Koshiro Shimada | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Koshiro Shimada

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
It would be interesting if it was. I'd prefer the original version to an altered remake, let's see which it is. It would give Koshiro a good opportunity to polish his artistic expression. Props for not choosing a warhorse if it really is a new program.

Tsurara

On the Ice
I think it's his new ex program, but who knows. Like he said in his interview, Adios was also for exhibition at first and they changed it into SP, so it is possible. I personally want him to do something else for SP and FS and keep I Want to Break Free for a gala program, though :) (You wouldn't be able to use a wig nor mustache to do 'freddy in coronation street' for competitive programs!)

So, Koshiro said NO to zebra but he said YES to drag :laugh: Is it Stephane's idea?

People tweeted that he did Adios today at SOI Osaka with a 4T. I wonder if he's performing Winter in Buenos Aires or Queen again tomorrow.

Tsurara

On the Ice
Group photo of Stars on Ice Osaka cast
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvs4tkMp1YP/
Stars on Ice Finale, "With a Little Help from My Friends" and encore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMrXYqHWoM
Koshiro appears after the group number around 3:50.
Shoma appeared with Koshiro's wig on, and later Koshiro got it back and had it on him (at the very last).
He did Adios again on the last day in Osaka. He fell on his first 4T this time. (Haven't found a full video of his uploaded yet.)
ETA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGYzSfN707w&t=7s

I heard he did "I Want To Break Free" with a wig and mustache again at Sapporo today.

Tsurara

On the Ice
Ha ha, KiraraChin, thanks! But sorry to disappoint you, I think those are for all the cast of SOI ;)
(It is possible whoever sent them to Koshiro have seen her IG story before too, or just a co-incidence. We all know most visitors from abroad love Japanese strawberries.)
From that pic, it reads "~さんからの ~ (most likely 差し入)れです。~iro Shimada", so I'd imagine it says "(These) are from xxx to share (with others, so please help yourselves), Koshiro Shimada"
I think someone delivered Koshiro a bunch of strawberries (just in season now) as a gift to share with the cast and he left a note so everyone can enjoy them.

Koshiro is from Ehime, a prefecture famous for mandarin oranges, but it's also known for high quality strawberries too. Some of the best (or expensive) strawberry brands, such as Ama-otome, Red Pearl, and Akai Shizuku, are originally from Ehime. (That said, I can't tell if those strawberries are from Ehime or not.)

KiraraChin

Medalist
Ha ha, KiraraChin, thanks! But sorry to disappoint you, I think those are for all the cast of SOI ;)
(It is possible whoever sent them to Koshiro have seen her IG story before too, or just a co-incidence. We all know most visitors from abroad love Japanese strawberries.)
From that pic, it reads "~さんからの ~ (most likely 差し入)れです。~iro Shimada", so I'd imagine it says "(These) are from xxx to share (with others, so please help yourselves), Koshiro Shimada"
I think someone delivered Koshiro a bunch of strawberries (just in season now) as a gift to share with the cast and he left a note so everyone can enjoy them.

Koshiro is from Ehime, a prefecture famous for mandarin oranges, but it's also known for high quality strawberries too. Some of the best (or expensive) strawberry brands, such as Ama-otome, Red Pearl, and Akai Shizuku, are originally from Ehime. (That said, I can't tell if those strawberries are from Ehime or not.)

Oh, thanks for the clarification! Nevertheless, it was a sweet gesture from Koshiro to share his strawberries with everyone, and Zhenya was obviously very happy! :biggrin: I would get excited too, those strawberries look YUM! :love:

Tsurara

On the Ice
Nevertheless, it was a sweet gesture from Koshiro to share his strawberries with everyone, and Zhenya was obviously very happy! :biggrin: I would get excited too, those strawberries look YUM! :love:
I have to thank her even more for telling us another news of Koshiro!

Tsurara

On the Ice
I‘m not entirely sure about how does the JSF funding work, but Koshiro is listed in Group A for next season, which hopefully means a nice amount of money and a potential Gp spot?
https://twitter.com/sponichiyamato/status/1121297715755831296?s=21

Koshiro placed 3rd in 2018 Japan Junior and 5th in Nats, and senior skaters placed 4~8th and junior skaters placed 1~3rd get approved as A in general. (1~3rd in Nats will get S)
He was also approved as A in 2017 spring after placing 2nd in 2016 Japan Junior and 7th in Nats, but due to injury in 2017-2018 season, he was removed from the list. In 2018-2019 season, he had none in the first released list in April, but then got B after a closed selection meeting (for international games), and he was sent to 2 JGPs.

As for a GP spot,... potential? yes! but I'm afraid we don't have enough information yet. He'll still be a substitute if he doesn't get a GP spot. JSF will probably decide after a closed selection meeting, I think.
For now, I'm expecting(hoping) him to do some Challenger series and Japan Open (because Kinoshita Group) along with Deniss.

