2015-16 Singles and Pairs Spin Rules | Golden Skate

2015-16 Singles and Pairs Spin Rules

Jombi

On the Ice
Hello! I'm tring to learn how to assign spin levels and I think I need some help.
First of all, does anyone happen to have an up-to-date document with the rules? I'm using this one but it's from a couple of season ago.
Then I'd like to ask if anyone is available to tell me what kind of feature I'm missing from the following spins.

Hopefully someone will have the time to indulge me ;) thank you in advance!

Case study n.1
Casella LSp4

What I see (level 3):
-8 revs
-difficult variation (haircutter)
-biellmann

Casella FSSp3 & CCoSp3p3

What I see (level 2):
-difficult variation (broken leg)
-difficult variation

What I see (level 4):
-backward entrance
-difficult variation (in the camel)
-difficult variation (donut)
-difficult variation (A spin)
-difficult variation (I spin)

Which are the features I'm not noticing?

Case study n.2
Shiraiwa LSp3 and LSp4

Where is she losing a level? number of rotations?

to be continued...

coucou84

On the Ice
Casella's layback: I believe the judges gave her the "one clear change of position from backwards-sideways or reverse".
Casella's flying sit: She got 3 difficult variations for 3 levels: shoot the duck, broken leg and cannonball.
Casella' combo spin: a backward entrance is not a level. The bent leg in the camel and donut are 2 levels. She got a level for the A spin (which I wouldn't have given tbh.... it was 1/4 rotation short of the required 2 in every position). She only hit the actually I (although it was really not pretty) at like the last half rotation. Not enough rotation on it for sure.

Case 2: Wow that technical judge was being PICKY! I think she lost a level because she didn't hit the 2 rotations after the "one clear change of position from backwards-sideways or reverse". But that's being super picky.
Hello! I'm tring to learn how to assign spin levels and I think I need some help.
First of all, does anyone happen to have an up-to-date document with the rules? I'm using this one but it's from a couple of season ago.
Then I'd like to ask if anyone is available to tell me what kind of feature I'm missing from the following spins.

Hopefully someone will have the time to indulge me ;) thank you in advance!

Case study n.1
Casella LSp4

What I see (level 3):
-8 revs
-difficult variation (haircutter)
-biellmann

Casella FSSp3 & CCoSp3p3

What I see (level 2):
-difficult variation (broken leg)
-difficult variation

What I see (level 4):
-backward entrance
-difficult variation (in the camel)
-difficult variation (donut)
-difficult variation (A spin)
-difficult variation (I spin)

Which are the features I'm not noticing?

Case study n.2
Shiraiwa LSp3 and LSp4

Where is she losing a level? number of rotations?

to be continued...

Jombi

On the Ice
Thank you very much for your reply! If you're interested in this thread there're other spins being scrutinized. A couple of them are still a mistery so if you want to join us you're more than welcome ;)