2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

andyjo24

Medalist
Rome? Trying to work out who that could be. Because Carolina's from the South Tyrol (and now lives in Germany). Roberta Rodeghiero and Stefania Berton are from near Venice. Giada Russo is from Turin (and doesn't have any international weight). Valentina Marchei, Anna Cappellini and Federica Testa are from Milan.

Seriously, I don't know where any of the Italian skaters are at the moment. So, one of them could very well be in Rome.

But that was an interesting exercise. Because it made me realise that I can't think of any female skaters from Rome. It just goes to show that the people I was talking to in the Italian Championships thread the other week were right. All the Italian skaters are from up North!

Don't worry, I know you meant Carolina. But, although she was the one that got me into skating, I wouldn't say she could be a queen. Too inconsistent. When she was good, she was very good. But when she wasn't in form... :drama:

And as for Kim Yun-A, well I was never really a fan of her's.

No, I believe in one Queen. And that is Mao Asada.

But, there can be lots of pretenders to the throne...!!! :biggrin:

...and most of them are Russian!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Sorry for going off-topic, but for me, Yuna Kim is the Queen. I only believe in her. Never finishing off the podium her whole career.

Both Caro and Mao are too inconsistent. When they were good, they were good. But when they weren't in form... :biggrin:

As for Evgenia, we'll see if she can become Queen after a couple of seasons.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yes, skyfly_20 did have some really extreme views towards the end of her time on here (especially when it came to my Liza), but you have to give her credit. She was great for championing the Russian skaters, and giving us news of what was going on in Russia.

Anyway, I suspect skyfly has recently rejoined the forum under a different name. There is a new member that reminds me so much of skyfly. So, anybody who is relatively new will soon get to know what we are talking about.

CaroLiza_fan

Intrigue maker:biggrin: Now I try to see something that could be sky_fly 2

da96103

Record Breaker
Russians used the term Tsarina (instead of Queen), although they killed off the Tsar family early last century.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Liza was fat. She needed to lose a serious amount of weight.

Calling everybody headcases.

If a skater had a couple of bad skates, their career was over.

Pairs partnerships could never work unless there was a massive height difference.

Not accepting that Monko was not taller than Khaliavin.

That sort of thing.

CaroLiza_fan

You forgot to mention that she was the BIGGEST Gracie Gold uber ever. Watching her champion Gracie and twist logic was an entertainment in of itself.

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
No matter what, i still would send Yulia to Euros. She is way more consistent than Pogorilaya (Yulia is at least on the same level all the time) and has a reputation bonus. Pogo is today top and tomorrow flop and that´s all she has. :shrug:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Russians used the term Tsarina (instead of Queen), although they killed off the Tsar family early last century.

Russians used the term Tsaritsa, if I have my facts straight. Tsarina is a westernized version of that term. And that only until the late 18th century, when they officially switched to Emperor/Empress.

That said, are we really going to continue with all that queen butthurt?

A: Omg skater X was so good, she's a queen!
B: Excuse me, skater Y is the queen!
C: No way, skater Z was the one and only rightful queen and no one else can compare!
D: Queens are serious bzns, like Marie Antoinette.

Rinse repeat ad nausam.

Last edited:

jkun

Final Flight
The russians really know how to inflate the scores! Although not as bad the inflation at US nationals will probably be...

sneakers

Match Penalty
The russians really know how to inflate the scores! Although not as bad the inflation at US nationals will probably be...

every national does, but I doubt Gracie or Ashley can pull up those huge of a marks even by inflated standards

sneakers

Match Penalty
late call but Sotskova finishing in 5th place
means she will finally get the Feds attention ? at least so

and funding for placing above Top 6

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
late call but Sotskova finishing in 5th place
means she will finally get the Feds attention ? at least so

and funding for placing above Top 6

How does that work for Julia? She got 7th but Polina is a junior even next year.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No matter what, i still would send Yulia to Euros. She is way more consistent than Pogorilaya (Yulia is at least on the same level all the time) and has a reputation bonus. Pogo is today top and tomorrow flop and that´s all she has. :shrug:

You might have a case if she came in 4th, but she was 7th here. 7th.

voolfee

On the Ice
Are you serious? :scratch2: Yulia had only one combo today 2a+2t. :slink:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Irrelevant.

It's pretty relevant as it was the best total score she's had in 2 seasons.

Yulia wouldn't even be the next in line after Anna. And Anna has now at least had 2 clean performances so she actually does have the potential this season.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Irrelevant.

So Anna & Maria should just be passed over even though they skated amazingly? Yulia needs time with her new coach to get back on track. Going to Euros would do her no favors right now & it would be totally unfair to the other girls who work just as hard.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am a bit sad for Julia. I still hope she will come back. I am confident that Urmanov can do what Eteri couldn't...rebuilt her trust. She also need to adjust her new gorgeous body to the dynamics of jumps. I already noticed a better Lutz and Axel, though her edge is still not fully outside for the Lutz.
I can't believe she ended so low in the LP. I hoped she could remain in the first 5...
I am happy Anna kept her momentum and ended on the podium. This Russian nationals in ladies are close or better than some world championships.