2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships

andyjo24

Medalist
I have a feeling Da Bin Choi and Young You will be the top Korean ladies in the near future.

You should also watch Eun-soo Lim. She's extremely fast, and her jumps are very Yuna-esque.

You should also watch Ye-Lim Kim.

The age of the Korean babies is coming soon.

andyjo24

Medalist
Is it just me, but is it possible that So Youn might fail to make the podium, and even, TOP 5!?

The young girls are really, really talented and consistent.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Is it just me, but is it possible that So Youn might fail to make the podium, and even, TOP 5!?

I thought this was expected to happen already....:eek:hwell:
I am wondering as to how they will mark the PCS and GOEs though. So far, Soyoun and Haejin have better PCS abilities than everyone basically. I will say that they are likely to peg Soyoun up no matter what (see Skate Korea). Not sure for the gold but a secure chance on the podium.
She does seem more secure with R & J being her LP once again.

andyjo24

Medalist
I thought this was expected to happen already....:eek:hwell:
I am wondering as to how they will mark the PCS and GOEs though. So far, Soyoun and Haejin have better PCS abilities than everyone basically. I will say that they are likely to peg Soyoun up no matter what (see Skate Korea). Not sure for the gold but a secure chance on the podium.
She does seem more secure with R & J being her LP once again.

But the thing is Eun Soo Lim and Young Yoo, for example, have been getting pretty similar PCS to So Youn. They usually receive 48-51 in PCS for the FS, for example, so it's not that much of a gap to think of it.

This competition sure will be interesting...

Layback11

Record Breaker
You should also watch Eun-soo Lim. She's extremely fast, and her jumps are very Yuna-esque.

You should also watch Ye-Lim Kim.

The age of the Korean babies is coming soon.

So Hyun Ahn is my personal favorite so naturally I think you should watch her. :laugh: DaBin has the best international results, though.

clippers8200

On the Ice
So Hyun Ahn is my personal favorite so naturally I think you should watch her. :laugh: DaBin has the best international results, though.

I'm a fan of So Hyun too and hope she continues to develop. Dabin is great, but I wish she had more speed in her skating.

andyjo24

Medalist

I love Sohyun too!

But she seems to have edge and UR issues quite often, so I'm hesitant to name her as the great Korean skater.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I love Sohyun too!

But she seems to have edge and UR issues quite often, so I'm hesitant to name her as the great Korean skater.

Unfortunately true. However, I still like her the most...even if she doesn't "make it big". (Also, most of the other juniors need to hire her dressmaker :love:!)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
My (current) favorite female Korean skater is Se bin Park ;)
Even though she is not so famous than others.. she is lovely skater.
But my favorite program of Korean female skater`s of this season is definitely Ye lim Kim`s new short program, Donde voy. Yena Kwon`s fs Secret OST is also nice.

And I think it is too harsh to make freecuts as 24th at short program.
Anyone compete for senior nationals can have possibility to be fail to advance for free skating, anyone. :rolleye:

Now I`m head to the rink~ Maybe I`ll arrive there at middle of the second group of Senior ladies. So excited today!

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
My (current) favorite female Korean skater is Se bin Park ;)
Even though she is not so famous than others.. she is lovely skater.
But my favorite program of Korean female skater`s of this season is definitely Ye lim Kim`s new short program, Donde voy. Yena Kwon`s fs Secret OST is also nice.

And I think it is too harsh to make freecuts as 24th at short program.
Anyone compete for senior nationals can have possibility to be fail to advance for free skating, anyone. :rolleye:

Now I`m head to the rink~ Maybe I`ll arrive there at middle of the second group of Senior ladies. So excited today!

I really like Se Bin too! Her body lines are absolutely to die for. Her jumping technique is pretty solid too!

I guess she just needs to be more consistent and show a bit more power to reach that top tier in Korea. I think she's currently in the 2nd tier, but she definitely has the potential to move up!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I really like Se Bin too! Her body lines are absolutely to die for. Her jumping technique is pretty solid too!

I guess she just needs to be more consistent and show a bit more power to reach that top tier in Korea. I think she's currently in the 2nd tier, but she definitely has the potential to move up!

