Koshiro Shimada | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Koshiro Shimada

icetug

Medalist
Great news! He's been qualified to JGPF as sixth but with third result. And he promised to train hard even if he wouldn't make it to the final, so I believe he's ready to fight for the podium. Good luck!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Congratulations to Koshiro 👏 What a comeback from injury.

Will we see Stephane with him at the JGPF?

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Congratulations to Koshiro 👏 What a comeback from injury.

Will we see Stephane with him at the JGPF?

As much as I love Stéphane and I always love to see him in the Kiss & Cry it seems as Robert companies the juniors and Stéph the seniors this season.. And I think it could maybe be even better for Koshiro if he has Robert with him just as he is used to....

Well maybe even both go ;)
And maybe Deniss qualifys for the senior GPF 😂😂😂😂 😂 (sorry I have very wild dreams sometimes 🙈 )

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Koshiro! Is he the only team Japan boy to qualify? And does anyone else think he could be a dark horse for top 6 at senior Nationals if he goes clean?

icetug

Medalist
As much as I love Stéphane and I always love to see him in the Kiss & Cry it seems as Robert companies the juniors and Stéph the seniors this season..

Not exactly. Stephane was with Koshiro in Linz, where he got PB. And the Grand Prix final is one of the biggest competition in FS, so I don't think Stephane would skip it :).
On the other hand, it's quite interesting how the Team Champery is going to deal with all the Nationals this year (as they have new skaters on board) :scratch2:. But again, it's unlikely Stephane won't go with Koshiro to Japanese Nationals.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Not exactly. Stephane was with Koshiro in Linz, where he got PB. And the Grand Prix final is one of the biggest competition in FS, so I don't think Stephane would skip it :).
On the other hand, it's quite interesting how the Team Champery is going to deal with all the Nationals this year (as they have new skaters on board) :scratch2:. But again, it's unlikely Stephane won't go with Koshiro to Japanese Nationals.

Well I hate being that picky but it‘s not true.. Stéph hasn‘t been at any JGP this year.
here‘s the FP from Linz, if you wanna check again ;)

https://youtu.be/oixD9jk_5W4

I think with a bit of luck Koshiro could even get a Top 4 if not Top 3 finish at Nationals ;)

icetug

Medalist
Well I hate being that picky but it‘s not true.. Stéph hasn‘t been at any JGP this year.
here‘s the FP from Linz, if you wanna check again ;)

I'm sorry, I should have checked and not rely on my memory which is :drama: You are right, absolutely. They were together at JGP only once last year.
Anyway, I'd like to see both Stephane and Robert going with Koshiro to JGPF (what is possible if nobody of Champery is going to Golden Spin). That would be a great support for Koshiro. And such a fun :agree2:

laiyamanika

On the Ice
I think Stephane is busy with his senior skaters during the Challenger series but I hope to see him in the Kiss & Cry in JGFP
Koshiro + Stephane = :love:

I hope they add more transitions in his jumps. I was looking at his scores for both Linz and Ljubljana and it was his weakest component in the PCS for both events. Otherwise, I think he is one of the most artistic junior men out there. He doesn't just jump but he also feels the music

I don't think he has already a quad in his arsenal but among the finalists, only Siao Him Fa, Torgashev and Hiwatashi have a quad toe + combo. So hopefully it will not be a huge disadvantage for him as long as he skates clean

ime

Rinkside
According to the video on Youtube, i am sure Koshiro
gets a good 4S in practice, and from one of Steph’s interview, he mentioned that Koshiro had also land 4T. Plus it still two month until the Jgpf, it is still have time to add new jump in[ so i’m not very concern about his Tes eventually

ime

Rinkside
According to the video on Youtube, i am sure Koshiro
gets a good 4S in practice, and from one of Steph’s interview, he mentioned that Koshiro had also land 4T. Plus it still two month until the Jgpf, it is still have time to add new jump in[ so i’m not very concern about his Tes eventually

here is the video! It looks like come from Koshiro’s Japanese fans
https://youtu.be/cQHmHPxofvE

ime

Rinkside
But yeah....there definitely still have space to improve!!!! Good luck for him!

ime

Rinkside
wow thanks! [emoji3]
I didn't know he could land a quad. I hope he include this in the finals

It makes sense if they decide to play it safe , but i am still very looking forward to see koshiro land 4S at his program! 頑張る!!!

icetug

Medalist
well.....for the eastern sectionals....there is a good news that Koshiro landed his first Quad in competition:hayoo , but as the same time...it looks like he massed up a little bit in the second half of the program..... Here is the repo! https://twitter.com/shomasatolove/status/1056401341889662981?s=21

Hurrah for the 4T, though underrotated and costed a lot of energy. But... he was 2nd after SP so Sectionals were the best place to try it. He is 3rd overall, so we'll see him in Nationals :) SP protocols, FP protocols.