Romain Ponsart | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Romain Ponsart

Tutto

Record Breaker
TSL reporting that Romain has moved, with Mariah, to Rafael

https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/768101353986134016

Since Romain came over at Coach Vincent's urging, and Vincent is now with Tammy, it does not surprise me that he would want to move, but Mariah? I don't know enough about her, and her fans can speak to it, but it seems like a lot of moving.

I am not a huge Rafael fan, but I hope it works out for Romain:hap10: (as it did for Adam and Ashley!)

I think it is a very good move. Rafael is a good technician and will help with his jumps, also he is a result driven & passionate coach who could get Romain out of his shell so to speak. Looking forward to see him in the coming season. Did he get any GP spots?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it is a very good move. Rafael is a good technician and will help with his jumps, also he is a result driven & passionate coach who could get Romain out of his shell so to speak. Looking forward to see him in the coming season. Did he get any GP spots?

Romain has a spot at Trophée de France (I think that is what it is called now;)) and that is it. Given the French fed's requirements for World's, he does need to up his game.

I am less of a believer in the Rafael hype than some (I do not for example think he is such a great jump coach for men) but he does have a record of motivating adult skaters, and Romain could certainly benefit from that. Let's hope so:yes:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Congratulations on his medal at NRW Trophy! I loved his performance on Sunday. In my opinion he had the most amazing skate artistically & technically out of all competitors and it was quite an accomplishment to work his way onto the podium from 7th place after the SP.

I was surprised to see him with Ingo Steuer. Does anyone know, if he's officially in his camp now?

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations on his medal at NRW Trophy! I loved his performance on Sunday. In my opinion he had the most amazing skate artistically & technically out of all competitors and it was quite an accomplishment to work his way onto the podium from 7th place after the SP.

I was surprised to see him with Ingo Steuer. Does anyone know, if he's officially in his camp now?

Sounds like you were able to see Romain live; how cool, and thanks for the report! I'm glad that he made an impression.

It may just be that Ingo was available to sit in the KnC with Romain. The last I heard, in a November 10 IG post talking about a new program he was training, he wished good luck to his training partner, Adam Rippon. At that point he was still with Rafael, evidently having followed Mariah there. I know nothing different, but I am far from a "skating insider."

Aglae

On the Ice
I saw Romain live for the last date of the french post Oly tour yesterday ! He skated to Your Song and my memory really sucks because I can't remember what was the other song :bang: (maybe time is running out by Muse...) I was too into the show and at the end, I forgot the important info...
His quad T looked great (He failed on one of his 3A and Philippe Candeloro made him redo it after the end of his program) and I also had no idea he had a cantilever... I hope he gets a GP assignment next year !

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
all i know about romain is that he shows up on nathan's ig stories alot

He’s dating my skating crush Mariah Bell :mad:

I can’t blame the guy though..he seems really nice and I think he is very underrated. He does have very nice presentation skills too and when his jumps are on they are high and very light :)

figurefan0726

Final Flight
He’s dating my skating crush Mariah Bell :mad:

I can’t blame the guy though..he seems really nice and I think he is very underrated. He does have very nice presentation skills too and when his jumps are on they are high and very light :)

Yeah. He lives with her too. They’re such a cute couple though.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've made a thread for the Masters de Patinage 2019 here for those who have access to the competition forums. Romain is skating and the competition starts on Thursday - here's hoping he's healthy and ready to go after last season's back problems. :)

oly2018

Final Flight
Does anyone know why Romain has not been in CA? I follow Mariah on social media and she has alluded to him being in France for month now. Is it related to his injury or has he left Raf?

alexaa

Final Flight
Does anyone know why Romain has not been in CA? I follow Mariah on social media and she has alluded to him being in France for month now. Is it related to his injury or has he left Raf?

I don’t know why he is not in CA, but he has been in France since May or April. He just withdrew from SkAm, I assume it might be related to injuries. I don’t think he left Raf. Iirc, he sent out birthday wishes on Raf’s birthday in July