SHEN&ZHAO working on their new sp and lp... | Golden Skate

SHEN&ZHAO working on their new sp and lp...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, now we're talking......I love the music of Kitaro and Debussy.......42

amazonprincess

Rinkside
That makes me sad I only got to see their Nutcracker lp for one season, I really liked it. But it is good that they'll have a season to perfect their new programs for the Olympics.

icewings

Rinkside
Thanks so much for the info! The Soong Sisters has a beautiful and interesting soundtrack IMO so I have high hopes for the program
Question though: do you mean that S/Z are planning on keeping their 2004-2005 programs for the Oly season, or that they are working on creating new Oly programs in addition, just so that they have time to become comfortable with them before 2006? Thanks for any clarification

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
Thank you very much jasperx for that info on S/Z! Although I have never heard of Kitaro or the movie, "The Soong Sisters," I'm sure it is beautiful music, as I know Clair de Lune is from Debussy! I cannot wait to see S/Z's new programs, I bet they are going to be some beauties!!!!!

ouridol

On the Ice
That is awesome news! Thank you so much. I am looking forward to their pieces very very much...if they are going to be skating to echoing wall..then that is a GORGEOUs piece of music.. I have very high hopes indeed!

jasperx

Rinkside
icewings said:
Thanks so much for the info! The Soong Sisters has a beautiful and interesting soundtrack IMO so I have high hopes for the program
Question though: do you mean that S/Z are planning on keeping their 2004-2005 programs for the Oly season, or that they are working on creating new Oly programs in addition, just so that they have time to become comfortable with them before 2006? Thanks for any clarification

This information is from my friend who is a member of a skateclub that share the same rink with chinese national team in beijing,and i'm sure that it's 100% credible.
The Nutcracker is gone,and we have to accept that no matter how much we love this program.too bad ,isn't it?
But to shen&zhao ,i do believe it's good for them,they have two seasons to work on their programs and make it perfect,we'll see...

p.s.IMM,the sp Clair De lune is really a big challenge ,shen&zhao haven't had much experience to express this kind of music,who knows...

icewings

Rinkside
jasperx said:
This information is from my friend who is a member of a skateclub that share the same rink with chinese national team in beijing,and i'm sure that it's 100% credible.
The Nutcracker is gone,and we have to accept that no matter how much we love this program.too bad ,isn't it?
But to shen&zhao ,i do believe it's good for them,they have two seasons to work on their programs and make it perfect,we'll see...

p.s.IMM,the sp Clair De lune is really a big challenge ,shen&zhao haven't had much experience to express this kind of music,who knows...
thanks again for the info! I love hearing any little tidbits about S/Z
Yes, Claire de lune should be interesting for them!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Thanks for the update. I am very much looking forward to seeing new programs and their progress. I am so proud of how they have done, and love to see her smile light up the ice when she knows that she has done well. I have very high hopes for the pair!

hongligl

Final Flight
icewings said:

I read from an article that they will see if the 04/05 program is well received. If yes, they will perfect it for 06 Olympic. If not, they will make a new one.

IMO, one year would be enough for them to perfect a program as they did with the Nutcracker. They had a very short period of time for practice last season because of SARS. If they keep the same program for 05 and 06, it might not be fresh enough to get people excited unless they add more details and make the program like a new one. OTOH, Turandot reached its peak in 03 World. So a tough decision to make. No matter what will be their decision I have confidence on them. Can't wait

hongligl

Final Flight
Pau-goodle76 said:
Thank you very much jasperx for that info on S/Z! Although I have never heard of Kitaro or the movie, "The Soong Sisters," I'm sure it is beautiful music, as I know Clair de Lune is from Debussy! I cannot wait to see S/Z's new programs, I bet they are going to be some beauties!!!!!

There is a soundtrack in the website www.china-ice.com. Very beautiful music.

hongligl

Final Flight
gezando said:
I tried, and can not find any sound track. It is a message board in Chinese?

Yes it is mainly in Chinese but I start posting there in English. You don't need to understand Chinese to find the music. After you enter the forum,go to the third Subject area( the third raw) the thread is posted by eric2000, 2004-6-25 9:13, you won't miss it. Good luck