Eun-Soo Lim | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
How do you rate Eunsoo's among current Korean ladies and her chances in upcoming tourney?

Hmmm
I guess I'll grade it by letter. I have decided to base this between her, Young and Yelim because those two are her main competitors by age.

Consistency: B-
She's not as headstrong as Young but she does have some grit within her.

Technical: A-
She basically inherited Yuna's jumps but it does need some work. She tends to be a bit slow when pulling out her free leg. Another note is that her technical layout compared to Young and Yelim is on the weaker side. They have a lot of their jumps on the second half. However, the quality of hers should counteract that deficit. IMO, she has the best jumps (LOL obvi I would say this....well except for Soyoun's 2A and 3S) out of the field. She doesn't over-rely on arm swinging to do the jumps and have a lean on her landings.

Artistry/Presentation: A-
She has the charisma and star quality but it needs development. Her facial expression is fine (more than fine IMO) but she has to work on her upper body.
Young probably trumps her here too but she also has this issue.

Skating Skills: B
Young is the better one here.

The Clout - a positive forecast of big scores
I included this because I'm pretty sure KSU is now focusing on her scoring potential and on how well-received she was in the JGPs. The caveat is that they may overscore her too much...

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Rough translation of Eunsoo`s interview article after Dresden!

She said that “There were so many mistakes at free skating, not like short program, so I was depressed. But I got unexpected medal, so I`m happy. From now on, I want to show you better performance not like today.“ and said, “I really did great short program two days ago, and also did good at practice. So I felt too much ambitious while ahead when I get to free skating.“

She said about how does she feel after doing two JGPs, “This was my first junior season, and I learned a lot from it. I want to do better at my next opportunity.“

Her next event will Ranking Competition at Mokdong Ice Rink in Seoul, Korea, from October 14th to 16th. She said, “There`s a lot of competitions left in this season, yet. I`ll practice more till Ranking Competition, so I can get a good results there.“

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Hmmm
I guess I'll grade it by letter. I have decided to base this between her, Young and Yelim because those two are her main competitors by age.

while post

that is the definition of a true fan's evaluation.

Very impressed by BB Squirtle 's English and Ted maybe a little fanboy. He certainly really likes Squirtle:biggrin:

BTW, the mention of Yuna, really got me a little teary.
Yuna is helping young skaters in all aspects of skating!:eek::

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I really hope we get to see Squirtle at junior worlds this year... I suspect she will get the assignment... at least i would hope so!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ted is definitely a fanboy, but who can blame him? ;) Eun Soo English is really good for her age! :clap: And congrats for a first JGP medal :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ted: whats your favourite skater??
DUH! she didnt even think a second :laugh: i am glad Ted interviewed him (what a fan uncle!! :biggrin:) and she thanked him for it, ahhhhh :luv17: she doesnt seem shy when talking English, which is good to see, hopefully she will improve more and will be able to give full interviews :hap85:
this is another lesson for her to learn for Eunsoo, not to be overconfident or ambitious after perfect SP and to stay calm

congratz on your medal Eunsoo!!! :love::yahoo:

mish

Match Penalty
Hmmm
After all the hype about 11yo Young winning the Nats, I took a deeper look at Korean babies and knew AT ONCE I like this skinny, a bit clumsy 3rd place finisher better. Yu may be better at this very moment, but I've strong feeling Eunsoo has much bigger potential. Time will tell, I guess. :)

#initialposeprobz :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGeNjlAcsUs

micnow

Rinkside
I really hope we get to see Squirtle at junior worlds this year... I suspect she will get the assignment... at least i would hope so!

Since Korea has 2 spots, I am even more optimistic to see Eun-Soo there (at junior worlds), hopefully together with Kim Ye-Lim. These two can hopefully fight for the third spot which would be very useful for next season (when Young You is age eligible).

andyjo24

Medalist
Since Korea has 2 spots, I am even more optimistic to see Eun-Soo there (at junior worlds), hopefully together with Kim Ye-Lim. These two can hopefully fight for the third spot which would be very useful for next season (when Young You is age eligible).

I would love to see Ye-Lim with Eun-Soo at Junior Worlds (I will be going to Taipei next year~). But you know, you just never know. Ha-nul Kim is right behind and can grab one of the two spots too.

I love Squirtle!! Hopefully, she works her butt off on avoiding the boards. Her biggest strength (great distance on jumps and speed) also happens to be her greatest weakness, ironically... Lols...

chz

On the Ice
Did Ted do any interviews with other medalists - Gubanova & Yuna? cause i see only Eun Soo's in the JGP's video list

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Did Ted do any interviews with other medalists - Gubanova & Yuna? cause i see only Eun Soo's in the JGP's video list

You have a good point. I was assuming he would talk to the other medalists too.

chz

On the Ice
We saw his other interviews with gold medalists from men & pairs - jun hwan & "i dont know their names" but as for ladies, only Eun Soo..so if it really true then it must really mean something. i'm all okay for her to get such attention..It's a good publicity..sort of.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
https://youtu.be/plNuPZHuVvI

Eunsoo Lim in pluff 3 years ago:luv17:
She is so cute and hard-training! In interview, she said that she wants to be in National team and become olympic champion just like Yuna Kim. She already got one;)
And she also said: she will try harder and harder even if there`s any challenge in front of her, so she can reach to the top. What a word.

Last edited: