2016 Russian Junior Nationals Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Russian Junior Nationals Pairs FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
10 Amina Atakhanova / Ilya Spiridonov

Music: Funny Girl (soundtrack) by Jule Styne; Anchors Aweigh (soundtrack); Roller Skate Rag (soundtrack); Gigi (soundtrack) by Frederick Loewe

Orange strapless dress / black suit

3T+2T+2Lo
3Tw
3LoTh
3S - ok, hers looked <
FCCoSp3p
3Li
ChSq
3STh
5SLi
BoDs
PCoSp3p

Nice skate with good jumps and throws - they both seem happy

FS: 54.73+60.35 = 115.08, 176.95, 1/10

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
11 Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev

Music: Attention Mesdames et Messieurs; La Vie en Rose

Green fringe dress / black suit

3Tw
3LoTh
3T+2T+1Lo - she twofoot, he did 3T+2T+2Lo
3S
ChSq
5RLi
CCoSp3p
3Li
3STh
FiDs
PCoSp3p

Another good skate with difficult jumps and throws - they seem pleased

FS: 57.37+61.02 = 118.39, 183.84, 1/11

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
12 Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot

Music: Lawrence of Arabia (soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre

Black/grey/white flowy sparkly costumes

3Tw
2A
3LoTh - hand down
BoDs
2T+2T - she hand down on 2nd, he wonky on 1st
5RLi
3STh - fall
ChSq
PCoSp3p
3Li
FCCoSp3p - travelling

Shaky skate from the JGPF champions, probably enough for bronze?

FS: 48.51+58.01-1.00 = 105.52, 170.25, 3/12

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think Borisova and Sopot wouldn't catch the gold even if they skated clean - this score is even a bit generous for the mistakes. They have a bit of the same problem Fedorova and Miroshkin have, nice pair elements, very good skating, but only double jumps. Just look at Mishina/Mizroev, they have a two triple jumps in their FS, and if they are consistent they can even catch a good medal at the JW.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
The Perm teams have historically had problems with triple jumps, so I'm not overly optimistic about Borisova's ability to get one.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
great medalists:clap: great croud & SPb is happy:yes2:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A very entertaining competition with a lot of great skates and surprising (in my mind anyway) but well deserving winners.

M/M were good value for their win, they delivered two strong performances and there is a real joy to their skating, they should have a good chance to stand on top of the JW podium. A/S delivered a strong performance they were a close 2nd in the FS, I really like this couple, she is only 13 so it's hard to know how things will work out, plus the fact that they work with Pavlova could bring problems. I think the pressure got to B/S but as previous posters said even if they skated clean I don't think they would have won, they don't have the SBS jumps to challenge.

Once again I enjoyed the FS from G/S, they delivered their max technical elements but still only placed 6th in the free for 4th overall. I don't see her getting triple jumps, I'm not sure I've ever seen her do a 2A. The senior ranks could be tough on them. I also enjoyed U/V, good technical elements with real power, speed and a good connection. The only problem is the height difference, if she grows much taller it could be tough for him.

On the whole a decent competition. There is the potential for a Russian sweep at JWC although I would the Czechs and possibly an unheard of Chinese team could threaten that.

oleada

Record Breaker
On the whole a decent competition. There is the potential for a Russian sweep at JWC although I would the Czechs and possibly an unheard of Chinese team could threaten that.

IDK about the Chinese. Unless they have improved extremely quickly, the two pairs China sent out on the JGP (Zhao/Xie; Han/Kang) are nowhere near the Russian teams at this point, with PBs of 129 and 102. I don't believe they have any other teams with the minimum scores. The Czech definitely could challenge, as could the Ukrainian team of Oganesian/Bardei.