Who do you consider the 3 top Male skaters in N. America? | Golden Skate

Who do you consider the 3 top Male skaters in N. America?

Who are your TOP 3 MALE SKATERS in North America?

• Emmanuel Sandhu

Votes: 59 53.2%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Jeffrey Buttle

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • Johnny weir

Votes: 84 75.7%
  • Ben Ferreira

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Evan Lysacek

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Feodor Andreev

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Ryan Janhnke

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Christopher Mabee

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 23.4%

• Total voters

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
takura said:
Emanuel Sandue is from Canada.

Sure he is. And so is Buttle, Ferreira, Andreev and Mabee. They're North American as much as the rest of the men in the poll.

I think Weiss is missing in the poll, he's much more worthy of being there than Mabee. After all, Weiss is a top 6 World skater and the current US silver medallist. And I dare to say, not finished yet, although many have been counting him out for years.

So I vote for him (Weiss), Weir and Sandhu. The National champions and a top 6 skater in the World. I don't make predictions about Goebel and as much as I like Buttle, he doesn't strike me as a reliable skater (as in you know he will be skating well).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
North America includes Mexico and Canada Takura(and in case your schools forgot... Alaska and Hawaii[I wouldn't put it past any 48 state school... the stupid questions we get asked!])

anywho...

Mike Weiss Tim Goebel... and my personal top 3 Matt Savoie... none of the Canadian men strike me as tops... but this is just my feeling on things...

I miss Orser and Browning :(

Kateri

On the Ice
Emanuel Sandhu, Matt Savoie (why he no there??) and Johnny Weir.

I do think Mike Weiss should be on the list though, even if he's not my fave.

k.

Antilles

Medalist
Sandhu, Weir, and though he's not on the list, Weiss. I'm leaving Tim off since this last year has brought his health into serious question. Based on results this year, I'm going with these three guys. Weir and Weiss mostly for Worlds, and Sandhu for the GPF (If he could get it together, he could easily be one of the tops in the world, but I've been waiting for that for a long time.)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Why no Matt Savoie??? I had to go with other for my third choice. I also chose Eman and Jeffrey. I don't know if these three are the best, because obviously Eman is inconsistent and Matt and Jeff seemed to be undermarked by the judges, but darnit, they are the only three NA skaters I like to watch! Oh, and Ryan Bradley, he's fun. And I haven't seen Jordan Brauniger, but I am prepared to love him, based on his interviews.

Laura :)

PS. Dur, I do like to watch Johnny Weir, too. It's early and my caffiene hasn't kicked in.

I made a big fumble. I left out Michael Weiss and Matt Savoie. Sorry guys. It was not intentional. BTW, what about that Sawyer guy in Canada? Heard He's quitement promising.

Joe

mike79

On the Ice
The top three in terms of overall talent are Sandhu, Weir, and Buttle. That's not counting where they've placed in competitions, but just on pure ability.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My vote is for Weir, Sandu, and Matt S.

Dee

Littlewild1

Rinkside
I voted for three of my favorites - Johnny, Fedor, and Jeff. But that doesn't mean they're the best. If I was voting in terms of who is the most talented/has done the best in recent years, my list would be different.

edit: oops! I meant to put my vote for Jeffrey for "other". I wanted to vote for Matt Savoie.

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I went with:
Sandu: has fabu presentation, but inconsistant jumps,
Goeble: has great consistancy on the jumps, but so-so presentation
Weiss: has ok jump consistancy and ok presentation, but only one who is equal in both.

Everyone else is a career waiting to happen.

lilphi07

Rinkside
Give it up for the Mighty American Men

GO USA

My predications for not only next years but also for Team Turin 2006 include the three skaters I have chosen:

Timothy Goebel
Johnny Weir
Evan Lysack

:love: Three very talented young skaters that are proving to the interantioanl skating community that team USA has the talent and potential to take the world by storm...or at least the podium in Turin

In my opinon, while I like Jeffery Buttle and Christopher Maybee has a lot of potential... I do not like sandu. I also believe that while Michael Weiss has beena round for a long time ..sad to say I think he is done and should move off the national podium to make room for new talent like Evan Lysack

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I voted Weir, Buttle, Other--that being Weiss.

Michael Weiss is missing and he would be #2 on my list.

I don't know what Tim's current status is given his health problems last year, so I can't vote for him at this point.

I like Jeff over Eman; I prefer Evan to both of these fellows. I think Jeff and Evan still have a lot more potential for growth. I don't like Eman's skating very much--don't find anything to rave about and I don't think we will see more growth from him unless mentally he gets it together a la '92 Wylie. Ryan is too inconsistent to be in the top 3.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I only went with two......Sandhu and Tim, the third obviously being Weiss. The reasons are their longevity and their participation at Worlds and the Oly's....42

Show 32 - Are you anywhere near St. Paul? I think Campbells will give you an idea of how the veterans are holding up in comparison to Johnny. and Evan, too.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
NO Mike Weiss??? FOR SHAME!

That's why one of my votes went to 'other'.

Kasey

floskate

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I made a big fumble. I left out Michael Weiss and Matt Savoie. Sorry guys. It was not intentional. BTW, what about that Sawyer guy in Canada? Heard He's quitement promising.

Joe

I voted for Johnny, Jeff and Eman in terms of talent and artistry. Shawn Sawyer IMO has the potential to be up there with these guys, but he's relearning his jumps due to some dodgy technique. Therefore he's maddeningly inconsistent, but he's done quad triple combo's in practise since the age of about 16 so I'm reliably informed. If anyone hasn't seen him, download his Junior Worlds LP from Rinkside. It should explain everything!! :love: :love: :love:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I went with Weir, Lysacek, & Goebel. I have to admit I had a hard time choosing between Sandhu & Goebel but EMan is so inconsistent & I'm hoping that Tim will come back with a vengeance this coming season & that his boot problems have been resolved.