2016 European entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 European entries

I fear this is the end of KS. This injury, now, after all they had. Can't see them climbing up again for 2018.

So sad. Sorry Moskvina, you too deserve another ending to your wonderful story.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I just feel so sorry for Kavaguti and Smirnov. They have had such bad luck with injuries. And it often seems they get passed by and not necessarily fairly by other Russian teams. I was hoping for a world bronze medal at least and retirement. I fear this is the end. Fate just doesn't seem to be fair for this team. But perhaps it is also the way skating is going. Yay for Duhamel and Radford and Hanyu but pushing the tech may be causing serious injuries. Right now that means the top three RUssian pairs teams are injured to some level. T and M must be excited about their chance but still so sad. I know this is competitive skating (sport) and maybe we are the maker of our own misfortune in this sport.

and if Amodio doesn't make the top10 (that's possible, he's only 11th in the season's best), France would lost his 2nd spot...
As reminder, Ponsart, Hocquaux, Aymoz, Naurits, Tesson, Zahradnicek, Arrateig and Economides would have been eligible. and some of them have great chances to make 18 or better, so let a chance to keep the 2nd spot...

Congratulations FFSG, congratulations.

I actually think Amodio will end up 8th or 9th. Because the judges seems to keep that spot just inside top ten for the french guys so they can enter two the year after.

It started after 2012 Euros, and at the time it was only the second or third french guy place, the place for the ones FFSG didn't want to medal. Then 2013 it's Besseghier. 2014 they could easily slot Joubert's here but I guess they still thought Amodio would be ways up. By 2015 it became the real place of 1st french man.
Noticed it also happened twice at worlds. Thanks to Chafik in 2014. Amodio was slotted there also last year to ensure France to keep their spots.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
goodbye oldschool pair skating :sad4::sad4::sad46::cry:

Flagstaff

Rinkside
Ponsart has the mins but I guess they want to make him pay a bit and just send him to worlds so he's killed by the SP cut.
Ponsart has been working on a new LP for less than 1 month, there is no way he could be/could have been ready on time for Euros. But I guess Hocquaux could have been sent as a substitute.

Re. Kavaguti : it's some serious injury she has sustained. I don't want to omen ill but that could really be the beginning of the real end :(

Last edited:
Ponsart has been working on a new LP for less than 1 month, there is no way he could be/could have been ready on time for Euros. But I guess Hocquaux cold have been sent as a substitute.

Re. Kavaguti : it's some serious injury she has sustained. I don't want to omen ill but that could really be the beginning of the real end :(

Joubert did it many times :)