2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate

Kinga

Medalist
I like the Estonian girl. She is full of energy! She has tones of potential.
Nice dress too.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
But Kiira stopped cause of injuries, right? Fleur still has her health, money and motivation to continue. Kiira did harder tech though.

SB for Fleur. Well done!

Now, I might be getting her mixed up with somebody else, but if I remember correctly, Fleur did retire for nearly an entire Olympic cycle, and then came back for Vancouver.

So, she did lose her motivation, but then it came back.

CaroLiza_fan

piona

On the Ice
That's pretty harsh, medaling 3 times in European championships is pretty good.

I believe she said that it was too harsh for her body and she didn't find it enjoyable anymore or something? Like being forced to constantly do things that weren't good for her body.
Of course she said that. She had so many sponsors, she neednt work anymore. If you piss of your sponsors of course you have to say such things. Real skaters -like her- dont give just up for "feeling unconfortable". Look at Plushenko. After heavy surgeries he still started at Sotchi ... no mate ... that argument is too flat for me

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well that one was rough too :( I do think Niki has very nice musicality and expression though- I do hope one day she'll be able to stabilize her jumps somewhat :(

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Of course she said that. She had so many sponsors, she neednt work anymore. If you piss of your sponsors of course you have to say such things. Real skaters -like her- dont give just up for "feeling unconfortable". Look at Plushenko. After heavy surgeries he still started at Sotchi ... no mate ... that argument is too flat for me
Turning into professional = not having to work anymore? Apart from that, I really can't understand your agument. Plushenko even had to withdraw from Sochi due to his injury. She was injured for a very long time, with different injuries. Not everyone's a masochist.

- - - Updated - - -

This audio echo in the stream... :bang: So distracting....

Which stream? I don't have any.

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
Now, I might be getting her mixed up with somebody else, but if I remember correctly, Fleur did retire for nearly an entire Olympic cycle, and then came back for Vancouver.

So, she did lose her motivation, but then it came back.

CaroLiza_fan

Fleur retired after Turin. Came back for Vancouver, but didn't qualify; nor for the next Olympics.

MIM

Medalist
I don't know. The audio seems to be not intentional by her. It was right at the preparation for a jump. She was shaken by it. Big fall right at the ending.
She has good postures, though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Turning into professional = not having to work anymore? Apart from that, I really can't understand your agument. Plushenko even had to withdraw from Sochi due to her injury. She was injured for a very long time, with different injuries. Not everyone's a masochist.

- - - Updated - - -

Which stream? I don't have any.

Plushenko honestly needs mental help and should not be held up as any kind of role model.