2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I nominate Yulia to move to Switzerland. Crazy spins and all :yes:

Anna Ovcharova already tried that, and ended up having to leave Switzerland because of racist attitudes toward Russians.

So, maybe somewhere else would be a better choice.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know about that. Any proofs? And where is Human Rights Watch?:scratch2:

She said it herself when somebody asked her why she had decided to retire.

Her family had left Switzerland and returned to Russia because of the attitudes of the people towards Russians (it was at the time that Russia was being put under financial sanctions over the Crimea, and Switzerland was getting fed up with being used as a back door to Europe for Russian trade). And she followed them back home a month or 2 later once she had all her loose ends tied up.

See this post for the full answer she gave

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
wow :eeking: thanks for the post CL_f
I thought she was still there

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
wow :eeking: thanks for the post CL_f
I thought she was still there

Nope, she's been back in Moscow for most of this year.

She still takes trips back to do shows (she was doing one a couple of weeks ago), but she is based at home full time now.

She has started coaching as well, and says she really loves it.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
thats awesome! Im so happy for her. She seems like such a sunshine girl!:agree:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_fan, thanks. But sorry, i don't believe her.

Well, that's up to you.

But, my uncle's wife worked in Zurich for a few years, and he was saying that he found the same any time he was over there. That there was an underlying bad feeling towards foreigners.

Like me, he's from Northern Ireland. And as far as I know, relations are pretty good between Swtzerland and the UK or Ireland. So, imagine what it would have been like for somebody from a country with which relations are not good. In fact, where relations are hostile.

And anyway, why would a family uproot themselves again unless there was a very good reason? Like, it was for her brother's education that they moved to Switzerland in the first place. He was settled into his school. Anna was settled into University. She was enjoying living in Geneva. As she is 18 now, she could have stayed in her course and with her friends. But, she didn't. She went home.

As I said, why would you leave what seemed to be a good life if you didn't have to? Also, it is not easy to transfer to a different university.

So, I'm inclined to take her word for it.

But, I'm biased.

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
But, my uncle's wife worked in Zurich for a few years, and he was saying that he found the same any time he was over there. That there was an underlying bad feeling towards foreigners.
wow so its not the usual russophobia but a wider problem?:disapp:
So sad to read that b/c to me I associate Switzerland with Lambiel & I considered ppl there as sweet as him:biggrin:

anyway on topic
Cant wait for Liza's perf! I hope everything will go together 3A, other jumps & her fierceness!:bow:
Idk if she could beat Zhenia tho even with the 3A.

Last edited:

Forpost

Rinkside
CaroLiza_fan, ok, i understand you. But i'm terribly sorry, i think she justifies herself, its unnecessary excuses... every athlete has such problems, so it is wrong position to blame country because of racist attacks. And Switzerland may be the most tolerant country in the world.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
And Switzerland may be the most tolerant country in the world.

You really think so? Did you ever Lived there?

I Lived there for six months and I am German, so there were no Language Problems, as i Lived in the German speaking Part.
And i Can Tell you, That foreign People are not really welcomed to live there. Tourists of Course Are welcomed.
You will always have the feeling als "foreign" ... And also People who Lived there for Many years, told me the Same.
Don't want to know how it is when you are not able to speak there Language!

Forpost

Rinkside
Meli_Huber, no, i'm not lived there. Ok, you surprised me, thank you. Now i know a lot about these euro-barbarians:biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhenia and Masha are periscoping side by side right now. You can wish them luck if you like.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
CaroLiza_fan, ok, i understand you. But i'm terribly sorry, i think she justifies herself, its unnecessary excuses... every athlete has such problems, so it is wrong position to blame country because of racist attacks. And Switzerland may be the most tolerant country in the world.

She just wants to live in a country where she is not bashed for who she is.
See people said bad things about a country in a forum, and you are already kinda hurt. Imagine having to deal with it in real life, daily.
And people may not even see whats wrong. For example, i am russian and i live in a rather friendly country. BUT. Russian reversal jokes. And people think they are funny (not when every human you meet insist to tell you one). And no, people don't see whats wrong, and it is really hard to explain them why do i get so annoyed about it, because come on, its just a joke.

And then there is always that one person that says something like "you have no right to give your oppinion about local situation, go back to russia if you don't like it here" even if you are a citizen of the said country and have lived there for over 20 years. You dont need everybody to be racist, everybody else can be amazing people, but this person will surely ruin your day.

Nobody is blaming countries here, people just say its not always comfortable to live in a foreign country among people with a whole different culture and background.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't really want this Russians and Switzerland conversation to take over a thread that is supposed to be about the Russian Championship.

But, I just wanted to say that the comments from Meli_Huber and moriel were very insightful.

And I am sorry to hear that you experienced those sorts of attitudes.

I hope you are both having a happier time now.

CaroLiza_fan

sc8

On the Ice
That's really impressive. There used to be at least one Finnish lady, or Carolina, to challenge a full podium sweep. I'm worried about figure skating in all honesty. Dominance by four/five countries (Canada, Japan, Russia, USA, and China (pairs)) doesn't bode well for its future as an Olympic sport, where global appeal of sport is critical to the continued inclusion of the sport in the Olympic Games. There is no Italian (unless Carolina enters Europeans - and she is eligible, but likely rusty), no French, no German, no Swiss skater, etc. for every European nation, that appears capable of a podium challenge. Tukt, Pogo, Radio, Medvedeva, Lipnitskaya, sostkova, Leonova, Sotnikova, Artemieva and Serafima S. are at least 10 that could be part of a Russian sweep -- and there are more... I don't recall US ever being this deep. It is impressive.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow....this is going to be a bloodbath. It's going to feel like a world championship rather than a national championship with this deep of a field of talent.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
That's really impressive. There used to be at least one Finnish lady, or Carolina, to challenge a full podium sweep. I'm worried about figure skating in all honesty. Dominance by four/five countries (Canada, Japan, Russia, USA, and China (pairs)) doesn't bode well for its future as an Olympic sport, where global appeal of sport is critical to the continued inclusion of the sport in the Olympic Games. There is no Italian (unless Carolina enters Europeans - and she is eligible, but likely rusty), no French, no German, no Swiss skater, etc. for every European nation, that appears capable of a podium challenge. Tukt, Pogo, Radio, Medvedeva, Lipnitskaya, sostkova, Leonova, Sotnikova, Artemieva and Serafima S. are at least 10 that could be part of a Russian sweep -- and there are more... I don't recall US ever being this deep. It is impressive.
What's there to worry about? Hockey is about several contries, gymnastics are about several countries, biathlon is about several leading countries. That's the way it's always been. Not just FS:confused2: