2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Icenetwork is streaming Four Continents:
http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2016/02/2016_four_continents_champs

SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN) listed as of February 1

Short Dance (time appears to be in error)
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:00pm

Ladies Short Program
Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:50am

Pairs Short Program
Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:30am

Free Dance
Friday, February 19, 2016 12:30am

Men's Short Program
Friday, February 19, 2016 4:30am

Pairs Free Skate
Saturday, February 20, 2016 1:30am

Ladies Free Skate
Saturday, February 20, 2016 5:00am

Men's Free Skate
Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:00pm

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
NBC/Universal HD / NBCSN Schedule
All times Eastern

2/18/2016 3:00 PM 4:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Ladies Short
2/19/2016 12:30 PM 1:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Free Dance
2/19/2016 1:30 PM 2:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Short
2/20/2016 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Pairs Free
Sat. Feb. 20 2-4 Four Continents NBC
2/21/2016 11:00 PM 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free
2/26/2016 12:00 PM 2:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating NBC re-air

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For the first time ever, the ISU Eurovision channel will have live streaming of Four Continents:

Live coverage from Chinese Taipei from 18th February. Geoblocked in LatAm + Chinese Taipei + Australia + Singapore + Japan

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7

ETA (on Feb 14):

The ISU now has expanded its geoblocking to include the USA, Canada, China, Korea.

[Plus all of Taiwan is geoblocked (I know the IOC uses Chinese Taipei as a synonym for Taiwan as a whole, but not clear whether the ISU streaming page was doing the same).]

The ISU page now says:

Live coverage from Chinese Taipei from 18th February. Geoblocked in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, USA, Canada, LatAm, Australia, Singapour.

The changes are not surprising, but I wonder why all the geoblocked countries were not listed from the beginning.​

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For the first time ever, the ISU Eurovision channel will have live streaming of Four Continents:

Live coverage from Chinese Taipei from 18th February. Geoblocked in LatAm + Chinese Taipei + Australia + Singapore + Japan

Wow! And not geoblocked in Europe! I am very surprised, because I was watching a repeat of the Euros Gala on Eurosport last night, and the commentator said Eurosport is goin to air 4CC. So naturally I assumed eurovision would geoblock Europe.
I guess I should book a few days off from work to watch this live. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! And not geoblocked in Europe! I am very surprised, because I was watching a repeat of the Euros Gala on Eurosport last night, and the commentator said Eurosport is goin to air 4CC. So naturally I assumed eurovision would geoblock Europe.
I guess I should book a few days off from work to watch this live. :)

Mmmm. Our boys didn't give any indication as to whether they were showing 4 Continents. All they said when signing off from the Free Dance was "until next time, goodbye".

It was the same sign-off for the Gala coverage. But, before it, Chris was talking a lot about the skaters now looking towards Worlds in Boston. Of course, by definition the skaters at Euros wouldn't be going to 4 Continents! But, you'd have thought he would have mentioned it.

So, we didn't get any indication of what they have planned (or not).

I had a look at the schedule posts I did for the past few Four Continents, and we had LIVE coverage in 2013, But, we only had relatively short highlights programmes in 2014, largely because it was held earlier because of the Olympics, and so clashed with the Australian Open tennis. But we got the same level of coverage last year, when there wasn't anything clashing.

To me, that the Eurovision channel is not geo-blocked to Europe this year would say that Eurosport is not showing anything.

Mind you, I see that there are repeats of the European Dance FS being shown on British Eurosport 2 on Tuesday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] February, so that might be a good sign.

I suppose we will only find out for sure later on this week, when the schedules for those days start to appear on the Eurosport website.

If they are showing it, I will add the times to this post.

CaroLiza_fan

Update: 12[SUP]th[/SUP] February 2016

Doing this a bit earlier than usual, as I wanted to get it done before the Youth Olympics started tomorrow (well, tonight for the Opening Ceremony).

Most of the versions of Eurosport are showing exactly the same coverage of Four Continents. And I am afraid that it’s not good. Just 1 hour or 1h 30m of highlights containing THREE categories each day.

In Hungary, the coverage is the same except that they are not showing the Friday evening long highlights programme of the Free Dance / Mens Short, due to LIVE football. But, they are showing the shortened version on Saturday morning.

In France, as usual, there are some significant deviations from the schedule elsewhere in Europe. Firstly, they are not showing the breakfast time shortened highlights programmes on Friday or Saturday. And there is the usual changing of times of some of the other highlights programmes.

