2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

tulosai

Record Breaker
Starting a thread because I don't see one and the first group has already begun...

Senior Free Dance, First Group
Saturday, January 23, 2016
10:47am Local time (UTC -6) Central time

Session 13, including Senior Free Dance, Groups 2 and 3
Saturday, January 23, 2016
1:30 to 6:00 pm local time (UTC -6) Central time
Session 13 combines Groups 3 and 4 of Pairs
with Groups 2 and 3 of Dance
Dance is listed as 3:25 to 4:56 pm local time (UTC -6) on the color coded schedule.

What time is it now in St. Paul, Minnesota?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/st-paul

Compare to a time zone near you?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...p9=240&p10=236

Starting order, remaining skaters

5Danielle Thomas, Detroit SC
Daniel Eaton, Ann Arbor FSC
6Charlotte Maxwell, Arctic FSC
Ryan Devereaux, Pittsburgh FSC
7Alissandra Aronow, Arctic FSC
Collin Brubaker, All Year FSC
8Karina Manta, Coyotes SC of Arizona
Joseph Johnson, Broadmoor SC
9Alexandra Aldridge, Detroit SC
Matthew Blackmer, Detroit SC
10Kaitlin Hawayek, Detroit SC
Jean-Luc Baker, Seattle SC
11Anastasia Cannuscio, University of Delaware FSC
Colin McManus, SC of Boston
12Madison Chock, All Year FSC
Evan Bates, Ann Arbor FSC
13Maia Shibutani, SC of New York
Alex Shibutani, SC of New York
14Madison Hubbell, Lansing SC
Zachary Donohue, Lansing SC

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Thank you, Tulosai! I'll copy/paste my comments here and see you in about 3 hours for the rest... at the mercy of NBC :dev2:

The final perky part of Zucker/Sitiks's latin free would be a lot more fun if they didn't look so tired.
She hits her final pose several beats before the music ends and just holds it while he continues. She seriously looked like she's in pain at the end, is she injured?
Awww, she's thanking her coaches for sitting with them 'through the worst parts of their career' :sad21: Not at all happy with that dance

Completely zoned out for the next couple...blues program of some sort

The Reynolds skating to Kung Fu Panda, it sounds like. Some neat tai chi inspired transitions- they opened up with push hands! A few stumbles. She's in a red kimono dress and he's in a black tai chi suit. Only get halfway into position for one lift, but the next lift was pretty

And with this music choice, Patsis and Fast automatically become my favorite couple! :rock: ~I don't like Mooooondaaaays~ Even it they aren't skating well. And I'm not sure why they're dressed like they're from the 40s. Not really seeing the theme of the song in the dance... it was pretty generic for a song about a school shooting.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thank you, Tulosai! I'll copy/paste my comments here and see you in about 3 hours for the rest... at the mercy of NBC :dev2:

I am optimistic they will at least show the top 3 though top 5 would obviously be better. If they just show C/B and the Shibs I don't even know what to do with them....

I saw some most of the first group but to be honest was kind of zoning out through a lot of it... Ponomaryova and Altukhov may have some potential I think but not sure how old they are- it would impact my opinion a lot. I did like the Kung Fu Panda it was at least something a bit different :agree:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm pretty sure we'll see the entire final flight, but I'm not as sure about the second to last group (Thomas/Eaton through Aldridge/Blackmer...nice symmetry there). I think it's awful that some of the pairs and dance teams can't be seen AT ALL live.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Does anyone know if they are showing ice dance or ladies first?

100yen

Medalist
Dance and Pairs will be on at 2pm central time. If the soccer game on now doesn't go over time

Ladies will be on at 7

Ok thank you! I'm using the shadiest site ever to try and stream NBC :eek:hwell: Right now all I am seeing is reports on the big snowstorm.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hopefully for Ice Dance, we'll see some of Group 2 on the broadcast as well but I have a feeling we won't.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ok thank you! I'm using the shadiest site ever to try and stream NBC :eek:hwell: Right now all I am seeing is reports on the big snowstorm.

It's snowstorm/soccer review right now. Skating should start in 20 minutes. I'm praying for your shady site to hold out :laugh:

Hopefully for Ice Dance, we'll see some of Group 2 on the broadcast as well but I have a feeling we won't.

I know and it makes me so angry when they do that. But, hey, last year they showed all the men who weren't streamed live. I was pleasantly surprised I got to see Sean after all :hap10:. So there's hope?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
IN is now dark. The B stream is showing Skate Radio and live scoring.

NBC is doing their intro with Johnny and Tara.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My younger sister is watching TV, and I have no idea what my cable log in ID is. I'll take the shady stream, or any other NBC stream...

100yen

Medalist
Finally got it! Had to use a special program and stick the antenna out of the window but I have skating! :yahoo: I can hear Johnny's sweet voice.

Unfortunately, it seemed like all the east coast stations I tried just were showing the snow news all afternoon. My mom is trying to watch from the DC area and it's very frustrating!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's BOMBOGENESIS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, low pressure making blizzard conditions.

It's all weather all the time here in NYC.

Skating? What skating?

Le sigh.