2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP

Giselle

Medalist
I wonder if they'll get a bye to Worlds?

AFAIK Top 2 pairs from Nats are on the Euro/World world team. 3rd pair is decided by the federation.
I imagine that if they're healthy they'll get the 3rd spot instead of T/M or A/R.
Now if K/S or V/T place 3rd at Nats it's another story.

sneakers

Match Penalty
AFAIK Top 2 pairs from Nats are on the Euro/World world team. 3rd pair is decided by the federation.
I imagine that if they're healthy they'll get the 3rd spot instead of T/M or A/R.
Now if K/S or V/T place 3rd at Nats it's another story.

Russia has 3 sports for Pairs
its Ice Dance who has 2

oleada

Record Breaker
The Russian Nationals isn't the defining competition for Worlds like it is in the US. It defines the team for Europeans. After Euros, the World team is decided.

LeReveur

On the Ice
On the whole, I liked Tatiana and Maxim's program, but while she is an incredible mover and skater, there is something about him that feels way below her level. It's like he has a stiffness to his body and/or tension that doesn't elevate his performance level to hers. It was very striking and did nothing to win me over. I had never really taken to any of the pair's programs, and though this vehicle seems solid, I wonder if he is always like that or if I just noticed it. What did you think?

chloevclem

Rinkside
On the whole, I liked Tatiana and Maxim's program, but while she is an incredible mover and skater, there is something about him that feels way below her level. It's like he has a stiffness to his body and/or tension that doesn't elevate his performance level to hers. It was very striking and did nothing to win me over. I had never really taken to any of the pair's programs, and though this vehicle seems solid, I wonder if he is always like that or if I just noticed it. What did you think?

Tatiana does seem to have better control of the Bollywood movement and a part of me thinks that they put Max in white to make Tatiana stand out more. But I love them and this program regardless! They both have so much personality