ETA: Aww, maybe not Japan Open if Daisuke Takahashi gets invited as an amateur skater...?

fourthdimension

On the Ice
Koshiro placed 3rd in 2018 Japan Junior and 5th in Nats, and senior skaters placed 4~8th and junior skaters placed 1~3rd get approved as A in general. (1~3rd in Nats will get S)
He was also approved as A in 2017 spring after placing 2nd in 2016 Japan Junior and 7th in Nats, but due to injury in 2017-2018 season, he was removed from the list. In 2018-2019 season, he had none in the first released list in April, but then got B after a closed selection meeting (for international games), and he was sent to 2 JGPs.

As for a GP spot,... potential? yes! but I'm afraid we don't have enough information yet. He'll still be a substitute if he doesn't get a GP spot. JSF will probably decide after a closed selection meeting, I think.
For now, I'm expecting(hoping) him to do some Challenger series and Japan Open (because Kinoshita Group) along with Deniss.

How does that work for Japan Open? Does Kinoshita group sponsor it?

Tsurara

On the Ice
How does that work for Japan Open? Does Kinoshita group sponsor it?
Sorry, I don't know, but it's an invite-base competition. Kinoshita Group is the main sponsor since 2006. But as I said (edited) please disregard my nonsense. I'm just dreaming too much.

ime

Rinkside
So, we finally get the full version of “I want to break free” from SOI
https://youtu.be/hbpuUvt51ZI
I just love it so much, it is one of my favorite Koshiro’s program. Personally, I hope he can keep this program for SP ,but I don’t think skaters can wear the wig during the competition[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji28][emoji23], so hopefully they will keep it for ex instead.

Tsurara

On the Ice
So, we finally get the full version of “I want to break free” from SOI
https://youtu.be/hbpuUvt51ZI
I just love it so much, it is one of my favorite Koshiro’s program. Personally, I hope he can keep this program for SP ,but I don’t think skaters can wear the wig during the competition[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji28][emoji23], so hopefully they will keep it for ex instead.
:rofl2: I believe he could wear a wig, but would get a reduction for dropping a wig on the ice. Better keep it for ex.

I'm glad to see his movement getting a lot smoother and more natural. Maybe he's finally getting used to his grown body, but I was a bit afraid of his injured adductor muscle still hurting or having some backache or something when I saw his She ex at JWC gala on stream.

ime

Rinkside
but I was a bit afraid of his injured adductor muscle still hurting or having some backache or something when I saw his She ex at JWC gala on stream.

I’m not too sure about the backache thing, but about the adductor muscle, I remember according to Steph’s interview..[perhaps from 1718 season?], Deniss[who had the same injured in...1516 season? when he still worked with Mr. Urmanov] sometime can still feel the pain [though lighter? I hope?]from his old injures. Though the situation may be different from individual to individual,....I feels like this injured is ...something that ....is hard to totally eliminated after you acquire it..... one need to learn about how to live with it..

But the good news is, b/c the similar situation once applied for three of them (Stéphane himself injured his adductor muscle in 2008, and retired for competition because of it) , Steph has experience to deal with it and he introduced a physiologist in Canada, who once helped him recovery from this injure and returned to the Olympic in Vancouver, to Koshiro and Deniss. They go to Canada each summer for this...as far as I know.

So, let’s finger cross that they will be alright.......

Tsurara

On the Ice
I’m not too sure about the backache thing, but about the adductor muscle, I remember according to Steph’s interview..[perhaps from 1718 season?], Deniss[who had the same injured in...1516 season? when he still worked with Mr. Urmanov] sometime can still feel the pain [though lighter? I hope?]from his old injures. Though the situation may be different from individual to individual,....I feels like this injured is ...something that ....is hard to totally eliminated after you acquire it..... one need to learn about how to live with it..

But the good news is, b/c the similar situation once applied for three of them (Stéphane himself injured his adductor muscle in 2008, and retired for competition because of it) , Steph has experience to deal with it and he introduced a physiologist in Canada, who once helped him recovery from this injure and returned to the Olympic in Vancouver, to Koshiro and Deniss. They go to Canada each summer for this...as far as I know.

So, let’s finger cross that they will be alright.......

:) Yeah, I remember Stephane's explanation in one of the fan meeting videos, and Koshiro himself too talked about still having some pain time to time in one of the interviews. It's just that this awkwardness wasn't at all obvious from Austria JGP streaming, I thought, but it could be just my imagination. Since neither Stephane nor Deniss are showing any problems from their previous injury, I hope it'll be fine for Koshiro too! *fingers crossed*

Btw, there will be a local special featuring Koshiro by TV Ehime on May 5th.
http://dimora.jp/digital-program/425476-E628/C024/?areaId=089
Just 5 mins, and I think it's a re-run of a local news segment broadcasted the other day that some people already uploaded on Twitter. (I'm sorry that I can't upload videos, but it may become available on this on-demand site later.)