2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance FD | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance FD

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will take place Jan. 15-24 in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Icenetwork will provide live coverage of the event to Season Pass Subscribers

Junior Short Dance

Wednesday, January 20, 2016
11:20 am - 1:05 pm local

Junior Free Dance
Friday, January 22, 2016
9:00 am - 11:28 am local

What time is it now in St. Paul, Minnesota?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/st-paul

Compare to a time zone near you?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...136&p5=179&p6=224&p7=248&p8=33&p9=240&p10=236

FD Start order
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2016/18516/CAT016SEG032.html

• Start time: Jan 22, 9:00 AM Central Standard Time
  • Venue: Xcel Energy Center
    [*=right]Judge detail scores

PlaceStartNameShort DanceFree DanceTotal Score
PlaceScorePlaceScore
1Rebecca Lucas, University of Delaware FSC
Jacob Schedl, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
2Elizabeth Addas, All Year FSC
Jonathan Schultz, FSC of Southern California
3Aya Takai, Detroit SC
Alexander Martin, Detroit SC
4Alina Efimova, Peninsula SC
Kyle MacMillan, Washington FSC
5Katherine Grosul, SC of Novi
Cameron Colucci, Philadelphia SC & HS
6Chloe Lewis, All Year FSC
Logan Bye, SC of New York
7Eliana Gropman, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
Ian Somerville, Washington FSC
8Gigi Becker, Washington FSC
Luca Becker, Washington FSC
9Elliana Pogrebinsky, Peninsula SC
Alex Benoit, Skokie Valley SC
10Christina Carreira, SC of New York
Anthony Ponomarenko, SC of San Francisco
11Rachel Parsons, Washington FSC
Michael Parsons, Washington FSC
12Lorraine McNamara, Peninsula SC
Quinn Carpenter, Washington FSC
13Julia Biechler, SC of Wilmington
Damian Dodge, Peninsula SC

FunctionName
Judge 1Anthony Bardin, Carson, NM
Judge 2Susan Keogh, Hilton Head, SC
Judge 3Richard Dalley, S Rockwood, MI
Judge 4Kanae Tagawa, Los Altos, CA
Judge 5Gerald Miele, Greenville, RI
Judge 6Hal Marron, Phoenix, AZ
Judge 7Jenny Mast, Virginia Bch, VA

Officials

The USFSA announced list of Junior Ice Dance teams who have qualified to Nationals. Thank you golden411icecoverage, for the link to the pdf file:
http://usfigureskating.org/content/2016 qualifiers.pdf
in this thread:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57438-USFS-list-of-all-qualifiers-for-2016-Nats

Junior Ice Dance Qualifiers​

Eastern

Gigi Becker (Washington FSC)/Luca Becker (Washington FSC)
SD "Nutcracker Waltz" by Tchaikovsky; choreo by E. Novak
FD Selections of African beats by various artists; choreo by E. Novak​

Julia Biechler (The SC of Wilmington)/Damian Dodge (Peninsula SC)
SD Foxtrot, Waltz: Close Your Eyes Meghan Trainor; choreo by Yovanny Durango and Natalia Linichuk
FD Nocturne performed by Lucia Micarelli, Bohemian Rhapsody performed by Lucia Micarelli; choreo by Yovanny Durango and Natalia Linichuk

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56461-Julia-Biechler-amp-Damian-Dodge

Lydia Erdman (Philadelphia SC & HS)/Alexey Shchepetov (Philadelphia SC & HS)
SD "Complainte De La Butte” by Rufus Wainwright; choreo by Slava Uchitel
FD “Overture”, “Unchained Melody”,and “Suspend My Disbelief/I Had a Life” from from the Ghost (the Musical) soundtrack by Simon Lee; choreo by Slava Uchitel​

Rebecca Lucas (University of Delaware FSC)/Jacob Schedl (Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights)
SD “Brindisi” from La Traviata
FD “Diga Diga Do” and “Save My Soul” Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and “Pencil Full of Lead” by Paolo Nutini​

Midwestern

Eliana Gropman (Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights)/Ian Somerville (Washington FSC)
SD "The Story Of An Unknown Actor: IV. Waltz of Farewell" by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Elena Novak, Ramil Sarkulov
FD "Ice Queen" by Dinletir & "Rebirth 2" by Solace; choreo by Elena Novak, Ramil Sarkulov​

Katherine Grosul (SC of Novi)/Cameron Colucci (Philadelphia SC & HS)
SD Merry Go Round by Joe Hisaishi
FD West Side Story soundtrack; choreo by Slava Uchitel​

Elliana Pogrebinsky (Peninsula SC)/Alex Benoit (Skokie Valley SC)
SD "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Eugene Doga; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong, De la haine a l'amour (from "Romeo et Juliette") by Gerard Presgurvic, William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Igor Shpilband​

Aya Takai (Detroit SC)/Alexander Martin (Detroit SC)
SD Up soundtrack; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FD “Someone Like You” and “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo​

