Koshiro Shimada | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Koshiro Shimada

ime

Rinkside
Well......not his best performance, but he still has the chances. Good luck for tomorrow’s Fs

Tsurara

On the Ice
Japanese article with photos including Stephane sending Koshiro to the ice with fist bumps
https://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20181207-OHT1T50082.html

Comments by Koshiro:

"I was able to enjoy it a lot. The first 3A stepping out got me flustered a bit, but I managed to pull myself together to go immersive later, so that was good."

Regarding Stephane as his coach with their fist bumps before his performance,
"He encouraged me with nice words very strongly."

"I'd like to appeal to the whole world with my performance, and hopefully they enjoy seeing how I'll improve from here on."

...I think I'm more nervous right now than Koshiro is.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Congrats Koshiro!!! I haven't seen his FS yet, it was in the middle of the night, but what a lovely way to start a new day! I love this kid 🤩

DenissVFan

Medalist
Congratulations on the medal, Koshiro!

I haven't seen his performance yet but it was good news to wake up to :)

icetug

Medalist
Going first on the ice wasn't an advantage, but Koshiro did his best (minus 3F ;)) with the most beautiful smile of the evening. His 4T got the best score of all!
I love his attitude, I love the pure joy visible in his performance.
Congratulations! Hope Deniss is baking sth delicious to honor the medal :).

Side note: he had no problems with the Japanese flag, homework done :agree:

There are so many cute photos, my choice:

before the warm up
after the performance
on the podium and with a flower crown
from Stephane's instagram
earlier with the flag

Tsurara

On the Ice
So many great photos around and a huge thanks to whoever gave him that cute flower crown!

I love the one on Stephane’s instagram best too. It’s great to see skaters including Camden (aww) congratulating them there too.
Kozuka also did, he’s one of the few who mentioned Koshiro’s potential podium in an article here when many Japanese major media ignored JGPF. I’m sure he’s very pleased to see Kozuka blades on the podium too.

My second pick is the one from the press conference, where Koshiro kinda forced the other two medalists to do this weird pause for a photo.
(Thanks to both Stephen and Petr … I’m not sure if they liked doing it though, and I really don't know where that came from.:rolleye:)

Now I see hundreds of tweets of joys for him and Stephane, from both serious and casual or new fans, as TV Asahi showed Koshiro's performance with Stephane at the prime time in Japan.
One of the topics to note is his exhibition number at gala.
Koshiro mentioned something about having Stephane prepare him a new one by tomorrow at the press conference, or maybe he was just kidding…
Some want to see “She” from Stars On Ice last year, or “Sports March” in a baseball uniform with a bat from 2016, or even “taboo” from 2015, which might be a bit too sexy if he does it as a grown man now. (edit: oops forgot to mention some wishing for "eros" from Yuri on Ice.)
I just can’t wait to see whatever number he’s gonna do, though I can’t watch it real time because of work.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Will he be invited to the gala, though? It'd be great but as far as I remember last year only the winners of the junior categories were invited.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was looking back over Koshiro's events this season, and across six competitive programs only once has his ordinal corresponded with his final placement:

Austria: 3rd in SP, 2nd in FS = 2nd overall
Slovenia: 4th in SP, 5th in FS = 3rd overall
Final: 4th in SP, 4th in FS = 3rd overall

Looking at point totals he was arguably the most consistent guy on the JGP in terms of what he put out across three events, but his placements are all over the place, heh.

Tsurara

On the Ice
Unfortunately, Koshiro hasn't been invited to the gala after all.

:( Yeah, thank you. I just saw the list of skaters. My bad, didn't think journalists would ask such a question to uninvited skaters.
But I'm happy to see Camden and Satoko invited instead. They appear to have invited many enough Japanese skaters already and Koshiro wasn't prepared anyways.

his placements are all over the place, heh.
Indeed.
Eastern Japan Junior: 2nd in SP, 3rd in FS, 3rd overall
All Japan Junior: 1st in SP(82.35!), 5th in FS, 3rd overall

icetug

Medalist
And I'm jealous, but don't exactly know whom I should feel more jealous of.

Guess what? I'd love to sit in-between. No jealousy, just pure uuuuummmm :laugh:.

Camden and Koshiro, a new pairs team? ;)

Camden was also testing another pair set-up, trying a lift with one of the young male pair skaters - and he was to be lifted this time so I wonder which arrangement he likes the best :rofl:

Tsurara

On the Ice
Koshiro just arrived at Haneda airport with Shoma.
https://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20181211-OHT1T50153.html

Summary: Koshiro is staying in Japan with Lambiel for Japan Nationals (not going back to Switzerland for now)
He's planning to do a 4T and 2 3As at the Nationals. After the Nationals, he's going back to Ehime, looking forward to eating lots of mandarin oranges at home.

https://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20181211-OHT1T50152.html
This article is about Shoma and his comments, but for some reason, the photos there are of Shoma waving to Koshiro who was receiving an interview.

edit:
Another article on Koshiro
The title literally says: Seeing 'Shomaism' that he always takes his own path, (Koshiro) says 'I have to learn from him'
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2018/12/11/0011896589.shtml
Summary: Koshiro says he's pleased with the result, but he thinks he just got lucky to be on the podium. He wants to be on the podium in his own the next time. He spent a lot of time with Shoma during GPF, and says he learned a lot from him, such as Shoma's stoic attitude and passion. They played online games together A LOT too (as always when they have time) while Shoma never tried to cooperate as usual, even though they were playing a game that requires a cooperation work to win.

edit2:
More coming...
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/12/11/kiji/20181211s00079000322000c.html
Koshiro says "Shoma is always himself and never changes (his attitude) before nor after competitions. He's a very approachable senpai, and it was nice that he made me feel relaxed (at JGPF)"

According to this photo's title, Shoma was trying to make Koshiro laugh during the interview, teasing him from behind the cameras, and journalists loved it.