2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate

alebi

Medalist
For those who would have score S/M's PCS lower, what marks would you have given them and why? I don't know the PCS bullet points for pairs inside and out. I'm always curious about how we decide what program component scores we would give.

My consideration is worth nothing, but I find S/M's programme lacking in transitions, despite they got the same score than V/T. I'm usually not a great fan of V/T but their programme is way more rich, I saw a BIG difference between the two couples. I also think the difference is justified by the fact that S/M are new and are more focus on doing the elements correctly, they still need to find the chemistry and confidence.... Well, watching the scores I don't see this difference, I have the feeling that the judges gave them the score they COULD receive, and not the score they SHOULD have got in this competition.

Another example is "performance". It was no way over 9, they did a BIG HEAVY mistake. I don't understand why, usually (so this is not the only case), performance is always scored according to the other PCS marks... One can be a god in skating skills but if he does a mess he should get a proper performance score. This never happens.

Finally, I find the choreo too general and even a bit boring, but this is my personal taste, so it can't be taken into consideration :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Due to bad weather affecting all of this morning's ski sports, Eurosport 2 is showing a repeat of the Pairs FS NOW.

Starting with Aljona and Bruno.

EDIT (11:25 GMT): Hmph! That's all they showed! Now they're showing a Star Wars themed episode of Top 10 on British Eurosport 2, and LIVE Luge on ESP2 Deutschland (that's the version of Eurosport Player that I have open at the moment)!

EDIT (11:30 GMT): British ESP2 are now showing a repeat of yesterdays' Women's Giant Slalom.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

viennaskater

Medalist
That is something I also don't understand. Why did the competition begin so early? And why are the pairs the first to go today? I mean, they were the last to start among all 4 disciplines...

As ar as I know, after Ice Dance, there is no banquet or anything. It's Saturday. What. The. Hell. :ddevil: :hpull:

To give everyone an opportunity to see Bratislava at night!