2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS

badknees

Medalist
^^ That's what I mean! Their schedule said to go to NBC at 3:00pm. If part of Group 3 was going to be shown on IN, they did not accurately indicate that fact. Plus, as usual one of the performances gets lost. That very same thing happened to Jason Brown in 2011. He was a new skater debuting in seniors, and was one of a couple of men that got chacked because of where he was in the skate order. And even back then, Jason had a bring down the house performance that was lost. Unfair and ridiculous toward fans, as always!

Coming in late to this discussion on page 6-7. Thinking that I could tape the NBC coverage, and watch it later, I went out shopping. Came back to find that NBC did not cover group 3. Had no idea that IN covered some of group three but not all at the last minute. I'm sooooo confused.!!!

Either IN is breaking the contract with NBC or visa versa? If NBC says they will cover groups 3 and 4 and then don't, are they not breaking a contract and owe IN money??
But now apparently you can watch here, the entire competition? If this is so, why even bother watching the stupid coverage on NBC with Tara and Johnny (gag, anyway)??

Is this live, right now and the entire competition??

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pi...a-figure-skating-championships-nationals-nbc/

Confused AND IT'S HURTING MY 58 YR OLD HEAD!!!:confused::confused:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
i don't care how good they did...i can't be happy about POTO programs winning gold. I don't like seeing such poor choices being rewarded.

Blah blah blah. They won the gold and there's nothing you can do about it. Quit being a wet blanket.

skatemouse

On the Ice
I'm not a fan of this particular piece of music, but Kayne/O'Shea performance was amazing! Their win over Scimeca/Knierim was obvious :cheer:

I am partial to S/K I love their power and beautiful look. Went back and re-watched all programs. Defending a title is never easy I guess. I don't think so obvious and I'm nervous now for the US Pairs. Not hard to go clean when your tech elements aren't as difficult you skate small and are not World Challengers. K/O had their own troubles with jumps this year and at the practices too. Watched all week and Scimeca/knierim were pretty clean on jumps although only their fourth year I think?. They did not go perfectly clean (either did the other team there were little errors) but S/K's elements were more powerful, biggest, and World class their score was bogus low and other team winning too high???. I think it is fine although others are put through as 1st place not clean s/k have had to fight tooth and nail for everything I seem to see always and they have earned way more. I''m sure it will not change but if they go to World Champs and place I am going to laugh it helps other countries when a first rate team is not supported.I like other team too but they are just not as "world" good and US Pairs just took a step back in not making s/k Champs again. I could skate clean if I only did an axel jumps? It sometimes is about supporting the best in the World and progress. I am not sure the US deserves them we would take them though.
http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wspairs.htm

Art&Sport

Medalist
Coming in late to this discussion on page 6-7. Thinking that I could tape the NBC coverage, and watch it later, I went out shopping. Came back to find that NBC did not cover group 3. Had no idea that IN covered some of group three but not all at the last minute. I'm sooooo confused.!!!

Either IN is breaking the contract with NBC or visa versa? If NBC says they will cover groups 3 and 4 and then don't, are they not breaking a contract and owe IN money??
But now apparently you can watch here, the entire competition? If this is so, why even bother watching the stupid coverage on NBC with Tara and Johnny (gag, anyway)??

Is this live, right now and the entire competition??

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pi...a-figure-skating-championships-nationals-nbc/

Confused AND IT'S HURTING MY 58 YR OLD HEAD!!!:confused::confused:

It also seems they slightly changed times at last minute. Very unclear and unfair when paying dollars for subscriptions. I have to write them a letter. They provide poor service and their website is not very user-friendly -- difficult to navigate. It's so confusing it's almost not worth paying that much money.

The online NBC streaming you can only access if you have cable tv service, right? Don't you have to type in the name of your cable or digital service provider?

Giselle

Medalist
I am partial to S/K I love their power and beautiful look. Went back and re-watched all programs. Defending a title is never easy I guess. I don't think so obvious and I'm nervous now for the US Pairs. Not hard to go clean when your tech elements aren't as difficult you skate small and are not World Challengers. K/O had their own troubles with jumps this year and at the practices too. Watched all week and Scimeca/knierim were pretty clean on jumps although only their fourth year I think?. They did not go perfectly clean (either did the other team there were little errors) but S/K's elements were more powerful, biggest, and World class their score was bogus low and other team winning too high???. I think it is fine although others are put through as 1st place not clean s/k have had to fight tooth and nail for everything I seem to see always and they have earned way more. I''m sure it will not change but if they go to World Champs and place I am going to laugh it helps other countries when a first rate team is not supported.I like other team too but they are just not as "world" good and US Pairs just took a step back in not making s/k Champs again. I could skate clean if I only did an axel jumps? It sometimes is about supporting the best in the World and progress. I am not sure the US deserves them we would take them though.

Wow, what a hurtful comment!
S/K have yet to skate ONE clean program this year, SP or LP. Saying that the US doesn't deserve them or doesn't support them is ridiculous. You can't just hand them the competition based on planned content, it's a sport. S/K have not delivered so they lost.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I agree with Giselle. K/O deserved their win. S/K had two major errors and another smaller mistake in their LP. And Tarah and Danny did execute sbs triple salchows in addition to their double axels. The right team won.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

I think pretty much some five or six teams behind S/K in the standings are sure wins over them, so I doubt this means a lot. And let's be real, at Nationals they had mistakes, while K/O were clean, and really confident. But Nationals is not the end of their season, any team could surpass the other in coming competitions, but even if S/K are as amazing as you say they are, their last two competitions were beyond rough.

And a lot of good teams have won medals skating "just" a double axel jump.