Pacific Coast

Elizabeth Addas (All Year FSC)/Jonathan Schultz (FSC of Southern California) /
SD "Buongiorno a te”, “Funiculi Funicula;" choreo byArleen Barton, Ben Agosto
FD “Symphony No. 5 in C Minor”, “Op.67”, “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven; choreo by Arleen Barton, Ben Agosto​

Christina Carreira (The SC of New York)/Anthony Ponomarenko (The SC of San Francisco)
SD Charlie Chaplin: Waltz: Eternally, Polka: The Floorwalker, City Lights; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Poursuite and Ausencia by Goran Bregovic, Black Cat, White Cat by Dr. Nelle Karajlic, performed by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Igor Shpilband

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56460-Christina-Carreira-amp-Anthony-Ponomarenko

Alina Efimova (Peninsula SC)/Kyle MacMillan (Washington FSC)
SD TBD
FD Romeo & Juliet soundtrack; choreo by Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak, Dmytri Ilin​

Chloe Lewis (All Year FSC)/Logan Bye (The SC of New York)
SD "Valse Triste from Kuolema Op. 44" by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD "Soledad" by Gidon Kremer, "Miloga Loca" and "Tristeza Separacion" by Astor Piazolla; choreo by Igor Shpilband​

Bye

Lorraine McNamara (Peninsula SC)/Quinn Carpenter (Washington FSC)
SD Peer Gynt Suite: "Anitra's Dance" and "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
FD Carmen Suite by Georges Bizet; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55989-Lorraine-McNamara-amp-Quinn-Carpenter

Rachel Parsons (Washington FSC)/Michael Parsons (Washington FSC)
SD Waltz: Cinderella's Departure for the Ball by Sergei Prokofiev; Choreography: Elena Novak
FD La Malamada by Medialuna Tango Project, Palabras y Viento by Medialuna Tango Project; Choreography: Elena Novak

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...hel-amp-Michael-Parsons&p=1238686#post1238686

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is the fancystats thing that was active last night during the Senior Ladies SP only active for Seniors events?

ETA: nevermind I finally got on my laptop and answered my question. (It is only for Championship events boo)

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone who watched the ladies SP last night felt like they had a hangover from watching it?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is IceNetwork erroring for anyone else? I can get to the results page thanks to Doris's direct link in the first post (thanks, doris!) but trying to get to the IN homepage just errors out.

Ekm

On the Ice
Pogrebinsky and Benoit are still jr eligible next year, right? If so, I'm rooting for Carriera and Ponomorenko to get the bronze, but if not I'd like them to get the Jr Worlds spot to hopefully move up on the SB list and get a GP. I really enjoy both teams and would love it if they could both go to Jr Worlds, but there's literally zero chance of the Parsons not medallions here, and even if for some crazy reason they didn't there is no chance they wouldn't be sent.

ETA: I don't dislike the Parsons I just prefer the other two teams (and McNamara & Carpenter).

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Is IceNetwork erroring for anyone else? I can get to the results page thanks to Doris's direct link in the first post (thanks, doris!) but trying to get to the IN homepage just errors out.

Not working, and hasn't for the past 20 minutes at least :palmf:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Pogrebinsky and Benoit are still jr eligible next year, right? If so, I'm rooting for Carriera and Ponomorenko to get the bronze, but if not I'd like them to get the Jr Worlds spot to hopefully move up on the SB list and get a GP. I really enjoy both teams and would love it if they could both go to Jr Worlds, but there's literally zero chance of the Parsons not medallions here, and even if for some crazy reason they didn't there is no chance they wouldn't be sent.

ETA: I don't dislike the Parsons I just prefer the other two teams (and McNamara & Carpenter).

Barely.

Alex turns 21 in October, so next season will be their last as Juniors if they don't move up.

ETA: I'm getting the birthdates from Icedance.com's Competitors page - http://www.eventcoverage.ice-dance.com/ms/usnationals16/competitors/

Ekm

On the Ice
Thanks! I looked them up and I knew they were borderline, and then I realized I wasn't sure of the date cutoff :palmf:.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks! I looked them up and I knew they were borderline, and then I realized I wasn't sure of the date cutoff :palmf:.

The age cutoff is by July 1st immediately preceding the skating season. So, if there's a minimum age, the skater must be that age before July 1st, and if a maximum age, the skater must NOT be that age until after July 1st to be eligible.

Regarding the skating: I'm glad Kyle finally has a partner again. I wish they were doing better though.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I fell asleep halfway through the event, read the thread, and am kind of glad that I went to bed. :bed:

Who's skating now? I just came here from Russian Junior Ladies...

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yep, all though I think I have a bit of a real hangover too (it took a bit of beer and chocolate to get me thru the evening)

Ekm

On the Ice
Grosul and Collucci are really adorable, but they look super tiny even for juniors, which is a bit of a distraction.

Ekm

On the Ice
And ice network is down for me, hopefully Lewis and Bye are having a great skate.