2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate

Vicky458

On the Ice
LOL! Too funny when Johnny said Evegenia's lutz is set up so her flutz is hidden from the cameras and judges. I also feel that she over does the "tano". It takes away from the performance and she back loads her programs. I wonder how she she will fair after her body starts to mature.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
LOL! Too funny when Johnny said Evegenia's lutz is set up so her flutz is hidden from the cameras and judges. I also feel that she over does the "tano". It takes away from the performance and she back loads her programs. I wonder how she she will fair after her body starts to mature.

Kind of like what Gold does with her flip, I don't think that that would really even help in Medvedeva's case... You can pretty clearly see that it's ! even live and as judges probably know that, I think that they should just call it that until proven wrong.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish Rad the best. So hard she is consistent and a fighter. Unlike Julia she has been able to fight through puberty. I admire that because her growth is huge and fast. Some skaters are blessed with good genes - Polina and it is easier for them due to the growth pattern to survive puberty. I just don't want these girls to think they are disposable.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Just because Gracie's and Satoko's techincal problems are overlooked too, it doesn't make Evgenia's missing Lutz edge call okay. All of that is a problem. There's a slew of skaters behind them who are not getting this benefit of the doubt. And that makes it unfair.
This is only European Champions, not Worlds, so missing edge calls on leading skaters' jumps is understandable. Moreover, it did not affect the final standings of all these competitors in the least. The real problem should be all those positive GOE points for the poorly made jumps generously handed out by the judges at this event.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This is only European Champions, not Worlds, so missing edge calls on leading skaters' jumps is understandable. Moreover, it did not affect the final standings of all these competitors in the least. The real problem should be all those positive GOE points for the poorly made jumps generously handed out by the judges at this event.

There is nothing understandable about it. And it's not just Europeans: Evgenias flutz wasn't called at SA and CoR, Gracie got away with her lip several times this season too (SA LP, TEB SP). At this point, you can kind of expect them to not get called at worlds either.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Score is in line with her past results, but it's still ridiculous.

And that's the issue. When you compare this performance to her GPF scoring, it seems like reasonable scoring. But compare it to her Rostelecom or Skate America and it's like, huh? She skated clean at Rostelecom and scored 139, she had a fall on her 2A at Skate America and got 135. She has a fall on her 2A at Euros and gets 143.

The GPF was one of the highest PCS scorings ever (in all disciplines). It was almost as bad as Mordovian Ornament. You really think that if Anna goes clean with 214 points that means every time she skates in the future if she has 1 fall, then a score of 210 is acceptable? Hanyu got PCS of 98.50... so with 2 falls, 96 is acceptable?! Come on, judges. :rolleye:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
But Elena sells that program so hard. I can't help to think that she too yearns for that same incredible love story in her life.
Haha, I read that as her skating to "Story of My Life" (you know, that One Direction song).

On a second thought, the acoustic version of that song would be a pretty good piece for her in a Short Program. And maybe get Jeff Buttle to choreograph her a "Give Me Love" type of SP.

deedee1

Record Breaker
B.Euro commentary for Giada:)
16 Giada RUSSO ITA 89.88 B.ESP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1Xw6KTxPU

:love::love: I've never been thrilled this much in recent years with Laides competitive programs, tbh. Normally I don't like a skater to repeat previous season's programs, esp. if s/he is a top skater. But I'm totally okay with this one! Giada should keep this Red Violin free for next season for the sake of all skating fans in the world. A masterpiece. No doubt.

I hope she can somehow find consistency on jumps. Even with 3Ts, 3Ss and double jumps only, I can and would love to watch it all day though. Can someone please tell me who is the best jump coach in Italy? What is Contesti doing these days? Can he help her? Wait. Send her to Mishin, Orser, Arutunian, or to whomever who can help her with jump consistency for summer training camp. Speedy SHOULD do it with his all power and almighty $$$.

MIM

Medalist
:love::love: I've never been thrilled this much in recent years with Laides competitive programs, tbh. Normally I don't like a skater to repeat previous season's programs, esp. if s/he is a top skater. But I'm totally okay with this one! Giada should keep this Red Violin free for next season for the sake of all skating fans in the world. A masterpiece. No doubt.

I hope she can somehow find consistency on jumps. Even with 3Ts, 3Ss and double jumps only, I can and would love to watch it all day though. Can someone please tell me who is the best jump coach in Italy? What is Contesti doing these days? Can he help her? Wait. Send her to Mishin, Orser, Arutunian, or to whomever who can help her with jump consistency for summer training camp. Speedy SHOULD do it with his all power and almighty $$$.
I know!!!:)
She was a real super star to me at EC. Her FP goes beyond what figure skating can be and ought to be seen by as many people as possible.

I saw her last season programs, which were not as memorable as this season's. Her choreo, presentation, and packaging are vastly improved, even her jumps are improved, too. She has a momentum now and I agree she deserves every resource Italian federation can provide.

Here is her sp at the EC. http://youtu.be/3opQbpysSDs
She is enjoying every moment. The energy and freedom of her movement are just so fresh. :)

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

I know!!!:)
She was a real super star to me at EC. Her FP goes beyond what figure skating can be and ought to be seen by as many people as possible.

I saw her last season programs, which were not as memorable as this season's. Her choreo, presentation, and packaging are vastly improved, even her jumps are improved, too. She has a momentum now and I agree she deserves every resource Italian federation can provide.

Here is her sp at the EC. http://youtu.be/3opQbpysSDs
She is enjoying every moment. The energy and freedom of her movement are just so fresh. :)

count me in as a fan!! thrilling is the perfect way to describe that program :love: now i understand how BESP commentators feel when they say "spine tingling", there are so many skaters i love but i dont know, never felt like this before, there are other emotions i feel when i watch my favourites but this was new for me :laugh: i really hope she will improve technically and be a podium contender
i am not sure if i am exaggerating but i cant change how i felt :laugh:

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The movie is definitely not for grandmas!
As younger folks will learn when they become grandma-age, there's nothing wrong with movies for grandmas! In fact, most people I know who are grandmas are quite open to the "young" tastes of their grandchildren. Never underestimate the Woodstock Generation!

Sk8swan

On the Ice
count me in as a fan!! thrilling is the perfect way to describe that program :love: now i understand how BESP commentators feel when they say "spine tingling", there are so many skaters i love but i dont know, never felt like this before, there are other emotions i feel when i watch my favourites but this was new for me :laugh: i really hope she will improve technically and be a podium contender
i am not sure if i am exaggerating but i cant change how i felt :laugh:

She just *totally* grabs your attention...amazing! I've NEVER managed to enjoy a competitive program with messy jumps and be willing to watch it over again as I did with Giada's LP! Amazing coreography and presentation... :thumbsup: to her coach and coreographer! I hope she can keep growing and that we'll see her for many yrs from now... skating just needs skaters like her! :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
In her FS, Giada perfectly transformed herself to a trembling red violin with many hidden secrets. I was amazed by her ripe interpretation to the music and character. She was also a big breakthrough star at EC for me.

julie17

Rinkside
gracie will end up winning at worlds,,never seen such raw talent in my life ,,really love that girl,,,she will win the next olympics too
this was just a bump in the road for her

narcissa

Record Breaker
gracie will end up winning at worlds,,never seen such raw talent in my life ,,really love that girl,,,she will win the next olympics too
this was just a bump in the road for her

sure...

her entire skating career was just a bump in the road :rofl: