Boston as a Tourist | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Boston as a Tourist

Seruleane

Final Flight
This may have already been posted, but any restaurants or eateries, including coffee/sandwich places etc. that should not be missed? I'm definitely going to Faneuil Hall, but I'm looking for other delicious places to eat on my own time. Most formal restaurants are easier for groups, but I know some have nice window seats, etc. so eating by oneself (or with a good book) doesn't feel awkward. Please share if you know, and thanks in advance!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who are doing touristy things, or are looking for deals on restaurants and so on, check out the Boston Groupon page. The Duck Tours and the Children's Museum are some of the things that are current deals, and there's a bunch of Italian restaurants in the area too.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
This may have already been posted, but any restaurants or eateries, including coffee/sandwich places etc. that should not be missed? I'm definitely going to Faneuil Hall, but I'm looking for other delicious places to eat on my own time. Most formal restaurants are easier for groups, but I know some have nice window seats, etc. so eating by oneself (or with a good book) doesn't feel awkward. Please share if you know, and thanks in advance!

charmblade's post here is helpful. :)

I also recommend Bostonia Public House (15-20 min walk on a sunny day or about a 5-min train ride from North Station to State Station) though it can get super crowded and noisy in the evenings. Afternoons shouldn't be so bad though.

Downtown has a lot of eateries too where you can enjoy a quick meal and people watch, or just enjoy a good book. But instead of getting off at Downtown Crossing station though, just get off at State. Most of the better eateries are in that area.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Faneuil Hall is great - lots of variety. I loved the bacon-wrapped scallops, a friend of mine loved the clam chowder, and one place had made-to-order mac and cheese of all different types. Lots of delicious bakery stuff too (cannoli - yum). Legal Seafood is a little pricier but delicious. They have several locations. These are places we tried when we were there for the 2014 Nationals. Saw some cool Irish pubs too, although we didn't have time to try them. Maybe this time while at Worlds. Enjoy!