2016 US Nationals TV and Livestream | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals TV and Livestream

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yeah, I usually enjoy D&J's 'playful energy,' but to me they weren't at their best in the latest preview show, and I think their 5-5 is a little too short. Why not make it 10 or 15 minutes and provide something a bit more thoughtful. The playfulness is okay but not all the time, every time. I found it grating in the most recent installment.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Well. I think that people are slowly beginning to notice figure skating again. People responded very well to last year's nationals (i think us figure skating won an award for the best organised national championships in 2015).

Also, since skating is both extremely popular in Asia (and that does rub off a little in multicultural countries) and that The US still has really strong skaters has also helped.
Well spoken. It has become very exciting again. Lots of talent in all disciplines about and over the past two years, we've seen great performances across the board. Think of Yuzu this season alone! The Nats should be a real treat. Enjoy everyone! :hap57:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
It's frustrating that icenetwork has monopoly on accessing US Nationals, yet they are not equipped to support ipads and other personal devices. Who carries a laptop or PC with them nowadays?

samson

Medalist
I was wondering did anyone else try to enter TSL's trivia challenge? I did but I haven't heard back from them or seen evidence that winners have been picked but I figured they would do that before the pairs short?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's frustrating that icenetwork has monopoly on accessing US Nationals, yet they are not equipped to support ipads and other personal devices. Who carries a laptop or PC with them nowadays?

Last night I couldn't see the skating on Ice Network at all on my laptop (no freezing, just no picture at all), so I watched it on my iPad instead with a browser I downloaded called Puffin in the App Store. Give it a try!

sbaker

On the Ice
Seems like the answer will be no, but is there any way to watch the SPs without icenetwork or another subscription? ...Decided to skip it this year as I'm traveling (in Oz currently!)... This is the first time this year I've really needed it! Ugh

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Is there anybody in the audience who can Periscope?

LOL, would be fun if someone tried...

Many thx to elee63 :bow: for posting this streaming link in the Ladies SP thread:

YES, THANKS to HeeYuHee. Saw this when i skimmed through the women's SP thread. Maybe, maybe, maybe I'll wake up for the boys. If only I knew it's going to be worth it :confused:

Seems to work fine now for junior dance :)

CCC

Rinkside
Couldn't agree more that IN for US Nats was just awful! The camera work for the Juniors and earlier groups was as bad as it gets. The feed was so bad I just had to give up. I did change from Wi-Fi to hard wired for yesterday and had no problems. I never had a problem with IN for any of the GP feeds. I have seen though that when it is very, very cold, that Live Streams do have problems, so maybe that explains why icenetwork posted on Twitter quite a few times that they apologized for losing the feed. Dating myself here... Still, I remember the days when to even find out about the SP at Nats or Worlds, that you needed to check page 10 in the Sports Section for a 2 inch write up... then pray that the Wide World of Sports would show more than the Top 3 or Top 5.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Up early for my morning workout and Saturday morning errands when I checked online for the NBC coverage when I saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/RFqLf9z.png

You know the sport sucks in the US when they haven't bothered to update that blurb from 2012 when Nationals were in San Jose, CA (45 minutes away from me in SF!). But at least it's better coverage than when I lived back home in Norway. :sarcasm:

mintx

On the Ice
Up early for my morning workout and Saturday morning errands when I checked online for the NBC coverage when I saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/RFqLf9z.png

You know the sport sucks in the US when they haven't bothered to update that blurb from 2012 when Nationals were in San Jose, CA (45 minutes away from me in SF!). But at least it's better coverage than when I lived back home in Norway. :sarcasm:

I saw that a few days ago. Good Grief!

TMC

Record Breaker
Does anybody have a stream? I've looked everywhere but no luck :( Thanks in advance!