2015-16 Chinese Figure Skating Championship | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Chinese Figure Skating Championship

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The fact that top skaters have the privilege to withdraw without specific reasons makes Chinese National less attractive to me. Not sure if they should call it "national." It does not look like it counts anything at all. What's there to lose for them to compete domestically and gain more experience?

He withdrew, along with other top Chinese skaters

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Top chinese skaters usually don't compete at this competition... Not sure why exactly, but last year there were lots of withdrawls as well.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
No. This competition has nothing to do with junior or senior world.
The Chinese Skating Association has no rules in writing about how to select skaters to international competitions.
China has 2 Men/2 Ladies/3 Pairs/1 Ice Dancer quota for senior world and 2 Men/1 Ladies/3 Pairs/1 Ice Dancer for junior world.

That`s really odd to me, but thanks!!

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing the results, xiangfuzi :)

Who is this "not ranked" girl? My translator says "Zhang Meichi"?
Yes, you're right.
She skates as both ladies and pairs. For unknown reason, she and her partner JIA Fengbo haven't entered their name to this competition in time. The organizers allowed them to skate as test witch means they wouldn't be ranked with others and the official results wouldn't show their score.
Therefore, we can only know their score from the live audience and unfortunately we haven't get their score of Pairs Free Skating.

Last edited:

jinduocai

Spectator
Top chinese skaters usually don't compete at this competition... Not sure why exactly, but last year there were lots of withdrawls as well.

That's why there were few spectators. When you watch US, Japanese or Russian Nationals, you can always see a great amount of fans.
But I was really shocked when saw so many empty seats in Chinese Nationals. It's such a big country with a big amount of good skaters.
I can't believe there are so few figure skating fans. The only reason why people didn't come is that they couldn't see the best skaters...

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
What are the chances that videos will show up for the Chinese winter games? I don't remember how it worked last time