2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
These new costumes are really... distracting...
Now, Piper and Paul's costumes are usually quite divisive but this is the first pair of costumes I kinda dislike. I couldn't concentrate on the dance at all.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
really love Piper and Paul - they dare to be different and a little 'out there' and that's fantastic in a season where almost everyone seems re-created Mozart from Frenchies...Amazing energy, lifts, precision and musicality in their movement...And Paul could skate to nothing all day and I would watch it all with awe

liv

Record Breaker
Actually, I liked those costumes for a change. What a huge score. Wow. W/P are going toscore huge unless they mess up.

MIM

Medalist
G/P is different and has this new fresh vibe in their program. These are the arrays of interesting moves with good flow, but it does not seem to build up into something; no climax there. Besides, my eyes are spoiled by Elisabeth' lines and extension.

kresslia

Medalist
Is that new? With Kaitlyn basically doing the splits on Andrew? Or maybe I just missed it earlier in the season. Cool nonetheless.

SGrand

Final Flight
I really don't enjoy that screechy violin in their music change, it always makes me think of POTO lol.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
it's almost the end of the season and Kaitlyn and Andrew's FD finally starting gel in me (better now than never...I guess)

first time I noticed INSANE phrasing in both step sequences - every step, turn, hand-to-hand touch/extension, line noted music perfectly. And that's what is all about for me - dancers' bodies have to be united and tell the story by legs, arms, hands...All lifts seemed effortless, especially the last one, perfectly executed. It really shows now how hard they worked before this season in my eyes - lines are much more clear and harmonized, transitions are effortless and well-incorporated in music.

Sheer class for me. And I really wish them to be on top in Boston, along with Bobrova/Soloviev and Shibutanis

EDIT - and I don't want to start how hot Andrew is (again), he also can skate to nothing and I would clap and drool like crazy

Last edited: