2016 European entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 European entries

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Loena is injured (her back I believe) hence her absence.

I'm really going to miss N&N, they were one of the teams I was really looking forward to. Was there any particular reason they missed nationals? Any chance we see them at worlds? They aren't having the greatest year, but they have a ton of potential, likely much moreso than their teammates.

Gaistruk&Olejnik already have the hard to get tech scores for Dance Worlds so as much as I love N&N I would only replace them if they fail to reach the free dance at Euros.

Ekm

On the Ice
Gaistruk&Olejnik already have the hard to get tech scores for Dance Worlds so as much as I love N&N I would only replace them if they fail to reach the free dance at Euros.

I don't know, N&N beat them head to head in Tallinn despite a disastrous free skate, while I don't think either team has much chance of getting Ukraine 2 spots for the next worlds they have the better shot of the two.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I'm so happy to see Savchenko on the list! I can't wait to see how they go in her first major international competition with Massot.

GF2445

Record Breaker
17 pairs teams.
I would hate to be the team who doesn't qualify for the free skate.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^
Yes, I hope he’s had good holiday’s training.
Best wishes for his and his father/coach’s recoverings :thumbsup:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
3 french Ice Dancers, no empty spots :yahoo: It's a miracle!

You know, when I first read this post, I thought it said "3 fresh Ice Dancers", and I thought "eh?! What's are 'fresh' ice dancers?!" :laugh:

Seriously, though, I am delighted that France were able to use all the slots that Gabriella and Guillaume earned last season.

Although, I do have my worries about how Peroline OJARDIAS / Michael BRAMANTE will get on. We all know Michael has a pretty decent background with Hawayek and Cannunsio. But, no disrespect to her, but Peroline is not in the same league as those girls. In fact, I would go as far as to say that, when I saw them at Nationals last month, she was really struggling.

On the other hand, I do fancy Lorenza Alessandrini to do better with her Fresh new partner than she did with Vaturi.

Alexander Majorov :clap: :hap10: :hap93:

I hadn't even noticed that!!! :palmf:

It'll be great to see Alexander again after his selfless deed. :cheer:

I just hope he's not rushing back too soon and that he is fully recovered from his operation.

CaroLiza_fan

SamuraiKike

Medalist
n.

Although, I do have my worries about how Peroline OJARDIAS / Michael BRAMANTE will get on. We all know Michael has a pretty decent background with Hawayek and Cannunsio. But, no disrespect to her, but Peroline is not in the same league as those girls. In fact, I would go as far as to say that, when I saw them at Nationals last month, she was really struggling.

CaroLiza_fan

Don't worry, next year they will be surpassed by Lauriault/ Le Gac and if A&S dont improve quickly Abachkina & Thauron could sneak in into the 2018 olympic dance team.

Nirti

Medalist
Some changes in ice dance :

- armenian Garabedian/Proux-Sénécal are added to the list
- norwegian Rabe/Koleto and estonian Elias/Koreline are removed. I'm sad for the norwegian pair and hope they'll be back soon, they are the first ever ice dancers for Norway!

Andrea82

Medalist

Koleto posted a message on their Facebook:

Hello,
It's with a heart full of regret I have to announce today that Thea and I are no longer together.
It was my understanding and with certainty, via email correspondence, that Thea has fallen very ill and she has decided to withdraw from Europeans. She has also decided to terminate the partnership upon these grounds.
My passion and drive for skating are still alive, and I will continue to look for a partner here in Novi, Michigan.
I wish Thea healing in her journey back to health.
Thank you to all those who supported us.
Tim

https://www.facebook.com/TheaAndTim/?fref=nf

Nirti

Medalist
A little change : Aimee Buchanan replaces Katarina Kulgeyko for US-israeli team. Buchanan did better than Kulgeyko at Mentor Cup last week-end.

Mattieu

Medalist
Besseghier withdrew...:slink:
http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/201...esseghier-n-ira-pas-aux-championnats-d-europe
I'm too tired to read French now but I think it says he got an ankle injury at a competition in Germany and hasn't recovered.

Yes his right ankle, a ruptured ligament.
They had a race against the clock to tend to his ankle, but there wasn't enough time.
He had just come from a meeting with the doctors where they decided he should withdraw.

He is taking 2 weeks off to allow for healing, then he will begin his preparation for Worlds.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is it possible for him to be replaced, or not possible because France didn't provide any substitute entries? :curse:

Is it possible for him to be replaced, or not possible because France didn't provide any substitute entries? :curse:

Ponsart has the mins but I guess they want to make him pay a bit and just send him to worlds so he's killed by the SP cut. Unless the junior guy can get his LP mins for worlds.

But really this is typical FFSG to not put at least one alt... So they are cooked when someone WD or so they can say, sorry, we can't enter you.

Nirti

Medalist
and if Amodio doesn't make the top10 (that's possible, he's only 11th in the season's best), France would lost his 2nd spot...
As reminder, Ponsart, Hocquaux, Aymoz, Naurits, Tesson, Zahradnicek, Arrateig and Economides would have been eligible. and some of them have great chances to make 18 or better, so let a chance to keep the 2nd spot...

Congratulations FFSG, congratulations.