The Terminal | Golden Skate

The Terminal

Antilles

Medalist
Just saw this film. It was quite good. (I can't remember the last time Spielberg made anything bad, though). The acting and story was good. I'd recommend seeing it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and John Williams did a great job with teh music... especially towards the end with the clarenet concerto! :) jmho though (I have his autograph..)

I really liked the credits, with the signatures, very cool.

Spielberg should get a huge nod for this...

I've noticed he's into planes... first sharks, then action heros, then aliens... now planes... I wonder what's next? ;) LOL

Here's some trivia

the JFK set was built 3 stories just for this movie... it cost $3+ million dollars!!!

I loved this movie... one of the best this year! :)

serenity

On the Ice
I haven't seen it but I seen the real life story that it is based on in the news.
An Iran man that lives in a airport for 10 years will get 6 figures of cash from the movie and he still may stay in the airport for the rest of his life. He now has his papers too.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
He lives in Charles De Gaulle airport I believe, and at one point they got him to leave, but he decided to go back and hasnt been removed again.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for the review! I am a real Tom Hanks fan, so want to see this movie. I can't believe someone would want to live in an airport terminal! Oh well, no rent to worry about paying, I guess. Maybe, I should see about living at the Vancouver airport. With all their airport improvement fees, it has become a pretty "posh" airport. Certainly nicer than my apt.

:D

- Will have to check this movie out!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think eating at the airport would be healthy though...

it was so good I went and saw it again... dad took me to the late show the same day I went and saw it with Erin... it's just as good the second time around! :)

anya_angie

Final Flight
It was a wonderful film. I just saw it yesterday. It's a great setup to what I will see next Saturday (hopefully) with my family, THE NOTEBOOK.

The Terminal was wonderful, but bittersweet.

*spoilers for those who haven't seen it*

I thought he would really get to be with Amelia in the end :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah... but at the same time she kept blowing him off... her loss, totally... and I think he realized that too...

Antilles

Medalist
Anya-I'm excited about the Notebook, too. Mostly because one of the stars, Ryan Gosling, is from my hometown. I always like to see his films.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I finally got to see this movie today and I loved it........wouldn't mind seeing it again. Tom Hanks does it all, comedy, drama, villain, leading man......I am so impressed with Catherine Zeta-Jones.......wonderful job, all of the actors in fact......see it quick before it leaves the theaters............42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Show, your take on Catherine interested me... I thought that The Terminal was her weakest performance to date... I much prefer her as a seductress (like in Chicago) or a more passionate leading lady (like Zorro!)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni, true, in terms of the range of characters in the past........but she always turns in solid, dependable performances.........I give her props for that......... :) 42

CB1AB2

Medalist
I guess I'm going to be the only one so far who DID NOT like the movie. I thought it was one of the worst picture that I have seen Tom Hanks in. I am a big fan of his I can't tell you how many of his movies I have == Splash = Saving Private Ryan = Forest Gump = to name 3. I thought the it was to corny. I know it is based on a true story, (there were a couple of cute scenes-like with the carts how he got the money to but his food) but=all in all it just didn't do it for me

cb

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
awwwwwwww it was a sweet film... definately not his best... but still you can not go wrong with the team of Spielberg & Hanks!