2016 Russian Junior Nationals Gen Info | Golden Skate

2016 Russian Junior Nationals Gen Info

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The 2016 Russian Junior Championships (Russian: Первенство России среди юниоров 2016) will be held in Chelyabinsk from January19-24, 2016. Competitors may qualify by competing in the Russian Cup series' junior-level events. The results in part are used to select the Youth Olympic Games and Junior Worlds teams.

Revised Official Entry List
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1516/junnat1516_competitors_revised.pdf

Videos & Results thread
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...nals-Videos-amp-Results&p=1340615#post1340615

Schedule Info (thank you, golden411icecoverage!)

golden411icecoverage said:
Is there a schedule yet? ...

Schedule:
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1516/junnat1516_shedule_competition_revised.pdf

I've added basic translations (**corrections welcome**).

19 января 2016 г., вторник Jan 19 Tue
День приезда Day of arrival
15.00 - 22.15 Тренировки по группам Training for groups​

20 января 2016 г., среда Jan 20 Wed

08.00 - 18.30 Тренировки по группам Training for groups

Мероприятия Events
10.00 - 15.00 Мандатная комиссия Credentials commission
18.30 - 19.45 Совещание судей Meeting of judges
20.00 - 20.45 Жеребьевка участников Draw​

21 января 2016 г., четверг Jan 21 Thu
14.00 - 16.30 Юноши, короткая программа Boys SP
16.45 - 17.15 Открытие соревнований Opening ceremony
17.30 - 20.00 Девушки, короткая программа Girls SP
20.15 - 22.15 Танцы на льду, короткий танец SD​

22 января 2016 г., пятница Jan 22 Fri
14.00 - 17.00 Юноши, произвольная программа Boys FS
17.15 - 19.00 Пары, короткая программа Pairs SP
19.15 - 22.00 Девушки, произвольная программа Girls FS
22.15 - 22.45 Награждение победителей Victory ceremony​

23 января 2016 г., суббота Jan 23 Sat
12.00 - 14.15 Танцы на льду, произвольный танец FD
14.30 - 16.30 Пары, произвольная программа Pairs FS
16.45 - 17.15 Награждение победителей Victory ceremony​

Отъезд участников Departure

Practice schedule:
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1516/junnat1516_shedule_training.pdf

Practice groups:
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1516/junnat1516_training_groups.pdf

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The junior men will be fun...can we get a rough idea of who is qualified like we had for the seniors before they published the entry lists?

NaVi

Medalist
Here are the best performances from thus far of the season based off a mixture of scores, my subjective opinion, and a bias towards the latest performances when it's a tossup.

JGP Participants:
Alisa Fedichkina: SP at Latvia JGP, FS at Senior Nationals
She hasn't really done a fully clean FS this season... but I think the tech panel at nationals was a bit strict... I could see every call made against her be seen as clean.
Ekaterina Mitrofanova: SP at 3rd stage Cup of Russia, FS at 4th stage Cup of Russia
Valeria Mikhaylova: SP at 4th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 4th stage Cup of Russia
Polina Tsurskaya: SP at Senior Nationals, FS at GPF
Maria Sotskova: SP at Senior Nationals, FS at Senior Nationals
Serafima Sakhanovich: SP at Senior Nationals, LP at Senior Nationals
Diana Pervushkina: SP at Senior Nationals. FS at Senior Nationals

Projected Qualifiers from the Cup of Russia:
Anastasia Gubanova: SP at 2nd stage Cup of Russia, FS at 1st stage Cup of Russia
I think she "projected" the best at NRW trophy(SP, FS) but it's not a full junior program
Anna Tarusina: SP at 2nd stage Cup of Russia ,FS at 5th stage Cup of Russia
SP video for the 5th stage is a bit better, but the audio is out of sync
Elizaveta Nugumanova: SP at 5th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 4th stage Cup of Russia
Special mention to her SP at the Denkova-Staviski Cup... better jump layout performance-wise but she has problems rotating 3Lz+3T. Also, here's a cool exhibition to a live singer singing a song from I think The Little Mermaid.
Alisa Lozko: SP at 4th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 4th stage Cup of Russia
She scored higher for her SP(and overall) earlier, but I think the peferformance had improved here.
Stanislava Konstantinova: SP at 2nd stage Cup of Russia, FS at Leo Scheu Memorial
She received a giant score of 191.86 at the Tallin Trophy but there's no video of it because of google's copyright protection. No video of her Leo Scheu Memorial SP which probably would be linked if available.
Alena Kostornaya: SP at Open Cup of Moscow Federation, FS at 2nd stage Cup of Russia
Anastasia Tarakanova: SP at 5th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 5th stage Cup of Russia
Sofia Samodurova: SP at 5th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 5th stage Cup of Russia
Anastasia Mukhortova: SP at 3rd stage Cup of Russia, FS at Open Championship of Moscow
Alina Zagitova: SP at 1st stage Cup of Russia, FS at 3rd stage Cup of Russia
Ekaterina Kurakova: SP at 3rd stage Cup of Russia, FS at 3rd stage Cup of Russia
She will be skating at the Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup(GS Thread)... it will be interesting to see how she does and how others do in comparison to her considering she's the lowest ranked skater to qualify for Russian junior nationals.

