and Joshua. Not just the elements, but the skating in general. It was kind of 'meh'

Art&Sport

Medalist
Nice jumps for P&S. Do they not have a triple twist yet?

It usually takes time for a new team to develop timing and rhythm, comfort with each other, etc., for managing a triple twist (even if they previously performed that element with former partners).

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
de la Mora/Kurdukov~ Okay skate, nice positions in the star lift. Overall it looked to me like their skating is just a bit heavy. Needs more oomph. Competent skate, though.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just want to say how much I appreciate you guys using the skaters full names. :points:

Ekm

On the Ice
It usually takes time for a new team to develop timing and rhythm, comfort with each other, etc., for managing a triple twist (even if they previously performed that element with former partners).

Understanable, I just wasn't sure if they had attempted one in competition together or not. Hope they can upgrade to it for next season.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alyssa's from B-Ham! Represent! :rock:

Oops on the SBS. She turned out of both jumps in looked like.

Love the music choice :love:

Down on the throw.

They looked tired and demoralized at the end of that. Aw, it's okay my hometown bb. You still made me smile. I hope that injury get's better

badknees

Medalist
Someone may have already addressed this but I love the tech score box, except I would like to still see the leaders tech score in the box too.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Alyssa's from B-Ham! Represent! :rock:

Oops on the SBS. She turned out of both jumps in looked like.

Love the music choice :love:

Down on the throw.

They looked tired and demoralized at the end of that. Aw, it's okay my hometown bb. You still made me smile. I hope that injury get's better

Was their music a Lumineers song?!

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
McDougal/Schatz~ Burgundy dress with sweetheart cut and sparkles, his top matches. Nice looking pair. The elements look like they can use some time as they're still a bit awkward and unsure about timing, but there's potential. I did not love the music- for me it just dragged along. They had a nice position in the pair spin where she looked back over her shoulder towards him while holding a catch foot/one-hand Biellmann position. Ice cuts give a lot more time to type!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Someone may have already addressed this but I love the tech score box, except I would like to still see the leaders tech score in the box too.

They do include the leader's tech score. Also go to the NBC link for live, detailed scoring with updates. It was linked earlier in this thread.

Ekm

On the Ice
Looking forward to this group, a some of favorites in it! Hoping for strong performances for Max and Maddie, and Caitlin and Ernie.

I'm also hoping I'll be able to see Alexa and Chris before I have to leave!