2016 Canadian Worlds/Jr Worlds/4CC teams? | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Worlds/Jr Worlds/4CC teams?

Layback11

Record Breaker
We have these for 3 of the "big 4" nationals now, so why not have a Canadian one? :dance3:

For JWC, spot allotment is 1 man, 1 lady, 3 pairs, and 3 dance teams. For worlds, it's two ladies, two men, three pairs and three dance teams. For 4CC, three in all disciplines.

JW
Ladies: Selena Zhao
Men: Roman Sadovsky
Pairs: Hoffman/Chudak, Orr/Simpson um...
Dance: Edwards/Pang (are they still injured?), Meng/Meng, um...

4CC

Ladies: Alaine Chartrand, Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
Men: Patrick Chan, Nam Nguyen, Kevin Reynolds??
Dance: Weaver/Poje, Gilles/Poirier, Paul/Islam
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Seguin/Bilodeau, Moore-Towers/Marinaro

Worlds:
Ladies: Alaine Chartrand, Gabrielle Daleman
Men: Patrick Chan, Nam Nguyen

nadster

Final Flight
My picks for junior Worlds

Women: choose 1

Selena Zhao if healthy. She clearly had injury issues restricting her to lutz and salchow at challenge. She did not even attempt the other jumps ( not even pops ). Skated very well in Salt Lake and if healthy the clear first choice.

Otherwise Kim Deguise Leveillée. She skated well at the challenge considering her season has been injury plagued.

No one competing in junior ladies at nationals has distinguished themselves.

Men choose 1

Nadeau. Has consistent triple axel and other than his FS in his first JGP this year has been more steady than Sadovsky this year.

Dance choose 3

Madeline EDWARDS ( of Edwards/Pang ) would have been too old to go to JW this year anyway ( turned 19 before July 1st 2015 )

Anyway my first 2 easy picks are Melinda Meng / Andrew Meng and Mackenzie Bent / Dmitre Razgulajevs

My third pick ( not so easy ) is Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha

Pairs choose 3

Bryn Hoffman / Bryce Chudak
Justine Brasseur / Mathieu Ostiguy
Hope MacLean / Trennt Michaud

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Love your skaters and like your choices. Only I would put Dylan Moskovitch and new partner (sorry tough name to remember!)...but I do like their skating. I'm not sure Kristen and Michael have the goods yet and he makes me really nervous with his lifts!
We have these for 3 of the "big 4" nationals now, so why not have a Canadian one? :dance3:

For JWC, spot allotment is 1 man, 1 lady, 3 pairs, and 3 dance teams. For worlds, it's two ladies, two men, three pairs and three dance teams. For 4CC, three in all disciplines.

JW
Ladies: Selena Zhao
Men: Roman Sadovsky
Pairs: Hoffman/Chudak, Orr/Simpson um...
Dance: Edwards/Pang (are they still injured?), Meng/Meng, um...

4CC

Men: Patrick Chan, Nam Nguyen, Kevin Reynolds??

Worlds:
Ladies: Alaine Chartrand, Gabrielle Daleman

kresslia

Medalist
Tweaking your list:

4CC:
Men: Patrick Chan, Nam Nguyen, Elladj Balde
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Seguin/Bilodeau, I/M

Worlds:
Ladies: Kaetlyn Osmond, Gabrielle Daleman
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Seguin/Bilodeau, I/M

Sackie

Medalist
In Dance and Pairs since we have 3 teams for worlds I would rather see them choose the 4th place team to go to 4CC for the international experience and to maybe up their season's best score for next years GP assignments.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
In pairs, maybe. But dance is a different discipline all together because every competition is a chance to secure your ranking. Paul & Islam are not my kind of team; but if I was the Canadian Federation, I would send them to 4CC's. They haven't competed since Skate Canada, where they lost to Monko & Khaliavin and Guignard & Fabbri (yet defeated P&O quite soundly). And P&I headed down in the rankings last season. Assuming they finish third at Canadian nationals, I'd highly recommend giving them a shot at gaining some traction at 4CC's--at the very least some competition time and updated international scores for their programs this season. It seems unlikely P&I will be able to finish above sixth; but that is exactly why they should go. They need it to not seem highly unlikely. A lot of international teams would like their slot at Worlds. Tobias & Tkachenko and Coomes & Buckland to name two. International experience is great; but when it comes to dance, I'd say earn it at Nationals or get it in the senior B's or on the Grand Prix. 4CC's and Europeans are serious business. Last year, the U.S. didn't send Hubbell & Donahue, and look where it landed them at Worlds. Four spots behind a team they very likely could have defeated at 4CC's, as Gilles & Poirier made errors in the competition and H&D had defeated them in the SD earlier in the season.