Russian Champs: Predictions Game Round 4 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Russian Champs: Predictions Game Round 4

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza, please don't apologize. I was trying to explain why I was such a "slacker" with my late predictions. I hope that didn't seem like a slant toward you. I'm so appreciative of you doing the predictions thread and I really enjoy reading your posts in general. I especially love your enthusiasm for skaters and federations that aren't as well known. The depth of your knowledge! :hap10: (Also not your fault I've been so busy with work, etc.! :) )

By the way, I didn't realize until after I posted (and then also posted my Japanese predictions) that the competition was that far along. But I just enjoy playing so it is OK!

I have few weird picks in the Japanese comps so it will be fun to see if my hunches pay off.

Don't worry, I didn't think it was a slant towards me. It's just that I feel really guilty for not putting the thread up sooner. Because, I'm sure you are not the only one that missed out.

Hey, I nearly missed out on Russia as well, because I had put the wrong date down in the Original Post. I thought it started tomorrow, so I spent all of Tuesday working on a Fan Fest, and only started looking at making predictions. Starting with Japan!

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, I am pretty enthusiastic about less known skaters and Feds. I suppose it is a symptom of being from a small country that nobody takes seriously in most sports.

Oh, you've got me intrigued with your comment about the Japanese predictions! I'm going to look at them now!

Just back. Nah, they are not that weird. Those predictions are entirely possible. And that is the beauty of the Japanese Championships. The field is so deep that so many people are capable of being in the Top 6.

Hope you are enjoying the Game

CaroLiza_fan

desertskates

Medalist
I'm staying out of this!

I'll leave it up to the Men's Scorer to decide what to do.

I made a similar mistake last week with Italian Championships. I realised after the Short Dance had started that I had put the Top 2 in the Men's the wrong way around to what I intended. So, I swapped them around and then realised the same as you.

I left it up to the Men's scorer to decide whether to accept the change. And they did accept it. And I was happy, because that was the way I had intended my predictions to be.

But, the irony is, if they had not accepted it, I would have scored better! :rolleye:

This week, it is a different Men's scorer. So, text_skate will have the final say.

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for the response, Caroliza_fan. It's no problem either way. I had just woken up and hadn't engaged the time zone calculating part of my brain yet :laugh:

This is my first time to try my hand at Nationals predictions outside of my own country of the US, and it's so much fun to to pay closer attention to the true depths of talent in countries like Russia and Japan.

Anxious now to see what the ladies put out there for the short :hap10:

Latvian

On the Ice
Ladies Ranking by 1st Place Predictions

1. Medvedeva 35
2. Radionova 6
3. Tuktamysheva 2
4. Lipnitskaya 1

Last edited:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Winners - Men

GOLD: matmuh with 50 points! :cheer:
SILVER: silverlake22 and rosacotton with 45 points! :clapper:
BRONZE: Marin with 40 points! :2thumbs:

Congratulations to all the winners! :hap10:

Median: 20 points,
Average: 23,5 points

I didn't score those who edited their post after competition had started. I didn't know where to draw the line, so a drew it right at 9 AM. GMT when the competition started.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Winners - Men

GOLD: matmuh with 50 points! :cheer:
SILVER: silverlake22 and rosacotton with 45 points! :clapper:
BRONZE: Marin with 40 points! :2thumbs:

Congratulations to all the winners!
Gold medal is mine and mine alone?:yes2: Thank you! :thank:

eta

Medalist
Trying to see how I did using google translate is a very weird experience. :laugh2:

Same scoring system as the grand prix series? I got a 20 for men. :rofl:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
did I missed the cut off ??
I screwed the Kolyada and Sinitsina / Katsalapov as winners :slink:

No, it's actually more complicated than that.

You and desertskates edited your predictions after the first competition started. Although you can see the edit history of your posts, other people can't. So, the scorers have no way of knowing exactly what it is you edited. And so they don't know for definite that you weren't changing your predictions based on what was happening.

When I made the same mistake last week, I actually quoted my predictions post so that there was a record of what it was like before I edited my Men's predictions.

In light of this happening this week, I am going to make a slight change to the rules. What I am thinking of is that if the first competition has started and you want to change your predictions for a competition that has not yet started, you should do it in a new post. But, I've still to work out the best way of wording it, so as not to cause confusion.

Sorry that this has happened. This is the problem with not having a strict deadline like in the GP Game.

CaroLiza_fan

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Tomorrow I will put everybody's score into the spreadsheet. First I have to work out, how to add new participants to the game into the spreadsheet in alphabetical order.

@ sneakers and desertskate: you edited your predictions way into the competition. So there is no way of knowing, what you edited. Sorry.

@ CaroLiza_fan: If you think, it is better to count them, I will do. It's your game. You took all the organising upon you. Thanks :thank:

BTW I got 10 points - I bombed this one completely :drama:

Last edited:

desertskates

Medalist
Tomorrow I will put everybody's score into the spreadsheet. First I have to work out, how to add new participants to the game into the spreadsheet in alphabetical order.

@ sneakers and desertskate: you edited your predictions way into the competition. So there is no way of knowing, what you edited. Sorry.

@ CaroLiza_fan: If you think, it is better to count them, I will do. It's your game. You took all the organising upon you. Thanks :thank:

BTW I got 10 points - I bombed this one completely :drama:

Thanks, text_skate. I actually prefer to be kept out because my edit did come after the start, fair is fair. I was just not sure who could and could not see edit history. I'll just award myself the chocolate medal for my attempt :laugh:

Congrats to the medalists for the men!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Trying to see how I did using google translate is a very weird experience. :laugh2:

Same scoring system as the grand prix series? I got a 20 for men. :rofl:

The Google translate thing?!!! :rofl: I checked the Japanese result page with it and lost it! :rofl2: The names did not even make any sense!

I've given up on men! I suck so baaaaadddd!:hopelessness:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
pairs results are in!!!

Gold :
matmuh, invisiblespiral, tulosai, silverlake22, voolfee, Hyena, baymax24, Layback11 with perfect 75 points!! :yahoo::rock:

Silver : FSGMT Jombi, angy555, Sugarpova, daphenaxa, Lydia1703, IlVoloFan, CaroLiza_fan, lighthouse with 70 points! :hap85:

Bronze : paulusfr, whatif, text_skate, RaCr9, randomfan, casualfan, cathlen, sabinfire, sneakers with 65 points!! :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!
if you find any mistakes please feel free to correct :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
pairs results are in!!!

Gold :
matmuh, invisiblespiral, tulosai, silverlake22, voolfee, Hyena, baymax24, Layback11 with perfect 75 points!! :yahoo::rock:

Silver : FSGMT Jombi, angy555, Sugarpova, daphenaxa, Lydia1703, IlVoloFan, CaroLiza_fan, lighthouse with 70 points! :

Bronze : paulusfr, whatif, text_skate, RaCr9, randomfan, casualfan, cathlen, sabinfire, sneakers with 65 points!! :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!
if you find any mistakes please feel free to correct :)

I won?!? With a perfect score?!? At RUSSIAN NATIONALS?!?!?

:cheer: :yahoo:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I got Bronze in men :cheer:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When will the ladies results be posted? I think I may have actually done well for once (in the craziest category!).

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Gold in pairs? :yahoo: After a dismal sophomore GP predictions season, Nationals are getting me back on track, just like Yulia!