Eun-Soo Lim | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's Rostelecom over again, she messes up the short, she 'lets go' and does well on the FS. Spin-out on the 3Lo (edge jumps are not her thing, but solid 3S) and didn't feel confident enough to make the 2A combo a 3T, but she kept it all together and delivered. Oh squirtle, you just drop me down and pick me up over and over again

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It's Rostelecom over again, she messes up the short, she 'lets go' and does well on the FS. Spin-out on the 3Lo (edge jumps are not her thing, but solid 3S) and didn't feel confident enough to make the 2A combo a 3T, but she kept it all together and delivered. Oh squirtle, you just drop me down and pick me up over and over again

I disagree. I thought she had a lovely 3Lo....before Raf. :shock2:

and yeah this like Rostelecom 2.0 all over again :dbana: but we decided to stan this girl for all her greatness and faults :yes2:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

and yeah this like Rostelecom 2.0 all over again :dbana: but we decided to stan this girl for all her greatness and faults :yes2:

So California gave her spins and took her 3Lo..??

I do hope there won't be a Rostelecom no. 3 because lord no :dbana: but as the Korean twitter saying goes: once the door is closed, there's no way out. That darling closed my door shut the moment she came out onto the ice and started moving, I'm on her boat until the end

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Looking at protocols now, not surprised the 3Lo was called under but didn't expect the flip to get dinged. Let's see how the other competitions mark her up as the season progresses, it was her first comp of the season after all.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InH2AavjSwM

Rebound! This competition could've ended terrible for her but she kept her nerves together.
A tentative performance but this is a good program overall. I'm assuming she was meant to the a 2A-3T instead but it's good that she focused on getting things clean.
I don't like the colour of her dress though. :drama:

agreed, Hope for better performance in the future, I kr Squirtle CAN handle sophistication and subtlety (beside, angelic, charms etc. adjectives I used in Team Korea thread:biggrin:) this program requires, and she is one of those rare talents who can achieve that.
Also, I suspect she may took out some choreo due to this is her first comp this season and perhaps low confidence. Hopefully we can get a full, polished and complete performance of this program in the future.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Raf has a quirky technique that is lean every jump including lutz and loop to the exaggerated one side..... everyone who changed into his team seems will immediately change into that entry..., including Squirtle...
Honestly, I don't kr if it is better technique or suits everyone?... but aesthetically, I think it is ugly looking... I much prefer my Queen Yuna's relaxed lutz entry. just beautiful:love:
As for Squirtle, I really don't kr, change tech back and forth, left and right seems is not helpful in terms of consistency ..... JMHO...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
As for the dress, I was hoping a Hepburn inspired Sabrina's dress, there could be so many inspirations and ideas from just that movie. Her dress and hair styling is going for elegance which is in the right direction.
beige or champagne color is okay (your stereotypical upper class color). but you know it is beige:biggrin: Squirtle or Sabrina has something extra to just beige..
but color is not the biggest costume design issue for me, still the worse part is the weird pattern/ratio/proportion, I like the princess sweetheart front neckline design idea, but perhaps it is a bit too low:palmf:

dhjh811

On the Ice

It's like soyoun all over again :drama:
I'm impressed by Eunsoo. I was expecting a disaster skate and she managed to pull off a decent one. Very proud of her and I, frankly, hated what Raf did with some of her jumps. So glad her main coach is Chi again.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
It's like soyoun all over again :drama:
I'm impressed by Eunsoo. I was expecting a disaster skate and she managed to pull off a decent one. Very proud of her and I, frankly, hated what Raf did with some of her jumps. So glad her main coach is Chi again.

oh friend, you speak my gut feeling. Soyoun all over again, please don't Skating God, I hope Squirtle can have longer and more successful skating career:pray:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
As for the dress, I was hoping a Hepburn inspired Sabrina's dress, there could be so many inspirations and ideas from just that movie. Her dress and hair styling is going for elegance which is in the right direction.
beige or champagne color is okay (your stereotypical upper class color). but you know it is beige:biggrin: Squirtle or Sabrina has something extra to just beige..
but color is not the biggest costume design issue for me, still the worse part is the weird pattern/ratio/proportion, I like the princess sweetheart front neckline design idea, but perhaps it is a bit too low:palmf:

I'm okay with the neckline, but I do with they'd gone with cream/beige, her dress of right now is more pastel pink+champagne and her skin is too fair to show that color off. Her skin tone is a summer cool, it's a rare tone here in the peninsula and why wouldn't you make the best out of it...

