Michelle Kwan and Brian Boitano cast in new skating movie | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan and Brian Boitano cast in new skating movie

Lucy25

Final Flight
According to this article about the movie Ice Princess.
http://www.skateaway.ca/

Quote:

Skating luminaries including four-time World Champion Michelle Kwan and Olympic Gold Medalist and six-time World Professional Champion Brian Boitano have been cast as live commentators. Six-time Canadian champion Jennifer Robinson and Canadian Junior Figure Skating champion Lauren Wilson are MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG’s skating doubles. Canadian Olympic Silver Medalist Debbi Wilkes plays a coach. Other sizzling world-class skaters making their film debut include Julianna Cannarozzo, Kirsten Olson, Jocelyn Lai and Danielle Kahle.

It's great that Michelle and Brian get to do this together since they are such good friends. They will probably have a ball! (Too bad they goofed on Michelle's bio; she's a FIVE-time World Champion!)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
A few years down the road maybe we will be seeing Michelle and Brian instead of Peggy and Dick in the broadcast booth.

Good - Maybe we can get an idea how Michelle and Brian deliver their play by play descriptions of the competitions.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
:love:

MK and Brian are the best of friends for years. It is so cool to see them working together. Nice to see all the other great skaters are involved in this project.

marcijack

Spectator
Gold Medalist!

Lucy25,

They may have gotten the number of World titles wrong, but at least they got the Olympic Gold medalist part right! :laugh: Michelle doesn't even have to go to Turin. The press has already made her an honoray Olympic Gold winner. Go Michelle!!!

IDLERACER

Medalist
Darn! It's being filmed in Toronto. Even though there's a choice of about 20 rinks here in Southern California, I suppose it's alot cheaper to shoot films in Canada these days. The plot of this film looks absolutely ridiculous. In the history of the world, no "Ice Princess" has ever dated (or looked twice at) a Zamboni driver. I wonder if any of those "Sizzling World Class Skaters" are going to have speaking parts.

goldenlurker

Spectator
The skaters that have speaking roles are : Michelle Kwan , Brian Boitano , Julianna Cannarozzo, Kirsten Olson, Jocelyn Lai. Danielle Kahle is Kirsten Olson's double she will not have any speaking lines as Jennifer Robinson and Lauren Wilson are Michelle Trachternberg's skating doubles.(no lines) Jennifer's hair was colored to match Trachtenberg's. She look's much better with dark hair. Sandra Rucker was going to be one of Trachternberg's doubles but she didn't work out. She was having a trouble with her jumps so they called in Jennifer Robinson. I think Sandra would have still been there if her mother wasn't so ...lets just say a skating mom. The producers we not happy with her attitude and didn't have time for all that nonsence.

Dave Amorde

Rinkside
goldenlurker said:
I think Sandra would have still been there if her mother wasn't so ...lets just say a skating mom. The producers we not happy with her attitude and didn't have time for all that nonsence.

Watsa matter goldenlurker,? Your audition didn't work out? Amazing how this kind of crap always comes from the one and only post of someone who registers anonymously.

I'll keep this short and sweet: the details are clearly known only by the Ruckers and the producers, and frankly, they are none of our business.
But , I know many "skating moms", and I do know the Rucker family. Dave & Kelly Rucker are two of the finest people I know, especially as parents. If my kids were orphaned tomorrow, I would want the Ruckers to raise them.

goldenlurker

Spectator
Dave,

Your so predictable get some new material. I did not say the Rucker’s were bad parents. We all know you don’t have to be a bad person to be a nuisance. What irritated me was you knew 2 weeks ago she wasn’t in the movie any longer but you still posted on skatefans 6/18 yesterday ( my sweetpea is in it ) . Unless you were not referring to her as your sweetpea (sarcasm on). Truth stinks

Organization: http://SWPSkating.com
Reply-to: SkateFans@...

Hey hey! My Sweetpea is in it, so it WILL be an "interesting flick"!!! :)

Dave

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
Wow, both Michelle and Brian ! I can't wait to
see it. :)

There is some more info on the movie here if anyone's interested.

Btw, do you think Uncle Dick is giving them pointers on the side ? :laugh:

--Hermy

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
movie

Kim Cattrall will be playing Michelle Trachtenberg's mom I can't wait =)

I've always thought Michelle T looked like Tara Lipinski when she was younger.

Dave Amorde

Rinkside
goldenlurker said:
Dave,

What irritated me was you knew 2 weeks ago she wasn’t in the movie any longer but you still posted on skatefans 6/18 yesterday

Wow - you not only know what I know, but you know when I knew it! I am impressed! :laugh:

Let me see...
in your first post here, you insult a skating family.
in your second post here, you insult me a call me a liar.

I'd say you're off to a rip-roaring start!
If you have any further issues with me, please address me via email or telephone, with your real name. There's been enough kitty litter shoveled out for one day.

Dave Amorde
http://SWPSkating.com

floskate

On the Ice
I am convinced that MK and Brian will eventually become the voices and faces of commentary for US skating telecasts. Maybe this is their audition :laugh:
But seriously they are the natural heirs to Dick and Peggy!!!!

It's just a movie but we can muse over the voices. I have noticed that MK is not speaking like a little girl as she used to. That's good. I'm not sure about Brian whose voice tends to be effeminate, imo. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but it will not make it sound like a sportscaster. I would have preferred Kurt Browning.

Again this is just a movie. I'm not sure it is a real audition for a replacement for Dick and Peggy. But hey, it may have some impact and could be negative as well as positive.

Joe