Projected Reservists:
Elena Pavlova: SP at 3rd stage Cup of Russia, FS at 3rd stage Cup of Russia
She had a score of 184.90 at the Michin Cup... beating Valeria Mikhaylova by 14 points. I kind of hope room is made for her to skate here.
Elizaveta Yushchenko: SP at 5th stage Cup of Russia, FS at 5th stage Cup of Russia
She should have moved up to the Senior level... she likely would have been able to skate in Senior nationals.

One problem for Team Russia for next year is that so many of these skaters are doing 3Lo combinations... which should be the solo jump for the SP next year.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I just fell in love with this Stanislava Konstantinova girl. I understand she is already 15 (old by Russian standards) and has not make her name yet, but there is something in her that keeps me watching, especially her Cirque du Soleil LP. Not sure what competition it is, but the video is of better quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSLFMwj1sZI
I confess I am a little addicted to it.

Perdita

Final Flight
I just fell in love with this Stanislava Konstantinova girl. I understand she is already 15 (old by Russian standards) and has not make her name yet, but there is something in her that keeps me watching, especially her Cirque du Soleil LP. Not sure what competition it is, but the video is of better quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSLFMwj1sZI
I confess I am a little addicted to it.

My heart just pulsed with joy when I saw your post :love:
That's exactly what happened to me few weeks ago although I somehow prefer her SP over FS... She's got something that makes me want to watch her over and over again. The video is from Panin Memorial, a Russian domestic competition held in October.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Let's hope she will develop to at least the level of Maria A. so that we can see her at some senior B events in the years to come.

My heart just pulsed with joy when I saw your post :love:
That's exactly what happened to me few weeks ago although I somehow prefer her SP over FS... She's got something that makes me want to watch her over and over again. The video is from Panin Memorial, a Russian domestic competition held in October.

NaVi

Medalist
Ekaterina Kurakova: SP at 3rd stage Cup of Russia, FS at 3rd stage Cup of Russia
She will be skating at the Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup(GS Thread)... it will be interesting to see how she does and how others do in comparison to her considering she's the lowest ranked skater to qualify for Russian junior nationals.

So, she actually won the event... and her score of 153.62 was also the highest score even counting the seniors. OK score considering she had a turnout and doubled the 2T in her SP combo... and the judging for everyone seemed a bit stiff. I'm actually kind of sad that no one was able to score higher.

Short Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfKaQ6a9gNs
Free Skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ssn8h-XDqA

She also backloaded her FS which shows she's gunning for a top 6 finish... I wonder what other jump decisions others will make. IIRC, Mitrofanova(who is kind of on the cusp of being in the top 6) had been experimenting with the 3Lz+3T at some of the local non-Cup of Russia competitions and having mixed luck.

Last edited:

helene1967

Rinkside
Projected Qualifiers from the Cup of Russia:

Birthdates
Anastasia Gubanova: 02 Dec 2002
Anna Tarusina: 24 Jan 2003
Elizaveta Nugumanova: 25 Aug 2002
Alisa Lozko: 01 Jun 2002
Stanislava Konstantinova: 14 Jul 2000
Alena Kostornaya: 24 Aug 2003 Not Eligible by age
Anastasia Tarakanova: 14 Apr 2004 Not Eligible by age
Sofia Samodurova: 30 Jul 2002
Anastasia Mukhortova: 17 May 2003
Alina Zagitova: 18 May 2002
Ekaterina Kurakova: 24 Jun 2002

Projected Reservists:
Elena Pavlova: 06 Jul 2001
Elizaveta Yushchenko: 06 Jan 2000

So only two of 18 Ladies at JrNats are not eligible to JGP next season.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Would Russia be allowed to send ALL those age eligible competitors to JGP competitions?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Would Russia be allowed to send ALL those age eligible competitors to JGP competitions?

I am not really sure what you mean but Russia has 15 slots next season, so, basically 7 skaters can have 2 events and one skater can have one event.

These would be the skaters I would like to see in JGP next year.

Polina Tsurskaya
Alisa Fedichkina
Anastasia Gubanova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Alisa Lozko
Anna Tarusina
Sofia Samodurova

Substitutes
Ekaterina Mitrofanova
Alexandra Proklova
Anastasia Mukhortova
Valeria Mikhailova

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Or fifteen skaters can each have one event. Which 2 Russian skaters go to each of the 7 events they do not host is entirely the choice of the Russian federation. If Russia is the host of a JGP event, they can send 3 skaters to that event, again, entirely of their own choice.

The exact rules for skater assignments for the JGP are always listed in the announcement for the series.

Here is the announcement for the 2015-16 season:
http://www.isu.org/media/200452/jgp2015-16_announcement_withcharts_final.pdf

sneakers

Match Penalty
isnt Russia going to host one JGP this coming season ?

so that would mean one extra spot and one additional skater can skate in 1 event at least