BUT, they are also showing LIVE coverage of the Ladies Short on Thursday morning on Eurosport 1!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

British Eurosport also deviates from the schedule. Firstly, they are showing repeats of the Free Dance from Europeans in the days leading up to 4 Continents. But, they are not showing the middle of the night repeats on Friday morning, as they are instead showing Eurosport News.

Otherwise, it is largely the same, The only major difference is, like in France, the first showing of the Free Dance / Men’s Short highlights is being shown later than elsewhere in Europe, coincidentally at 20:50 in their respective local times. But, in the British Isles, it will be on Eurosport 1 rather than Eurosport 2.

There is NO coverage of Four Continents on the British Eurosport Player. So, it is just as well the ISU stream on Eurovision is NOT geo-blocked in Europe.

Oh, I really hope that we will be able to get English commentary on the LIVE coverage of the Ladies Short on Eurosport France!

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport Deutschland , Eurosport Italia , Eurosport Nederland (All times CET)

Thursday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] Febuary 2016
ESP2 18:00 – 19:30 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short

Friday 19[SUP]th[/SUP] February 2016
ESP2 02:00 – 03:00 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 05:00 – 06:00 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 07:00 – 08:00 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 09:30 – 10:30 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 19:00 – 20:30 Free Dance, Men’s Short

Saturday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Febuary 2016
ESP2 08:00 – 09:00 Free Dance, Men’s Short
ESP2 20:35 – 22:00 Pairs Free, Ladies Free

Sunday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] February 2016
ESP2 20:35 – 22:00 Men’s Free, Gala

Eurosport Hungary (All times CET)

ESP2 07:00 – 08:00 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 09:30 – 10:30 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short

ESP2 08:00 – 09:00 Free Dance, Men’s Short

Eurosport France (All times CET)

ESP1 10:00 – 13:00 Ladies Short LIVE
ESP2 21:00 – 22:30 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP1 23:05 – 00:35 (Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short?)

ESP2 11:15 – 12:15 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 20:50 – 22:20 Free Dance, Men’s Short

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Tuesday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] Febuary 2016
ESP2 14:00 – 16:00 European Championships Free Dance
ESP2 19:00 – 21:00 European Championships Free Dance

Wednesday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Febuary 2016
ESP2 17:00 – 19:00 European Championships Free Dance

ESP2 06:00 – 07:00 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 08:30 – 09:30 Ladies Short, Short Dance, Pairs Short
ESP2 18:00 – 19:30 Free Dance, Men’s Short

ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Free Dance, Men’s Short
ESP1 19:35 – 21:00 Pairs Free, Ladies Free

ESP2 20:55 – 22:20 Men’s Free, Gala

Last edited:

viennaskater

Medalist
I was watching highlights last night of the Europeans and at the end, the commentators said that Four Continents will be shown on Eurosport. How much coverage it will be, I don't know yet, but the schedules should be up by the end of this week.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was watching highlights last night of the Europeans and at the end, the commentators said that Four Continents will be shown on Eurosport. How much coverage it will be, I don't know yet, but the schedules should be up by the end of this week.

Well, that is promising. So if the Dutch commentators and the German commentators said they will be showing it, I would say that it's a fair bet that it will be shown across the continent on Eurosport!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

However, I should issue a warning. The Welsh Open snooker starts the day before 4 Continents. And the Lahti Games for the various Nordic skiing disciplines are on those days as well. And there is Alpine skiing for the Men in France, and for the Women in Italy.

So, there mightn't be much room in the schedules for figure skating. :disapp:

Unless of course they decide to treat us and have LIVE coverage of the skating early in the morning before these events in Europe start...! ;) :biggrin:

Fingers crossed...!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I do stand corrected, it was not the Gala, but the Highlights program, indeed, (I zapped into the highlights program, I think, and then switched to a recording of the Gala, so it is a little jumbled in my mind). And it was the British commentators who said it.

edit to add: the Highlights program was on yet again on 1 (and about to start on 2, grin), and I switched the audio to Dutch. The lady commentator also said they would air 4CC, starting on Thursday 18, and also Worlds. :biggrin:

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
Italian Eurosport commentators said they will show Four continents as well. They said they did not know the schedule yet, but likely they will at least show an evening recap for every day of competition. I think last year was more or less the same, MAYBE they will show something live but I wouldn't count on it. Especially if there is that much skiing going on.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Anyone know what is happening in Canada with respect to 4CC coverage??

