2016 Russian Jr. Nationals Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Russian Jr. Nationals Ladies FS

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I really like Lozko after watching her. And I think Konstantinova lands her jumps weirdly but skates with a lot of power, but that might've been someone else.

sneakers

Match Penalty

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am not happy my new discovery Stanislava made so many mistakes because the choreographic details in her LP are amazing, and Cirque du Soleil never disappoints me. She is also so pretty.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Lozko was just unbelievably amazing! She reminded me a bit my favorite Japanese junior Marin Honda but I see here even bigger promise. Her spins, her expression are just mind-boggling. Don't know what her tech issues are - she had hefty 10 points deduction. If she overcomes them, she might be the next queen.

Can some explain to me why her score was so low? I'm not a technical expert of the code, but I thought she should have been closer to Nugumanova, or maybe even ahead of her.

The music cuts worked very well for her I thought.

Ana Raquel

Rinkside

What happened to Gubanova? She had a lot of trouble with her jumps in the freeskate program is she injured? You can email me the answer to my email address:[email protected]

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Can some explain to me why her score was so low? I'm not a technical expert of the code, but I thought she should have been closer to Nugumanova, or maybe even ahead of her.

The music cuts worked very well for her I thought.

Well the problem with Lozko's FS in specific is that it's not constructed very well and her Lutz is a Flip. The e on the lutz gets 1.8 less points and also automatically receives some negative GOE. She also obviously can only have a single lutz in her FS. This in itself reduces her TES by a lot, and then when you take into account the fact that she has some inefficiencies like doing a 1Lo 3 jump combo instead of one with a double jump and doing a 2A sequence instead of an actual jump combo, she really cannot compete with TES even if 2 of her spins receive close to +3 GOE.

I'm not sure if she even has a Toe loop combo, she didn't even do a 2T in either her SP or FS. I mean, just the fact that she does her 3T+2A as a sequence makes very little sense to me otherwise as 2A+3T is far superior. I really get the feeling she has no toe loop jump combo.

As for her PCS, I think that she should have been scored higher there, but with this technical content she just cannot compete.

Last edited:

helene1967

Rinkside
Intrviews:
Sotskova http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1769-ma...chityvat-na-kakuyu-to-udachu-ili-fortunu.html
Her coach Panova http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1768-svetlana-panova.html

Both told that there was too hot and Maria was exhausted at second half of FS.
Maria told that she hopes it was her worst skating and she will skate better in future.

Maybe so many mistakes (many girls skated significantly worse than at other competitions) are because of too hot air at skate rink.
Maybe nerves - for many girls it was first competition of so high level, with many spectators.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Intrviews:
Sotskova http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1769-ma...chityvat-na-kakuyu-to-udachu-ili-fortunu.html
Her coach Panova http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1768-svetlana-panova.html

Both told that there was too hot and Maria was exhausted at second half of FS.
Maria told that she hopes it was her worst skating and she will skate better in future.

Maybe so many mistakes (many girls skated significantly worse than at other competitions) are because of too hot air at skate rink.
Mabe nerves - for many girls it was first competition of so high level, with many spectators.

hot air ????
wouldn't that have affected teh ice quality too

stryke

On the Ice
hot air ????

Yes. I think in the same interview or a different one it is said that the ice was softer as a result. I knew it had to be something like this as so many good skaters just had a horrible time here.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hot air ????

I've skated in a few rinks with over 10,000 person capacity. The air is often warmish but the ice is fine in my experience.

Noticably warmer air temp than any local rink I've skated which can be downright frigid at times :laugh:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't believe the judges score Polina 16pts ahead of Alisa? I'd even score Alisa higher on PCS myself :drama:

oleada

Record Breaker
I can't believe the judges score Polina 16pts ahead of Alisa? I'd even score Alisa higher on PCS myself :drama:

I do. Perhaps Polina isn't the most balletic or elegant, but she has a lot of command, transitions and speed. She looked to be twice as fast and powerful as the other skaters. She certainly demands that you look at her! I love Alisa, but in comparison her skating looked much smaller. And of course, Polina has much better jumps.