2016 US Nationals General Info | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals General Info

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will take place Jan. 15-24 in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Icenetwork will provide live coverage of the event to Season Pass Subscribers

What time is it now in St. Paul, Minnesota?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/st-paul

Compare to a time zone near you?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...136&p5=179&p6=224&p7=248&p8=33&p9=240&p10=236

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
The schedule (another thanks - MFarone) has only one column for Tuesday. It looks like something is missing.

Anyone with any word on practice groups?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since it's now the same month as nationals has it hit any of you like a train that nationals is so soon?

humbaba

Final Flight
Ice-dance.com has put up its page for the 2016 US National Championships. Lots of interesting stuff there. I especially like the "competitors" page. All the qualifying teams from Senior down to Juvenile are listed, with photos, bios, program information, etc. It's a treasure trove of information.

http://www.eventcoverage.ice-dance.com/ms/usnationals16/

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Now live on the USFS fanzone site:

2016 Prudential #USChamps16 Competition Central (one-stop-"shopping" page with links and information galore)
http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2016-prudential-uschamps16-competition-central/

Among many other things, it includes the schedule for autograph sessions on the event concourse:

Friday, January 22
6:45-7:15 p.m. – Championship pairs and ice dance (top four after the short program/dance)

Saturday, January 23

2:45-3:15 p.m. – Miss Minnesota 2015 Rachel Latuff & Miss Minnesota 2015 Outstanding Team Rachel Weyandt

5:15-6:15 p.m. – Championship men (top four after the short program)

Sunday, January 24
12:30-1:15 p.m. – Championships ladies medalists

BTW, as an unrelated thing, a meet-and-greet with Mirai is being sponsored by John Wilson Blades:
Tuesday, January 19
6:00 - 7:30 pm CST
Pierce Skate & Ski
208 W 98th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420
https://www.facebook.com/events/825471224245609/

Last edited:

cali1079

Rinkside
any idea what's going on with Torgashev? I know he injured his ankle in June but I figured he'd be here

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I added bio links to the OPs when I could. Icenetwork by preference, tracings.net, second, otherwise a variety of soutces including skaters'official websites.

I am still missing quite a few music listings.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
any idea what's going on with Torgashev? I know he injured his ankle in June but I figured he'd be here

Per Torgashev's brief letter in Nov when he withdrew from sectionals, his ankle was not healed 100%.

More recently, a bit of good news is that he was invited to perform in the Katia Gordeeva show and was able to do so.

I added bio links to the OPs when I could. Icenetwork by preference, tracings.net, second, otherwise a variety of soutces including skaters'official websites. ...

Thanks, Doris :).

doze

On the Ice
I have tickets to the ladies free but I dont want to go for the whole 3 hours if not more. Do you guys think it's possible to go for only the last half?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think the Ladies FS will be almost 4 hours :jaw:. I can't think of any reason you can't just attend the second half of the competition. Keep in mind that other fans may be occupying your seats or have sprawled out to use your seats for coats, bags, purses, etc. It would be polite to wait until the skater is leaving the ice to move down the aisle to your seat. If it looks like your seats are occupied you might was to alert an usher.

I have tickets to the ladies free but I dont want to go for the whole 3 hours if not more. Do you guys think it's possible to go for only the last half?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

in addition to MFarone's reply, if i remember right skating order isnt related to any ranking for SP so any top lady could be at 1st or 2nd group

ice coverage

Record Breaker
U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Making the music happen

Q+A and article re veteran volunteers Mike Wittmann and Chip Rauth.
Wittmann, 57, of Maplewood, is the audio chair for nationals; Rauth, 62, of Bloomington, is the audio technical chair.

Interesting window into what their roles entail (and have entailed over many years of changing technology).

Couldn't think of a better thread in which to post the article.