2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Men FS

LRK

Record Breaker
What if Liam has a total splatfest at 4CC (and Kevin does pretty well or at least MUCH better than Liam)? Is there any chance that SC will not stand by their decision to send Liam to worlds?

If they have already promised the spot to Liam, I hardly think it would be right to pull the rug from under him like that. And I want either Kevin or Nam at Worlds'. They should have held off making a decision in that case, until after 4CC.

peg

Medalist
I think it would be incredibly difficult for any of Firus, Reynolds or Nam to make top 10 this year, given the depth of the international field and their recent performances. So I don't get the hand-wringing about Firus's second place.

With Liam, there is zero chance of three spots. With Nam or Kevin, there would be at least some chance. Some of the contenders always mess up. Ice is slippery and results are often unpredictable. I'd actually put the chances of Nam finishing top 10 at 30-40%. Much better than 0%

peg

Medalist
What if Liam has a total splatfest at 4CC (and Kevin does pretty well or at least MUCH better than Liam)? Is there any chance that SC will not stand by their decision to send Liam to worlds?

If they have already promised the spot to Liam, I hardly think it would be right to pull the rug from under him like that. And I want either Kevin or Nam at Worlds'. They should have held off making a decision in that case, until after 4CC.

What LRK said. It's exactly why they should have waited.

PrincessBeany

Rinkside
I've finally accepted the results enough to share my thoughts on my blog. I rant a little about Nam and Liam and attempt to understand Skate Canada's decision. I think Liam has been given one more chance to prove himself and perhaps this is a blessing in disguise for Nam.