2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies FS

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Vivian's PCS was pretty bad here for an okay skate. She didn't give up on her program at all. You can see she's going for everything from beginning to end. No national inflation for her for sure. Emily got a big boost PCS-wise.
For the same LP internationally, Emily's score would be lower.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am not impressed either, considering they are not super young, and most junior Korean, Japanese and Russian ladies did 3-3.

I am not impressed with this group of juniors. Although I see some good jumping technique and nice artistry, NOT ONE skater did a triple-triple. I saw several in the novice ladies. What's going on?! Is this normal in the juniors?

kalee

On the Ice
Another problem with sending Karen is that if she doesn't medal (and she won't), it may hurt her international reputation. She had a relatively solid showing on the GP and did well in the Senior B's. I think a poor result at Jr Worlds would do more harm than good in positioning her for future success as a senior.

Sad but true... The JW podium practically belongs to Polina Tsurskaya, Maria Sotskova and Wakaba Higuchi barring any meltdowns. Karen can be neck-to-neck with the likes of Alisa Fedichkina, Yuna Shiraiwa, Marin Honda and Elizabet Tursynbaeva though.

Halfway through watching Senior Nats, I'd say one solution could be:
JW - Emily Chan, Vivian Le
If Tyler has a good FS, to give her 1 GP slot next season (SA host pick perhaps?)

Last edited: