Skating World fluff | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Skating World fluff

Artistry

On the Ice
I didn't know where to ask this question - it's about skaters' social media. I expressed a criticism of a team on facebook on their official page - justa polite observation and low and behold - my comment was deleted and now I can't post anymore. Lol. Doesn't that mean skaters use their pages just as vanity boosters? Brands don't erase user feedback... kind of disappointing. Isn't social media supposed to start conversations? Has anyone else experienced that? Only adoration is allowed and everything else censored?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Brands don't erase user feedback....

Huh? Erasing user feedback is not unheard of for some brands.

I was blocked on Twitter by a brand (completely unrelated to skaters/skating) when I pointed out factual errors in the brand's Twitter content. I was not even stating an opinion.

Mussique

On the Ice
I didn't know where to ask this question - it's about skaters' social media. I expressed a criticism of a team on facebook on their official page - justa polite observation and low and behold - my comment was deleted and now I can't post anymore. Lol. Doesn't that mean skaters use their pages just as vanity boosters? Brands don't erase user feedback... kind of disappointing. Isn't social media supposed to start conversations? Has anyone else experienced that? Only adoration is allowed and everything else censored?

If they're the ones managing the page I totally understand. I even find your point kind of rude —would you go say hi to them in real life and go to say something like "I don't like your lifts" or "you were overscored in PCS"? Because tons of people do just that on social media and I find it really distasteful. Why would you want to address that to the athletes I'll never understand.
I get that your observation was polite and respectful, but if it was negative then I understand that the management of the page deleted it for the sake of the rest of the fan base and athletes, as the official pages are supposed to be "safe" places.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh, "safe spaces" huh? Ok, well that explains the censorship then.

If I object to you paining graffiti or advertising or your opinion on my garage door, is that "censorship"? Of course not. You are free to say what you like, but NOT on other people's space.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I laughed so hard when I saw that. The tweets from Gabriella and Mae in response are super cute!!

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker