2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Sorry if this question has been asked already: did Jeremy Abbott retire? If not- why he does not appear at Nationals this season?

louisa05

Final Flight
Looking for a livestream for my mother. Her cable is out and she can't get a tech to her house until Tues. She already missed the ladies last night--it went out just before the final group. We can't seem to get the NBC one to work...

GypsyFe

On the Ice
its on now...sorry I dont know how to give link...NBC coverage scheduled to start in 2 hours...so maybe this will give at least first 2 groups

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How are the groups split up? Does anybody know?

There has to be 4 groups since 6 is the max per group and 19 skaters total with groups of 6 would leave a lone skater. Mixing up 5's and 6's wouldn't work either. Best assumption is 4-5-5-5?

ETA: Even though a group of 4 just seems strange.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Purple and black jumpsuits seem to be popular for this Nationals. Good luck, Eric! Set the tone for this event (please make it a happy one)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
There has to be 4 groups since 6 is the max per group and 19 skaters total with groups of 6 would leave a lone skater. Mixing up 5's and 6's wouldn't work either. Best assumption is 4-5-5-5?

ETA: Even though a group of 4 just seems strange.

The first group is only four, so I'll bet you're right. That means we'll be guaranteed to see Emmanuel- good. But Shotaro and Sean are in the most danger of getting chacked :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The first group is only four, so I'll bet you're right. That means we'll be guaranteed to see Emmanuel- good. But Shotaro and Sean are in the most danger of getting chacked :(

They might do what they did last night, use the Zamboni time for some intro/interviews/fluff and hold off the start of the penultimate group so they can start the broadcast with them.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Eric Stinehart

Music: Overture to the New Picasso

Purple/grey geomtric print shirt, black pants

3Lz+2T
3F
3Lz
CSSp
2A - bit scratchy, maybe <
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3S+2T - bit slow
3S+1Lo+2F
2T* - third 2T
2A - eeked out, maybe <
ChSq
CCoSp3p

Okay skate with 5 triples

FS: 49.73+42.66 = 92.39, 141.50, 1/1

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Curran didn't have great luck with his earlier spins, based on the tech score, but good for him for successfully improvising the triple-triple after missing it earlier on.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I got excited when I heard Curran was coached by Matt Savoie but I think his costume might be my favorite part of this program :eek:hwell:

Ok, it's picking up a little now. Kind of.