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Short interview after ACI: She's happy to finish her first competition of the season with a bronze medal, she thanks the fans for staying up cheering for her

pandatours

On the Ice
At least now that she is back to a Korean coach she won’t have to travel back and forth for the ranking competitions. Which is still a problem btw, I feel like Eunsoo, Jun, and Young all ran out of steam by the end of the season

Not a fan of the FS dress in pictures but it looks good in motion. The choker embellishment is a little distracting though. And the mesh is a little light

yyyskate

Record Breaker
At least now that she is back to a Korean coach she won’t have to travel back and forth for the ranking competitions. Which is still a problem btw, I feel like Eunsoo, Jun, and Young all ran out of steam by the end of the season

Not a fan of the FS dress in pictures but it looks good in motion. The choker embellishment is a little distracting though. And the mesh is a little light

the choker idea maybe to resemble a piece of precious neckless Sabrina is wearing?:biggrin: yeah but it looks more like a choker:biggrin:

Briananing

On the Ice
Eunsoo and zhenya interactions are cute. I was worried that she would have a hard time to make new friends outside SK after last season.

Anyway do you guys like the LP ? I feel like it missing something. The choreo is less detailed and intricate than the SP. It s like david wilson repeating his other program once again and put it on another music.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Not a huge fan of either of her programs this year and I feel like it doesn't bring out the best in her performance quality
Lowkey wish - even if only for political scoring reasons - that she finds another foreign coach in a training environment that can better suit her....and gets all her choreo from Buttle :pray:

readernick

Medalist
Eunsoo and zhenya interactions are cute. I was worried that she would have a hard time to make new friends outside SK after last season.

Anyway do you guys like the LP ? I feel like it missing something. The choreo is less detailed and intricate than the SP. It s like david wilson repeating his other program once again and put it on another music.

Not crazy about either program but that just might be because the interpretation isn't there yet...I may love them by the end of the season.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
here are some feedback from Chinese fans,
1, like the programs and music editing, the level of sophistication and integrity is rare among current programs and typical David Wilson work (detail oriented, focus on create mood and emotion).
2, the free dress makes her looks fat around waist area. (I don't kr if I can say fat here in this board, but that is exactly what Chinese fans said ), and the short dress seems aged her? (I don't kr if it is on purpose to make her look more mature?)
3, hoping improvement in tech, more transitions and specially more security and quality in executing transitions (e.g. jump entries).

ETA,most Chinese fans think that the lyrical, fair-like style (last year short, new long) suited Squirtle more, most Chinese fans don't like the dancing club style Squirtle used in her junior years.

Briananing

On the Ice
here are some feedback from Chinese fans,
2, the free dress makes her looks fat around waist area.her?and the short dress seems aged her?
3, hoping improvement in tech, more transitions and specially more security and quality in executing transitions (e.g. jump entries).
ETA, most Chinese fans think that the lyrical, fair-like style (last year short, new long) suited Squirtle more, most Chinese fans don't like the dancing club style Squirtle used in her junior years.

2. The LP dress doesnt make her fat around the waist area IMO, it just looked cheap and dirty (not dirty as in slutty but dirty as in soiled/stained from dirt). The colour and the fabric just didnt match her skintone and program. And then the colourless crystal arrangement was messy as well, it s like they just scattered the crystals for the sake of it and no thought of design and pattern behind it.
2b. And yes like what i said before the SP dress aged her a lot. The colour was too matured for her.
3. Agree 100%
4. Me too, i like her in aery/lyrical music better but she is young and a good dancer so she can try different type of music. They just need to mind her age and dont rush her in choosing more mature program like chicago just yet.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I like the color of her SP dress, it is great for her as a dark-haired person. And her FS dress looks very beautiful, too! Her skating is always enjoyable to watch, although it was not perfect this early in the season.