I couldn`t agree more :laugh:
Good to see Sebin-liker!!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Livescoring from Senior Ladies Group 2
6 Harim Youn 32.91
7 Hwi Choi 42.92 3T-2T 3S 2A(stepout) nice program from Hwi. :) Can she go to free skating?
8 Yu bin Cho 38.35 3Lz(e)-2T 3Lo(fall) 2A(managed)
9 Min seo Yoon 41.21 3Lz(fall) 3Lo-2T 2A
10 Chae young Park 44.03 3Lz(overturn) 3S-2T 2A Good stepseq. --- Current 1st Place

Ice resurfacing time.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Group 3
In the warm up time, there was a crash btw Yena Kwon and Sun min Yun. It was huge, and seems very dangerous. Yena seems fine after crash but Sun min seems to have pain in her neck and talk with her coach. But no one withdraw.
11 Song joo Chea WD Oh no... Is she injured?
12 Yena Kwon 48.95 3Lz-2T 3Lo 2A Clean. Nice performance! Looks like her concentration gets better after crash. --- Current 1st Place
13 Sun min Yun 46.21 3Lz-2T 3T 2A(overturn, maybe<) She fought. It was very impressive to me
14 Ji hoon Do 47.08 3Lz-3T(seems<) 2A(nice quality) 1F Shame on that singled flip!! Really good performer, and this time she`s also nice dancer. Hope her do better at free. --- Current 2nd Place
15 Su hyun Kim 43.11 3Lo-2T 3S 2A Her consistency of jumps gets better and better.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Hi Hailey,

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate all your comments and updates. Team Korea was one of the greatest highlights & revelations for me while watching the JGP this season. And while I am most attached to Lee & Kam's gorgeous dance programs, I was blown away by how many quality junior ladies there were. And enjoyed a couple of the junior men as well. Looking forward to watching them all develop throughout the future. Enjoy the competition!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Group 4
16 Ji yun Lee 39.67 3Lz(fall) 2A 2F(fall) Not good...
17 Yu jin Choi 46.12 3T-3T(maybe<) 3F(fall) 2A Lovely performance though.
18 Se hee Jeon 50.83 3T-3T 3F 2A Clean. Nice performance from Se hee. Love to see she skate. :thumbsup:
19 Hae jin Kim 53.39 3Lz-2T 3F(stepout) 2A(shaky) She cried after program. --- Current 1st Place
20 Ah hyun Lim 48.14 3Lz(2foot)-2T 3F 2A Great skating skills and good performance from Ah hyun. --- Current 4th Place

Ice resurfacing~

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Hi Hailey,

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate all your comments and updates. Team Korea was one of the greatest highlights & revelations for me while watching the JGP this season. And while I am most attached to Lee & Kam's gorgeous dance programs, I was blown away by how many quality junior ladies there were. And enjoyed a couple of the junior men as well. Looking forward to watching them all develop throughout the future. Enjoy the competition!

Thank you Ice Dance!!
I actually not good at enjoying ice dance(cuz I know few about the rules..), but I was also surprised when Lee/Kam appeared at junior world and junior gps. It is really good to see a country keep being developed in one sports field. I love all skaters I watch, and enjoying every moment I spend in this cold rink. ;)

Aaand I also want to thank you all who read my updates!!

It is nice that we see `something` together.:agree:

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
Group 4
16 Ji yun Lee 39.67 3Lz(fall) 2A 2F(fall) Not good...
17 Yu jin Choi 46.12 3T-3T(maybe<) 3F(fall) 2A Lovely performance though.
18 Se hee Jeon 50.83 3T-3T 3F 2A Clean. Nice performance from Se hee. Love to see she skate. :thumbsup:
19 Hae jin Kim 53.39 3Lz-2T 3F(stepout) 2A(shaky) She cried after program. --- Current 1st Place
20 Ah hyun Lim 48.14 3Lz(2foot)-2T 3F 2A Great skating skills and good performance from Ah hyun. --- Current 4th Place

Ice resurfacing~

Thanks Hailey, reading your posts makes me feel like i'm actually watching the competition.

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Group 5
21 Se bin Park 51.53 3S-3T 3Lz 2A Clean!! Really nice spins, good jumps. :luv17: Wow. But too low score... Judges should gave her more!!! --- Current 2nd Place
22 Eun su Yoon 38.73 1Lz 3Lo-2T 2A Seems disappointed. fall when she going to do first jump, so singled lutz. Looks like cannot go to free skate tomorrow.:(
23 Seo young Lee 53.15 3F 3Lo-2Lo 2A Clean. Nice step sequence. --- Current 2nd Place
24 Ko eun Park 51.08 3F-2T(tano) 3Lz 2A Clean. Lovely canon program. Good ice coverage! Seems very happy, good for her.
25 Gyo hee Jeon 46.91 3Lz-2T 3T 2A Clean. Many clean programs today.:thumbsup:
26 Hyun soo Lee 48.49 3Lz-2T 3F(stepout) 2A She is last year nationals` junior champion. Nice and delicate choreography.