Nothing seems to come up on the CBC website and I also noticed Canada wasn't geoblocked on the Eurovision channel!

Was hoping at least for the CBC livestream again.. so nice without commentary!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I finally checked out that Eurovision tv app. I wish I had done that ages ago! I guess I always assumed it was the same app as the one I already had, titled Live+, but this one is way, way better! It features live streams, but also the ISU (and other sports) archive from the website, or even a larger archive. Among other events, I stumbled upon the 2011/2012 Grand Prix Junior final, which I know 100% I never saw anything of. Such fun! A whole lot of skaters who are now seniors, but also a bunch that I have never even heard of, so I wonder what happened to them after making it all the way to a JGPF.

Anyway, at least now I have the correct app in time for the 4CC. If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend it. Perfect for streaming to the telly, but also normal viewing on mobile devices.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm, I was expecting that geoblock for us on the ISU channel because SBS will actually be airing the highlights practically the same week! :eek:

That's what I have IN for and my unblocky friend, then. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is looking promising.

There are THREE hours of LIVE coverage on BES2 on Thursday 18[SUP]th[/SUP], from 09:00 to 12:00 GMT. And a highlights programme from 18:00 to 19:30 GMT

The full schedule is not up for Friday yet. But, searching for "skating" only brings up 3 highlights programmes for that day.

So, it will be interesting to see what the full schedule for the Championship turns out like.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This is looking promising.
There are THREE hours of LIVE coverage on BES2 on Thursday 18[SUP]th[/SUP],
Considering there are three short program events on Thursday, and they probably only air one live (that timeslot is the Ladies, I think?), I'm not too impressed. Still, it's nice of them to air anything live, of course.
I think I'm going to become fast friends with the livestream. :love:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
(that timeslot is the Ladies, I think?)
German ESP2 will show 3 hours live coverage as well on the 18th, and the TV guide says it will be the ladies' SP :yes: (not that this is of any use to me since I don't get ESP2. Here's hoping that the ISU live stream is actually going to work)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Considering there are three short program events on Thursday, and they probably only air one live (that timeslot is the Ladies, I think?), I'm not too impressed. Still, it's nice of them to air anything live, of course.
I think I'm going to become fast friends with the livestream. :love:

True, Eurosport aren't showing everything LIVE on Thursday. And it will probably be the only LIVE coverage.

But considering how much other stuff they are showing that week (snooker and ski sports), I am happy that they are showing at least some LIVE coverage of the skating on the TV.

I wonder if there will be an ISU stream on the Eurosport Player...

Sorry, I know the Eurosport Player is a sore point for you. But, they have been really getting their act together with their FIS streams recently. So, hopefully they will with their ISU stream as well.

CaroLiza_fan

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I wonder if there will be an ISU stream on the Eurosport Player...
If that happens, I'll nominate Eurosport for the Irony Award of the 2015/16 season :laugh2: they don't show the ISU stream on the Eurosport player when the Eurovision channel is geoblocked for Europe, but they do show it when it's not geoblocked? :laugh: That would make perfect sense

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Sorry, I know the Eurosport Player is a sore point for you. But, they have been really getting their act together with their FIS streams recently. So, hopefully they will with their ISU stream as well.
I am perfectly willing to pay monthly subscriptions... *if* I know in advance what streams they offer. But with the Grand Prix season, I thought they were pretty misleading by withholding that information.

They certainly did not have their act together with the European championships, either, so I'm not holding my breath at this point.

If that happens, I'll nominate Eurosport for the Irony Award of the 2015/16 season :laugh2: they don't show the ISU stream on the Eurosport player when the Eurovision channel is geoblocked for Europe, but they do show it when it's not geoblocked? :laugh: That would make perfect sense
Yup, wouldn't that be funny in a very sad, sad way?
I'm gonna assume that what it says on the ISU eurovision whatchamacallit website is correct, and 4CC is not geoblocked for Europe. I just booked two days off from work for it. It had better no be geoblocked. :slink:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I just checked the Eurosport program and it has only couple of days in: we get to see Ladies live on Thursdy and the next day it has no info on which is what- all spots are recorded around 1 hour duration each. I guess next week they give more details. Hopefully. And if Eurosport is covering it the ISU channel might block their stream for European countries. Again.:dev2: